Thread: Dying cancer patient Kevin Racks gets scammed in ACR money trades

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Dying cancer patient Kevin Racks gets scammed in ACR money trades

Poker people have hit a new low.

Kevin Roster, aka Kevin Racks, is the man with terminal sarcoma, who came out to play the 2019 WSOP Main Event as his dying wish. He will probably not live to see September 1, and very possibly be dead within a few weeks.

He tried to load up his account on ACR in exchange for Cash App money, and this is what happened:

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Racks
    Thanks for the help guys. Unfortunately got robbed by one guy for $500 and also $150 by @pokerkingdomjr so it was a pretty expensive lesson to load my account. Fuck cash app for not verifying back of my ID too. Rob a dying man, hope y’all diagf #acrscam #pokerscammers

Pokerkingdomjr is named Michael Thompson on cash app. $ihatemoneybro fwiw
    https://twitter.com/#!/x/status/1149840851029245952

Michael Thompson, aka @Pokerkingdomjr on Twitter, currently has his tweets protected, possibly because of this matter. His real name is Brian Voytek, and is a career scammer.

Here is a 2+2 thread about some of Voytek's past scams: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/2...oytek-1725752/

The other guy appears to have deleted his Twitter completely.

Can you believe this shit?

Who would steal from a guy with terminal cancer?

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Dying cancer patient Kevin Racks gets scammed in ACR money trades

I would tell you who would rob a dying man,..i wish i can have this mfers for 3 days or 4. i would teach them respect.

Load Metric
    This forum has some pretty sharp guys who I'm sure can find out some real good contact information for these two scumbags . This probably won't play out well for the scammers .

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    From what I can tell, these two dipshits weren't associated, but were independent money trade scammers.

Both saw what they thought was an easy mark, and probably didn't realize they were ripping off a guy with terminal cancer.

I'm guessing both lost the money they stole and can't pay, so they're in hiding at the moment.

Not that any of this is an excuse.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Who would steal from a guy with terminal cancer?
    The same type of guy who would steal charity money raised for sick kids.

Comments

sah_24: Exactly ... right up the poker community's alley

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So it's my opinion right now, after talking to the first scammer -- a 20-year-old-kid -- that he really didn't know he was scamming a cancer patient, and just did something really stupid. Not defending it obviously but I don't think this guy is a career scammer, just a young degenerate who resorted to scamming to pay off gambling debts and happened to pick the worst victim possible. From what I can tell in my conversations with him, he feels bad and wants to make this right (though we'll see if that happens).

This Voytek guy seems like a real piece of work, though, and I'd love to know more about him.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Brian Voytek is no kid.

He's about to turn 45:

https://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/brian-voytek/

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Brian Voytek is no kid.

He's about to turn 45:

https://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/brian-voytek/
    Wow..u good Son! Just for seeing it u got a quarter 25coming..I figure it out how. Pay pal i know how to do good some days/times. snail mail is best for me always 100%. ..thank you for doing it.i feel less rage. bless you.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Update:

Turns out I once knew Brian Voytek... sort of.

In the summer of 2009, I was watching an internet video show of a former LA-area radio host I liked, and a guy named "Floppy Bob" came into the chat room. He claimed to be a pro poker player. I hadn't heard of him before, but he seemed nice enough, and we talked there about poker. This show had nothing to do with poker or gambling, so it was cool to have another poker player come in the chat. I remember he added me on Skype and we talked occasionally. We never met in person.

One day later that year he tried to ask me for a stake. I told him I don't stake anyone, and that was the last we talked. So I figured the dude was one of those low-stakes poker pros who couldn't quite make it, and was looking around for stakes. Whatever. There were tons of people like him in the late 2000s, so I didn't think anything of it.

He briefly had an internet radio or video show called "The Floppy Bob Show", but I never heard it. Here he was in February 2009 promoting it:

Even 10 years later, the video only has 34 views, so presumably almost nobody watched or listened to The Floppy Bob Show, hence its quick disappearance.

I never knew the guy's real name. I just knew him as "Floppy Bob", and in fact had assumed his name was Bob. (People assume my name is "Dan" for the same reason!)

Anyway, apparently the guy has been scamming for the past few years, all involving ACR transfers. Apparently his M/O is to create new Twitter accounts and say he has ACR for trade. Recently he returned to an old account he had in 2013 (@420Deepstack), but he deleted it this morning a few hours after I called him out as being a scammer. He actually pre-blocked @ToddWitteles and @Pokerfraudalert before I even interacted with him, presumably hoping I wouldn't see the account.

