Thread: Captain Marvel

Platinum
    Load Metric

Captain Marvel

Took the kid and his cousin to see this. Expectations were fairly high because the Marvel Universe has been on a pretty good run lately. Really enjoyed Infinity War and Thor: Ragnarok. But this was just pure cultural Marxist garbage. If one saw this movie in a vacuum and had no context of reality to put it into; the takeaway would be that all the best Air Force pilots are women, white males are evil, cartoonish buffoons, black males are only slightly better, and females are the far superior sex, both physically and mentally.

Like I said, some of the more recent Super Hero movies have done a pretty good job of having strong female characters without going full cultural Marxism. But whoever was the creative force behind this fiasco had a clear ideological axe to grind, and was used this film as a vehicle to do so.

Load Metric
    before i read one word of your review, i knew 100% what you would think about it

Comments

MumblesBadly: LOL!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Took the kid and his cousin to see this. Expectations were fairly high because the Marvel Universe has been on a pretty good run lately. Really enjoyed Infinity War and Thor: Ragnarok. But this was just pure cultural Marxist garbage. If one saw this movie in a vacuum and had no context of reality to put it into; the takeaway would be that all the best Air Force pilots are women, white males are evil, cartoonish buffoons, black males are only slightly better, and females are the far superior sex, both physically and mentally.

Like I said, some of the more recent Super Hero movies have done a pretty good job of having strong female characters without going full cultural Marxism. But whoever was the creative force behind this fiasco had a clear ideological axe to grind, and was used this film as a vehicle to do so.
    Not critiquing for review, but the correct term would be Marxist feminism. Leave Karl out of this.

Load Metric
    If one saw this movie in a vacuum and had no context of reality to put it into; the takeaway would be that all the best Air Force pilots are women, white males are evil, cartoonish buffoons, black males are only slightly better, and females are the far superior sex, both physically and mentally.
    And the super powers are real.

Load Metric
    Not much of a purest but it is miss marvel and partner black bolt and they live on the moon. Jack Kirby and Stan Lee are twisting in there graves.
    Politically correctness is destroyed everything now. Nothing is sacred anymore...
    Also miss marvel wears a super hot and tight outfit no padding nessary as she is essentially Superman with tits.

Edit: I by default assume Jack Kirby did the art work but I guess it was done by the amazing John Buscema a artistic genius IMO.
    Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 03-17-2019 at 10:32 AM.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    before i read one word of your review, i knew 100% what you would think about it
    Name:  wtb3.png
Views: 114
Size:  10.6 KB

Platinum
    Load Metric
    If Disney/Marvel wants to make SJW movies, I don't begrudge them that. Its a free market place. It is just not what I would choose to spend my money and time on. I don't really keep up with Comic Book zeitgeist. The last couple I saw were fine, so I was taken off guard with this one. Live and learn.

After The Last Jedi I am done with Star Wars films. As far as Endgame I'll do a little homework to see if it is overboard ideological garbage before deciding if I want to go and take my kid to it or not. I am assuming that Captain Marvel and Endgame have completely different creative teams, and Endgame will be more like Infinity Wars, which was fine, so optimistic.

Load Metric
    If Disney/Marvel wants to make SJW movies, I don't begrudge them that. Its a free market place. It is just not what I would choose to spend my money and time on. I don't really keep up with Comic Book zeitgeist. The last couple I saw were fine, so I was taken off guard with this one. Live and learn.

After The Last Jedi I am done with Star Wars films. As far as Endgame I'll do a little homework to see if it is overboard ideological garbage before deciding if I want to go and take my kid to it or not. I am assuming that Captain Marvel and Endgame have completely different creative teams, and Endgame will be more like Infinity Wars, which was fine, so optimistic.
    Did the kids like the movie? No offense, but I might be more inclined to favor their opinion.

Comments

gimmick:

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post

Did the kids like the movie? No offense, but I might be more inclined to favor their opinion.
    Honestly, that bar is so low it would be hard to imagine how bad a superhero/transformer movie would have to be in order for kids of that age to say they didn't like it. I am sure if I asked the kids if they liked the movie they would mindlessly say yes, but like I said that is an extremely low bar to clear. FWIW at the end of the movie I said I liked Aquaman better and both kids agreed with me Aquaman was better, but I have a feeling if I had said Captain Marvel was better, they would have agreed with that too. Basically, the takeaway point here is that kids are dumb, and have a capacity to be endlessly entertained by complete garbage, and honestly their opinions aren't worth much at all.

I will say that upon completion of watching the movie and the Endgame trailer at the end the kids immediately went into a discussion about Infinity War/Endgame without a single mention of the movie we had just seen, so take that for what it is worth.

Load Metric
    The average 80 year old male has a stronger grip strength than the average female of any age.

Biology LULZ

Thread Information