Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Erick Lindgren's bad debts aren't the least bit surprising

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    The divorce was a business decision. They are still a couple.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Oxlong View Post
    Do you know this for sure, or are you just guessing?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John Stamos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

My big question: How the fuck did a bright, grounded guy like Haralabob end up being owed what is likely 7 figures by a guy like Erick?
    By my reasoning the figure is likely to be 2 million or more. Negreanu states it was an insanely insane sum of money and then a paragraph later says he is owed 500k meaning this sum has to be quite a bit more than that. Bob also mentioned that Erick has paid back 80% and he thinks the figure he is owed is probably still the most that Erick Owns anyone. That would be 400k if it was 2 million.

Bob has always seemed very likable on his TV appearances and posts on 2+2. I drew from Bob's post that he knew Erick was a part of Team Full Tilt and realized that Erick had huge sums coming in every month. I am not sure if Bob put any juice on the price, at this point I am certain he would be happy just receiving anymore money. I have lent decently large sums of money to friends that took a while to pay back but they always did. I don't think being smart or grounded has anything to do with lending what was likely a friend a large chunk of money, although had this turned into a justin smith part 2, Bob could have definitely only blamed himself for lending large amounts.

its amazing how quickly this site is being used as a venue for quality content like this and there are many active posters. instead of on DD where about 6 or 7 horrible faggots drive insightful and thoughtful posters away in droves

obv not Todd's # 1 fan, but its hilarious to me how he has raped DD literally overnight for the best posters and there is more readable content here in the last 36 hours than there has been on 'that other site' for the last 6 months.

I hope Todd remains rigid on his criteria for allowing members to post here and doesn't let it turn into a fuck fest of useless pubescent assholes.

oh and John Stamos is God obv
    Oh the irony of that Tyde quote. Lol at drunken Lindgren stumplting to the blackjack table when it was time to raise the bets. Jean Rober is by far my fav poker pro guy is hillarious. Five star thread.

Load Metric
    Interesting somebody has edited Erica's page to show the divorce.. How did we miss that before now.. Wonder when it was updated??

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Oxlong View Post
    Do you know this for sure, or are you just guessing?

Guessing but I have seen them several times together in Vegas restaurants since the "divorce".

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Listened to another excellent PFA radio show and I agree with what Drex said on this subject. Definitely a good chance that they are legitimately divorced and still friendly. Without question I (and I'm sure many others) have seen them eating together during tournament breaks so I just assumed the divorce was more to protect assets than anything else but just a guess.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    I wonder who Erica is sleeping with now?

If I had to guess Eric's debts put a damper on their relationship.

They do have at least one child together.
    2 kids

Bad debts equal reportable earnings to the deadbeat borrower. If you want to deduct the loss on the loan to a deadbeat this becomes traceable to the deadbeat. And he has to pay tax on the loan written off unless he is insolvent or bankrupt or holding up a lacy fan like Scarlett Ohara in gone with the fucking wind in a dago restaurant which alone should get him off. Well not off like in a weird thing but rather with the IRS.

Thread Information