Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The weird return of the abortion debate, nearly 50 years after Roe v Wade

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Im amazed at the amount of absolute cuckolds we have on an NWP offshoot site.

Comments

cleatus: when you're holding 2 kilos of african_trannie man meat do u blow clouds or rings on it before deep throating the whole thing?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Yes, because there are no unethical doctors out there, nor are there any women who would kill their baby.

Let's just make the murder of fully formed human beings legal, and trust that women and doctors will always do the right thing.

In fact, let's just make all forms of murder legal, as long as a doctor signs off on it.

Sounds like a great plan.
    Thank God there are men like you around to morally judge women and save their babies. BTW Druff, how many times have you been pregnant?
    Now, now. Druff can totally empathize with women who are “in trouble” and need an abortion.

Name:  15FF9C8B-52B5-4F63-A08D-EC851666F0D5.jpeg
Views: 305
Size:  95.5 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    If I am Pro Life, what are you, it's that simple.

Anyone who would not just choose to kill a child but actually fight/picket/yell etc in order to do so is a sick person. period.

If you are pro baby killer I bet there is a super selfish reason why, otherwise you are simply mentally ill.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post

Anyone who would not just choose to kill a child but actually fight/picket/yell etc in order to do so is a sick person. period.

If you are pro baby killer I bet there is a super selfish reason why, otherwise you are simply mentally ill.
    The obvious (and extreme) response is the 13 year old who got raped by her father and then didn't tell anyone until she was clearly pregnant example.

It's just not that simple and you're a piece of shit for thinking otherwise.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Honestly I can totally understand the pro-choice arguments regarding early-term abortion. I may not agree with all of them, but I can understand them, and at an earlier point in my life, I was actually pro-choice myself.

But these late-term abortion arguments are just absolutely insane. I'm shocked that otherwise decent people on this forum are okay with abortion at 8 months being legal if "a woman and her doctor" sign off on it. That's a human being you're killing there. A fully formed human who could and would easily live out a normal life outside the womb.

I'm not talking about obvious situations where the mother's life is in danger. I'm not even talking about the rare situation where the baby has severe birth defects and will have zero quality of life.

I'm talking about a blanket allowance of full-term abortions based upon the approval of "a doctor".

It will basically become the medical marijuana situation all over again, except it will involve killing babies instead of allowing people to purchase legal weed.

If there's money to be made, and if it's legal or quasi-legal, unethical doctors will rush to fill the market void and do whatever is asked of them.

Laws are in place in our society in order to prevent greedy/unethical/evil people from inflicting harm upon others or society.

It is a gigantic mistake to ever legalize murder based upon the approval of someone financially incentivized to say yes.

Does anyone remember "safe, legal, and rare" -- the slogan of supporters of Roe v. Wade in the early 70s?

There would have been zero support for Roe v. Wade if people could have looked into the future and seen what abortion has progressed into.

24 weeks for any reason.

Full term abortions with doctor permission.

Get the fuck outta here.

This is exactly what the religious right has been claiming for decades was eventually going to happen, and even I laughed them off.
    By making legitimate-for-medical-reasons late term abortions illegal, you are effectively inviting financially-incentivized unethical doctors to “rush to fill the market void” given that outright prohibition of *any* late term abortion will drive up the market price. So, congratulations! You will have effectively created the nightmare scenario of legions of unethical doctors commiting unethical abortions that you scaremonger about.
    First off, what do you define as "legitimate-for-medical-reasons" late term abortions?

The New York bill simply states that a late term abortion (up until the end of pregnancy) can occur in order to save the "life or health" of the mother, with "health" left undefined and super broad.

I don't understand your second point. Are you saying that black market abortion doctors performing late term abortions would make more underground than being able to perform a ton of LEGAL late term abortions?

If so, LOL.

It's not even close.

Besides, this argument isn't about money. It's about the ethics of killing a fully formed baby when the life of the mother is not in danger.

I'm stating that it's a bunch of bullshit to claim that the "decision should be made between a woman and her doctor" when tons of unethical doctors will step in to fill the role of baby killer if it's legal, and it's outrageous that such murder would be legalized as long as a doctor puts his rubber stamp on it.

Aside from the mother's life being in danger from the pregnancy (or SEVERE potential medical consequences), it should never be legal to kill a fully formed human baby, whether in or outside the womb.

The fact that the left is arguing for this shows just how callous they've been all along regarding abortion and the fact that they're killing a baby. The argument has gone from, "We're just ending the pregnancy when it's a clump of cells" to "It's the woman's body, so she has a right to kill the fully formed human inside of her."

Unbelievable.

Even more unbelievable is the fact that these same leftists think it's horrible to put a mass murderer to death, even with 100% ironclad evidence against him.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Make no mistake.

The left isn't fighting for late-term abortion to protect the rights of the TINY percentage of women who have their lives threatened by a pregnancy.

