Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It’s past time for folks to wake up to the insane anti-Semitism of the conservative Christians who unquestioningly support the government of Israel

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Druff is wholly ignorant, or willfully so, of how much of the GOP are evangelicals who believe in the end times prophecies (about 2/3rds of them, or about 30% of the active voting public). And he also is not understanding the implication of American policy being unquestionably supportive of Israel’s right-wing government given the influence those evangelicals have on US policy.

Namely, as Israel’s rightwing government enables more of the West Bank to be “settled”, pushing more Palestinians of their land until the possibility of a viable Palestinian state there becomes moot, the greater the risk that Israel’s enemies will be willing to sacrifice whichever Palestinians are left there in a devastating attack on Israel. It may not happen within the next 10-20 years, but if the right-wingers are successful in pushing most of the Palestinians out of the West Bank in an effort to recreate a “Greater Israel” — which is their long-term goal — the greater the risk than some terrorists, or aligned nuclear power, will attack Israel with a nuclear weapon. And evangelical Christians may well see that as a pre-cursor to the Biblical end times and not object to thoroughly polarizing situation of a Palestinian-less West Bank.
    it would floor me if this number was accurate. i'm surprised there's that many religious people in the US period, much less evangelicals. where did you get this from?
    This Pew survey shows that about 25% of Americans are evangelicals.
    http://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/

But the rise of the political activism of evangelicals starting with the Moral Majority in the 80s, and coming to dominate the GOP by the time of the nomination of Geroge W. Bush in 2000 means that they are a much larger percentage of active voters than this “percentage of population” figure. It could be as high as 35%, but I chose to be conservative and only stated 30%. And because GOPers are about 40% of active voters, a 30% figure for evangelicals means that they are about 3/4ths of active GOP voters, but again I was conservarove and stated that they are only about 2/3rds of them.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 03-08-2019 at 05:13 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    BiBi!!! WE STAND TOGETHER

Comments

Muck Ficon: Another Jewlips post....
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    An Arkansas newspaper is fighting a state law that requires it to pledge loyalty—to Israel
    The Arkansas Times is suing the state over a law that requires state contractors requiring to pledge not to boycott Israel.

Comments

MumblesBadly: G-d bless the heart of the Bible Belt!

Load Metric
    I guess it’s how you personally define anti-Semite. Like does it require action or simply think you’re going to burn in Hell for being a Jew? How much do you care about the state of Israel?

Kind of reminds me of the exchange at the end of Schindler’s List.

Russian officer:
    You have been liberated by the Soviet army!

Itzhak Stern:
    Have you been in Poland?

Russian officer:
    I just came from Poland.

Itzhak Stern:
    Are there any Jews left?

Russian officer:
    Don't go east, that's for sure. They hate you there. I wouldn't go west either, if I were you.

It’s kind of lose/lose if you’re a Jew with both political parties. I mean you have tremendous wealth and influence, but lose/lose as far as true heartfelt compassion. I think the left is certainly more sympathetic to the people who want to end your existence.

While the majority of the right cares a lot about Israel, but they just want you to play your role in a biblical sense and either convert or burn.

So like that synagogue shooter is a rarity and a minuscule part of your party. It’s getting slightly larger. You have to notice most here who post shit hating Jews are voting your way, while those who have an issue with the state of Israel are voting left.

I don’t draw a big distinction. Any shit Christians do that annoy people on the left are on steroids in the Muslim population, so the embrace of the underdog Muslim isn’t on my menu of left causes. We’ve created a mess of shit over there, and that’s a problem, but I’m not standing with dogmatic Muslims either, and they’re far more dogmatic than Christians for the most part.

I might rather go with the people who think I’ll burn in Hell yet fiercely defend my right to exist until my eternal damnation over the people who might side with my enemies on this side of the pearly gates. I don’t find that unreasonable.

But here in the US, the number of people who feel like the people in that video far outnumber Jews period. It’s not some sliver. It’s mainstream Christianity to think you have a room reserved in the fiery pits of hell, but they have your back until then. Of course death to Israel is fairly mainstream Islam, so I’m not saying you picked the wrong side unless you care that your fellow Republicans largely think you damned.