Here's a 2+2 thread about him from October 2018: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/2...oytek-1725752/

Last I heard, he lives in Perris, CA, but I haven't looked too much into it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I am currently in a private conversation with ACR owner Phil Nagy (first time I've talked to him, actually) regarding these ACR scams.

He wants to come up with a way to make trading easier and scam-free, and I'm giving him suggestions.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Update: The younger guy claims he's going to send $500 to me shortly, for me to forward on to Kevin, which of course I will do so quickly in whichever manner he wants.

I hope he comes through.

Brian Voytek is a career scammer and I'm sure I won't be hearing from him. He blocked me on all social media, including all of the Twitter accounts he uses for scamming.

Comments

donkeykilla: Good job Druff!

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Using This 8th Tier Poker Forum For Good Rep

Load Metric
    He is ending his life tomorrow.

http://mysarcomacancerstory.com

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah, apparently the money is going to be a bit too late.

Pretty fucked up.

Here's his final letter to the community:

http://mysarcomacancerstory.com/140-2/

He sent out his final tweets a few hours ago, and today will be ending his life via medically assisted suicide.

RIP

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Angry

Man, i knew i be reading this..I am honored Kev felt like this and know have learned some dignity and class from Kev..RIP my brother. Thank you for sharing. Druff Thank you for what you do here. Please let me know how i send something to you here.Thank you. NY Mk.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Update:

Turns out I once knew Brian Voytek... sort of.

In the summer of 2009, I was watching an internet video show of a former LA-area radio host I liked, and a guy named "Floppy Bob" came into the chat room. He claimed to be a pro poker player. I hadn't heard of him before, but he seemed nice enough, and we talked there about poker. This show had nothing to do with poker or gambling, so it was cool to have another poker player come in the chat. I remember he added me on Skype and we talked occasionally. We never met in person.

One day later that year he tried to ask me for a stake. I told him I don't stake anyone, and that was the last we talked. So I figured the dude was one of those low-stakes poker pros who couldn't quite make it, and was looking around for stakes. Whatever. There were tons of people like him in the late 2000s, so I didn't think anything of it.

He briefly had an internet radio or video show called "The Floppy Bob Show", but I never heard it. Here he was in February 2009 promoting it:

Even 10 years later, the video only has 34 views, so presumably almost nobody watched or listened to The Floppy Bob Show, hence its quick disappearance.

I never knew the guy's real name. I just knew him as "Floppy Bob", and in fact had assumed his name was Bob. (People assume my name is "Dan" for the same reason!)

Anyway, apparently the guy has been scamming for the past few years, all involving ACR transfers. Apparently his M/O is to create new Twitter accounts and say he has ACR for trade. Recently he returned to an old account he had in 2013 (@420Deepstack), but he deleted it this morning a few hours after I called him out as being a scammer. He actually pre-blocked @ToddWitteles and @Pokerfraudalert before I even interacted with him, presumably hoping I wouldn't see the account.

Here's a 2+2 thread about him from October 2018: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/2...oytek-1725752/

Last I heard, he lives in Perris, CA, but I haven't looked too much into it.

The story makes a lot more sense now.

I've had a guy harassing me on twitch for years that lead to twitter. He would create several accounts on twitch that I'd continue to ban which lead to him following me on twitter.

One of the names was mrfloppybob (both twitter and twitch) but he followed me under other names on twitter too.

After a while of doing this twitch harassment which can be common on that platform but not to the extreme this guy takes it one day he contacted me on twitter trying to get personal information and making some threats before calming down saying he would stop harassing me everywhere he's had his fun and was done with that.

This was very short lived as he was back and I knew who he was watching me over on twitch but instead of just banning him right away since he wasn't harassing me I let it go even though he came close to crossing the line a few times. Later on I come to find out the guy under the name that threatened/trolled me was trying to sell ACR for paypal all over the place and people weren't getting paid. A regular in my stream who he couldn't stand he started to harass after they came at him so I banned him.

It didn't stand well with this guy and he started making false claims on my name tweeting at paypal, acr, and other big poker players that he sent me money for ACR (a site I rarely ever play on this guy was well aware of that too) and I didn't pay him. As someone who don't really have a following I take this personally because I respect my name and how people think of me in poker not that I'm going to be buying or selling but just in general I wouldn't want to be seen in a wrongful way. I'm never going to sell to some random person even if I had the money on which I don't really play much on ACR.

After reporting him to twitter and a few others did the same this particular account got shut down but he gets on one of his others to make these same harassing claims so I report the rest of them to twitter.

He would come on other accounts of his posting in those tweets trying this deflection tactic trying to make it seem like he was telling the truth and I was a liar. This is a standard thing scammers to do placing blame elsewhere when really they are the culprit.

