Thread: attention mumbles you boomer trash

Load Metric

attention mumbles you boomer trash

whats the story with uber freight charging like 15% of normal movers?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    whats the story with uber freight charging like 15% of normal movers?
    Haven’t googled that topic yet. I’ll have to get back to ya.

Comments

Sanlmar: wp
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Building and running a business ungoverned by quarterly earnings is a subject Mumbles will have to ask Amazons Alexa about. That skews Millenial

The real question is do you trust some gig worker with your Hummel collection

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Building and running a business ungoverned by quarterly earnings is a subject Mumbles will have to ask Amazons Alexa about. That skews Millenial

its more a question of what exactly are they offering.

its unclear if they are just brokering for contractors/third parties who do the actual moving or if they are offering point-to-point shipping to the actual clients.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

its more a question of what exactly are they offering.

its unclear if they are just brokering for contractors/third parties who do the actual moving or if they are offering point-to-point shipping to the actual clients.
    Ok, I’ve Googled it sufficiently to confirm what I thought....

Uber Freight is a load broker, getting access to potential loads from customers, and recruiting drivers to participate and haul those loads. In order to get more loads from customers, they need to have more drivers who take their loads, and vice versa. Currently, Uber is drastically undercutting the traditional brokers by passing a lot more of the revenue from the load to the driver.

The 15% figure you mention might be the ratio of Uber Freight’s cut versus the average for traditional brokers. This doesn’t mean that the total freight to the customer is 15%, as traditional broker’s portion of the revenue for the load is usually about 10%-20%. Alternately, if Uber is foregoing keeping as much as traditonal brokers, they may be passing that savings on to customers for now, which translates into customers paying about 15% less with Uber versus traditional brokers.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    yeah i just signed up for an account and was quoted like $3500 for a full truck from coast to coast and immediately recognized that things were not what they seemed. thank you.

Load Metric
    Are you not friends with Suicide King? You should ask him for his free shipping privledges for a LOT of your smalls.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Are you not friends with Suicide King? You should ask him for his free shipping privledges for a LOT of your smalls.

i had never considered that but i feel like its a big ask... ill ship some noodz tho and see what happens.

Load Metric
    yeah i just signed up for an account and was quoted like $3500 for a full truck from coast to coast and immediately recognized that things were not what they seemed. thank you.
    You’re welcome. And if you subscribe to my googling services at the patron level, I’ll send you a complimentary coffee mug as soon as the first batch comes back from the jobber.

Name:  391A2AED-4F79-468C-B313-9228992AA595.jpeg
Views: 160
Size:  1.22 MB

Comments

FRANKRIZZO:

Thread Information