It's not about that.

In fact, almost everyone on the right AGREES that late-term abortion is fine if the mother's life is truly in danger.

This isn't about protecting women's lives.

It's about what the far left has wanted all along, regarding abortion: Allowing women to kill babies up until moments before birth.

The left erroneously sees this as a women's rights issue, instead of a human rights issue.

The left erroneously sees this about the rights of one person, when in fact it's the rights of two people.

Once you have a fully formed human being, you can no longer discard it like a broken appliance. It should have rights just like an infant outside of the womb -- again with the only exception being when the mother's life would be in danger.

I don't think a lot of you realize what a tiny percentage of abortions are due to threats to the mother's life. Absolutely tiny percentage.

This is about the left and their ridiculous gender war. If something "empowers" women, it's automatically deemed good, even if it opens the door for murder, right? The important thing is to stop those mean, evil, heterosexual white males from making decisions about women's bodies!

Scene: Doctor's Appointment, New York, August 2019

Woman (to herself): Damnit, my boyfriend left me, I'm broke and 7 months pregnant. I don't want this baby anymore! I just hope I can qualify for that abortion for medical reasons somehow!

Doctor: Hi, can I help you?

Woman: Yes, I would like to have an abortion, but I think we're past the deadline, right?

Doctor: You're past the 24 week deadline to do it for any reason, yes. But we can explore your options. Tell me, are you experiencing any pain?

Woman: Well yeah, my back hurts a lot, but I heard that lots of pregnant women have....

Doctor: Ah, back pain! Let me examine. Does it hurt here? Yes? Here? Yes? Here? Yes? Well, this looks like you face the likelihood of a severe spinal-related disability which will affect your mobility if you have this baby!

Woman: Really? I mean, it's not terrible, it just kinda hurts me all day and when I try to fall asleep.

Doctor: These things can get a lot worse. You need to protect your own health first! Now, can you tell me how you're feeling mentally?

Woman: Not very good, my boyfriend just left me, and I'm 7 months pregnant.

Doctor: Have you been depressed recently to the point where it occupies all of your thoughts and interferes with daily life?

Woman: Well yeah, I've been kinda freaking out about this.

Doctor: I see. Well, this seems like the beginning of major depressive disorder, brought on by the pregnancy. You qualify for an abortion at 7 months, as both your mental health and your ability to walk and function normally are in danger.

Woman: That's great, I guess. So you can do this now?

Doctor: Right this way...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This is what a 7-month pregnancy looks like:

Totally okay to abort that simple clump of cells, right?

Disgusting.

Load Metric
    Scene: 13 year old girls bedroom, Alabama, August 2019

Girl: "daddy no, that hurts!"

Father: "don't you tell anyone or I'll hurt mommy!"

---4 months later---

Girl: "mommy, my tummy hurts"

Mother: "ok lets go to doctor"

Doctor: "she's pregnant"

Mother: "how did this happen? who put their penis inside of you!"

Daughter: "daddy did, but i promised not to tell!"

Doctor: "sorry, abortion is illegal, Congrats though, you're going to be a mother!"

Comments

MumblesBadly: One soon-to-be-bigger happy family

Load Metric
    Druff, it’s so good to see your empathy for children become so heightened in this election cycle. I’m looking forward to your newly expressed compassion for the little ones motivating you to support one of these Democrats in the election next year!

We asked all the 2020 Democrats how they’d fix child care. Here’s what they said.
    The American child care system is failing everyone. Now it’s finally becoming an election issue.
    https://www.vox.com/2019/5/22/183028...kids-president
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Scene: 13 year old girls bedroom, Alabama, August 2019

Girl: "daddy no, that hurts!"

Father: "don't you tell anyone or I'll hurt mommy!"

---4 months later---

Girl: "mommy, my tummy hurts"

Mother: "ok lets go to doctor"

Doctor: "she's pregnant"

Mother: "how did this happen? who put their penis inside of you!"

Daughter: "daddy did, but i promised not to tell!"

Doctor: "sorry, abortion is illegal, Congrats though, you're going to be a mother!"
    Notice that your example involves "4 months later", not "7 months later".

You're not even making a case for late term abortion with the example above.

Again, why are you stating these super-rare extreme cases in order to legalize late term abortion?

Wouldn't it simply be better to write these extremes into the law into the first place, rather than broadly allow late-term abortion on permission from a (possibly shady) doctor?

Load Metric

The obvious (and extreme) response is the 13 year old who got raped by her father and then didn't tell anyone until she was clearly pregnant example.

I love this but a teen girl was raped argument because it is indeed an extreme 1% case, if. SO the left use this extreme case to kill the other 99% of babies for no reason besides selfishness.

And btw killing the baby of a rape is also killing half of you. That baby that life did nothing wrong and is also part of you, you may not like where the other half came from or how it came but its there, its precious life and its innocent.