It got so out of line wasting a few days of my time that after blocking several accounts I made my twitter private. I was seeking legal advice on the subject at the time for slander/defamation and my representation (friend of family lawyer) said if I pursued it legally twitter would most likely cooperate providing ip addresses which can be traced back to the isp so if he's vpning it could potentially be traced back to his true ip. A vpn service knows what they are selling but if it comes down to a legal matter they aren't going to protect someone like people might think.

After giving it some thought for a few weeks all I really wanted was the guy to get a life and go away so I decided to keep logs of future harassment proof in case I decided to pursue it later on.

A few weeks after the twitter shenanigans mrfloppybob was still following me and since he was around twitch under that name not doing anything shady for the time being that I can recall I thought nothing of it at the time as to who he really is until I started seeing him begging hard to buy acr funds and not paying people who sent him the money. I instantly blocked his ass after dealing with the previous harassment situation and moved on.

Sometimes the extreme troll guy would come back when I was on twitch acting normal for a while but it becomes obvious very early who he is and I would let it go on to see when he would blow up and other times he would simply create a terrible screen name usually slandering or being racist that he would get the insta ban.

I'm quite confident it all goes back to the same person whom I'm sure is getting people to always send first whether it be on acr to play or to sell his alleged acr funds and run off with the money. Depending how the money is sent on paypal chargebacks are possible but it's likely he has them send as "gift" that you can't reverse or if you try to what are you going to say it was for a poker transaction? That won't go well with paypal.

The guy I've dealt with I can't say for 100% but probably 98% to be this mrfloppybob (it all just adds up) has tried to follow me under various names after my twitter was made private. One night a few months back he kept doing the follow then unfollow 20 times in a row that I went into my twitter settings to turn my follow alerts off permanently so I don't hear my phone beeping every few seconds.

I'm not the only one this weirdo has harassed on twitch it's been several people over the years with several angles not just to steal money but just to annoy poker players.

Who knows why Brian Voytek has been a career poker scammer but my guess is too many people in poker can be easily taken advantage of and he's continued to make money on that. You would think winning poker players wouldn't fall for this stuff but that isn't always the case and can many times be far from it.

If someone is desperate to play poker on a Sunday and can't deposit any other way they will seek out a transfer, or if they don't want to wait for a check because they aren't into bitcoin they will be willing to sell funds.

Take that extra step of getting bitcoin or waiting for that dreaded check instead of being rolled by a stranger whose befriended you online.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

It took awhile, but the younger of the two scammers sent me the $500 he stole from Kevin.

In return, I agreed to remove his name from this thread, so please do not post it again. I got the impression from talking to him that he was just a young degenerate who did something stupid, and had no idea he was scamming a cancer patient. Not making excuses for him, but since he finally paid the money back, and since he doesn't have a history of scamming, I agreed to remove his info, so he can get on with his life. He was only 20 when he did it.

Brian Voytek, of course, is a different story. He is a 45-year-old career scammer, and deserves zero forgiveness.

Obviously this is 7 months after Kevin passed, so he won't be able to personally receive it from me.

I do not plan upon keeping one penny of the $500, as it's not mine to keep. However, the money has to go somewhere. I am thinking we can either track down Kevin's family and send it to them, or we can find a Sarcoma-related charity or research group and send them the $500.

Comments

Salty_Aus: OUTSTANDING!

Tellafriend:

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Well Done Druff Rep

duped_samaritan: nice

big dick: nj druff

Load Metric
    BUMP

It took awhile, but the younger of the two scammers sent me the $500 he stole from Kevin.

In return, I agreed to remove his name from this thread, so please do not post it again. I got the impression from talking to him that he was just a young degenerate who did something stupid, and had no idea he was scamming a cancer patient. Not making excuses for him, but since he finally paid the money back, and since he doesn't have a history of scamming, I agreed to remove his info, so he can get on with his life. He was only 20 when he did it.

Brian Voytek, of course, is a different story. He is a 45-year-old career scammer, and deserves zero forgiveness.

Obviously this is 7 months after Kevin passed, so he won't be able to personally receive it from me.

I do not plan upon keeping one penny of the $500, as it's not mine to keep. However, the money has to go somewhere. I am thinking we can either track down Kevin's family and send it to them, or we can find a Sarcoma-related charity or research group and send them the $500.
    I'm sure his family would be touched to learn you did something in regard to the low-lifes who robbed him on his death bed.

Well done Todd.

Comments

shoeshine box: word.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Oddly, his wife hasn't responded yet. Not sure if she got the message. The guy who gave me her info (a respected poker pro) said she hasn't responded to him lately, either.

Weird. I'm going to keep up on this. More info later.

Comments

shoeshine box: good job.

Thread Information