Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Erick Lindgren's bad debts aren't the least bit surprising

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BTW, JoyMillersMeatCurtains (LOL @ that screen name, btw), I really appreciate you screen-capturing those notable posts from the long 2+2 thread.

However, because the screen capture was on the small side, I now feel like I have eye strain after reading them!

Maybe just link or copy/paste the posts in the future?

I'm guessing that maybe the forum automatically resized the image.

I was having a bit of trouble sizing my screenshots nothing to do with your site, my error, won't happen again. I have the feeling a few more bombs will be dropped re: E-bag. Not impressed by DN's post at all. He probably felt compelled to post since Bob had already sent him what he hand intended to post on 2+2. I highly doubt DN would have posted at all but I could be wrong...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JoyMillersMeatCurtains View Post
    I was having a bit of trouble sizing my screenshots nothing to do with your site, my error, won't happen again. I have the feeling a few more bombs will be dropped re: E-bag. Not impressed by DN's post at all. He probably felt compelled to post since Bob had already sent him what he hand intended to post on 2+2. I highly doubt DN would have posted at all but I could be wrong...
    Overall, I like Daniel, and I think he's one of the better people in poker.

However, I think he sometimes he spouts off or does weird things without thinking, and then regrets it later.

Remember that awkward and ill-advised blackface video? I mean, who hasn't learned by this day and age that blackface is offensive, especially when you're a public figure?

He's also written a lot of weird blogs that have just left me scratching my head, thinking "WTF?"

He also went through that weird phase where he suddenly became a religious Christian.

I admire his willingness to speak out against certain shady people/organizations in poker. I told him that when we played together in the 2010 WSOP. My exact words to him were, "I appreciate what you're doing with speaking out against UB. Even though I've been doing it for years, there's a big difference between a guy like me doing it and someone as well-known as you doing it. We need more big-name poker pros speaking out in situations like these, because that will really influence people." He said that he agreed.

Unfortunately, if you're going to put yourself in the spot where you speak out against the scumbags of poker, you can't just limit it to those that you personally dislike. Daniel doesn't necessarily have to go on a crusade to expose all of his friends' dark secrets, but when stories like this come out, he needs to strongly rebuke Lindgren, not make "addiction" excuses for him. I know that's a hard thing to do to your friends, but that's the position you put yourself in when you loudly attack other shady people in the industry.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamRazor View Post
    Originally Posted by coltranedog

I like Daniels blog posts and video's a lot, I wanted to get this out here in the public before Daniel says something that downplays the whole situation.

For me, thats the money shot.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Honestly Daniel is one of the good guys in poker. People will always look to protect their friends. Although his suggestion that this is something to do with "old school vs new school thinking" is utterly faggot, and I doubt I would like him in real life, he has a great TV demeanour and is good for poker as a whole.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamRazor View Post
    Honestly Daniel is one of the good guys in poker. People will always look to protect their friends. Although his suggestion that this is something to do with "old school vs new school thinking" is utterly idiotic, and I doubt I would like him in real life, he has a great TV demeanour and is good for poker as a whole.
    He's also good to his fans.

While many big-name pros sit quietly, act pissed off, and ignore everyone on the rail, Daniel always acts like he's putting on a performance and talks to the people watching him.

It's annoying to have him at your tournament table with this going on, but if I were one of his fanboys, I'd really enjoy this. It's definitely good for poker that he acts this way.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    looks like guy got paid the $2800

Quote Originally Posted by Interpleader View Post
    Paid the $2,800 owed via paypal last night. Seems sorry fwiw.

Edit: Erica Schoenberg sent the money
    Edit#2: They made me pay the $82 worth of paypal fees, so I really only received $2,700.

lol.. Yeah he's sorry alright. Sorry he was outed publicly. Scumbag should have included fees.

Load Metric
    Everybody knows if you just send it as a gift then you don't have to pay any fees.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm glad the guy got his money, but I'm 100% sure it's because of the thread he started, and it's like putting a band-aid on life-threatening injuries from a car accident, and pretending you're healed.

This can't end well.

Also LOL @ the Paypal fees.

Banned
    Load Metric
    haha making him pay the fees that is classic

Banned
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    I believe that in time there will be more of an influx of more instances of well known pros owing substantial sums of money. I believe that one of the main reasons is Black Friday and the loss of sponsorship from sites like Full Tiltand UB. A lot of these pros thought that Black Friday would never occur and continued to burn their money or play really high. Nothing wrong with playing 300-600 compared to 3000-6000. Isn't that right Todd Brunson?
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Banned
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post
    ^^ I knew that was going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Just found this gem, beginning of the interview he talks about how he owes $$$$ to some bookie lol

Load Metric
    Wow, just wow...Lindgren I always thought was a straight shooter. Didn't seem to have major drug problems, always kept his composure, great poker player etc. I sincerely hope he pulls out of the hole he has dug for himself and moves forward. Life's tribulations are often blessings in disguise meant to keep us humble and bring us closer to God. I am definitely interested to see how this plays out.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    Just found this gem, beginning of the interview he talks about how he owes $$$$ to some bookie lol

I just watched the first part of the video, the part about the bookie. He says the bookie actually passed away so he kept the money and didn't pay the family. Not sure if he knew the family but this also says a little about his character as I remember a story about Ivey from years ago when Chip Reese passed away. Ivey owed Chip a large amount at the time of his death and Ivey gave the money to the family. The family said it was very nice and they never knew of the debt and that the amount was substantial.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erick_Lindgren

On 5th March 2012, it was revealed that Lindgren owes a substantial amount of money to high stakes fantasy sports bettors. Haralabos Voulgaris [9] revealed [10] that Lindgren's losses are out of control and has a number of people chasing debts, which as of this time, Lindgren is unable to pay. Lindgren was receiving a cheque from Full Tilt Poker every month which was spunked on gambling but when Black Friday [11] struck, Lindgren's debts were brought into the public domain.
    Daniel Negreanu rushed to Lindgren's defence [12] but it is agreed that their relationship compromises the validity of his opinion.
    Degens gonna degen. Gamblers gonna gamble.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erick_Lindgren

On 5th March 2012, it was revealed that Lindgren owes a substantial amount of money to high stakes fantasy sports bettors. Haralabos Voulgaris [9] revealed [10] that Lindgren's losses are out of control and has a number of people chasing debts, which as of this time, Lindgren is unable to pay. Lindgren was receiving a cheque from Full Tilt Poker every month which was spunked on gambling but when Black Friday [11] struck, Lindgren's debts were brought into the public domain.
    Daniel Negreanu rushed to Lindgren's defence [12] but it is agreed that their relationship compromises the validity of his opinion.
    Degens gonna degen. Gamblers gonna gamble.

also this from that wiki

Bibliography

World Poker Tour: Making the Final Table (2005) ISBN 006076306X
    How to degen lol (2012) Trololol.

Thread Information