The problem is that most of the country does not realize the huge increase of late term abortion and after birth murders due to "medical" reasons. Give them a inch and they are taking a foot. Not sure how these mass murderers sleep at night, sick people. Oh wait that's right a woman who has an abortion is 3-6 times more likely to commit suicide hhhhmmm

Load Metric

I love this but a teen girl was raped argument because it is indeed an extreme 1% case, if. SO the left use this extreme case to kill the other 99% of babies for no reason besides selfishness.

And btw killing the baby of a rape is also killing half of you. That baby that life did nothing wrong and is also part of you, you may not like where the other half came from or how it came but its there, its precious life and its innocent.

The problem is that most of the country does not realize the huge increase of late term abortion and after birth murders due to "medical" reasons. Give them a inch and they are taking a foot. Not sure how these mass murderers sleep at night, sick people. Oh wait that's right a woman who has an abortion is 3-6 times more likely to commit suicide hhhhmmm
    Are there any impartial statistics you know of that we can use to continue this debate? Not being a troll.

Load Metric

Again, why are you stating these super-rare extreme cases in order to legalize late term abortion?
    You gave an extreme case and I responded with one.

How rare are they?

And how often does a 9 months pregnant woman want to kill her child for selfish reasons?

I don't know, and I don't think you know either.

Load Metric
    if you oppose late term abortion cause the baby's viable (i.e., a person), i'm not sure why you would be ok with it in cases of rape or incest. i don't get the moral argument for that.

(and i'm pro-choice but not for late term)

Load Metric

Are there any impartial statistics you know of that we can use to continue this debate? Not being a troll.
    I can say I have read that rape and the inclusion of incest were the reason given for approx. 1-1.5% and that stat has as far as I can google has never been debated among pro choice individuals. In fact CNN (liberal obviously) just ran a huge piece on reasons why women have abortions besides rape or incest because they know that argument is weak. They list everything from I didn't want a third kid to my bc failed or I am poor etc. They also claim 1 in 4 women have had one but what they don't tell you is the majority are African American women. So the fight for abortion is really a fight for keeping the black population lower, just sayin these bleeding heart liberals keep eating their own.

There must be an impartial site with stats, Ill look.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    if you oppose late term abortion cause the baby's viable (i.e., a person), i'm not sure why you would be ok with it in cases of rape or incest. i don't get the moral argument for that.

That's fair. I'm against late term (third trimester) abortion unless there's a serious risk predicted for the mother and or child.

My original response was to DonaldsHairPiece claiming "it's just that simple" and the second in response to Druff freaking out about the far left murderers.

In reality, I don't think the left is in favor of late term abortion except under very specific circumstances. I also don't think the right is in favor of no abortions ever, no matter what, including incest, rape, being a raped 13 year old, etc.

It's really complicated and something I believe should be decided by doctors (who have taken the hippocratic oath) and women. The government has no business getting involved, especially a bunch of red necks from Alabama.

Load Metric

That's fair. I'm against late term (third trimester) abortion unless there's a serious risk predicted for the mother and or child.

My original response was to DonaldsHairPiece claiming "it's just that simple" and the second in response to Druff freaking out about the far left murderers.

In reality, I don't think the left is in favor of late term abortion except under very specific circumstances. I also don't think the right is in favor of no abortions ever, no matter what, including incest, rape, being a raped 13 year old, etc.

It's really complicated and something I believe should be decided by doctors (who have taken the hippocratic oath) and women. The government has no business getting involved, especially a bunch of red necks from Alabama.

Trust the doctors LOL The very bias doctors who have no issue pulling a living child out of a womb by the neck and killing it or sticking it with a needle like a dog, give me a break. Trust those doctors, not in a million years.

And to add to it, money yes money is involved, they harvest these organs and often the whole child for research and a big money making aspet to this exists, it runs deeper and sicker than you think.

Load Metric

just fyi i wasn't directing my original comment to you specifically though it might have looked like i was.

but since you mention it, i'm not sure why you think the government doesn't have any business getting involved with banning third-trimester abortions. if you are against late term abortions because it equates to killing a child, why would that be different from how we treat the murder of adults, which the government prohibits?

i'm sure (or at least hopeful) that the rate of late term abortions where the life of the mother was not at stake is rare. but i don't get why the rarity of that circumstance should be a factor in deciding whether or not to prohibit it.

Comments

DonaldTrumpsHairPiece: yeeeeep

Load Metric
    Are you guys really arguing that we should trust politicians but not doctors when it comes to giving birth?

Load Metric
    Are you guys really arguing that we should trust politicians but not doctors when it comes to giving birth?

My choice is to trust baby killers or a politician, agreed its a tough call but ya Ill go with the politician in this case, not all but this one yes.

Thread Information