Load Metric
    Name:  IMG_20190311_064629.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  79.2 KB

Comments

Mintjewlips: Lol, it's funny cause true....I think...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i haven't given any of this shit a second thought, and could careless. but any thread that receives multiple greens from donkeys means i should break out my first ever red.

only thing important to me is if there any passionate view that should be taken in order to get into brandeis.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    More insanity by Bible Belt evangicals, this time passing a law that is patently unconstititional with respect to freedom of speech.

Which prompts me to ask Druff after he warches this vid: Do you support such laws?
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

Starring Jason Caffey as The Democrats
    With Danny Schayes as AIPAC

Comments

MumblesBadly: Yeah, but Caffey was given a technical foul for hangin’ on the rim celebrating.

Load Metric
    The related issue of Christian Zionist nutjobbery: Islamaphobia. Take it away, Mr. Giraldi et. al....

Load Metric
    So.... Are you yet convinced of how evangelical Christians have duped countless well-meaning and aspirational Jewish folks to be Apocalyptic cannon fodder for the Christian Zionists’ biblical fever dream of Armageddon?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I might rather go with the people who think I’ll burn in Hell yet fiercely defend my right to exist until my eternal damnation over the people who might side with my enemies on this side of the pearly gates. I don’t find that unreasonable.
    I don’t think you understand what is at risk of occurring given the dogmaticly enthusiastic End Times prophecy-driven unconditional support that evangelical Christians give to the government of Israel, especially when it actively pushes to expand direct control of land in the West Bank by displacing Palestinians and expanding settlements. Because many such Christians are joyously longing for the cataclysmic war in “the Holy Land” that they believe is prophesized in The Book of Revelation.

In fact, one of my close relatives who fervently believes in that prophesy has even admitted to me that he is saddened and bewildered by fellow Evangelicals who want it to happen as soon as possible even though it would mean that their non-believing loved ones would die at that time and go to Hell.

So, why is this a risk? Because such Evangelics welcome increases in international tensions that could result in total war against Israel breaking out and killing millions of Jews there. And the sooner the better for their heaven-bound-with-Jesus aspirations. It may seem like madness to non-believers, but it really is true, and under the radar for folks who don’t understand that culture.

Towards a better understanding of that culture, watch this Vice report from 2014 that became available on YouTube last year.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    jesus christ, shut it down. nobody cares about your made up numbers. fuck off.

Comments

Tellafriend: solid
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Serious question: why do Americans equate being against the policies of the Israeli government with being anti-Semitic?
    Good question.

Because some of this has roots in left-wing anti-Semitism -- that Muslims are the innocent victims, and that Jews are the privileged oppressors.

For the last 2 decades, the American left has fed the public the narrative that only a tiny minority of Muslims are anti-Semitic and support terrorist actions. American Jews have been told, "Don't worry. The right has been trying to make it sound like Muslims hate you and want to kill you. They don't. They're just oppressing Muslims now like they have oppressed blacks, gays, and women."

Now Jews are starting to wake up to the fact that, yes, a lot more American Muslims hate them than the left wants to acknowledge. And Ilhan Omar is the embodiment of that.
    Guess who recently came to Ilhan Omar’s defense when a New York politician called her anti-Semitic?

Which prompts me to ask a question of Druff: If memory serves me right, you have mentioned that you believe God exists. Could you clarify which God you were referring to? The one per the Torah? Or the one per The New Testament?
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 04-14-2019 at 05:39 PM.

Diamond
    Load Metric

Good question.

Because some of this has roots in left-wing anti-Semitism -- that Muslims are the innocent victims, and that Jews are the privileged oppressors.

For the last 2 decades, the American left has fed the public the narrative that only a tiny minority of Muslims are anti-Semitic and support terrorist actions. American Jews have been told, "Don't worry. The right has been trying to make it sound like Muslims hate you and want to kill you. They don't. They're just oppressing Muslims now like they have oppressed blacks, gays, and women."

Now Jews are starting to wake up to the fact that, yes, a lot more American Muslims hate them than the left wants to acknowledge. And Ilhan Omar is the embodiment of that.
    Guess who recently came to Ilhan Omar’s defense when a New York politician called her anti-Semitic?

Which prompts me to ask a question of Druff: If memory serves me right, you have mentioned that you believe God exists. Could you clarify which God you were referring to? The one per the Torah? Or the one per The New Testament?

Allow OSA to clarify things.

These are the Neturei Karta. They don't believe Jews belong in Israel because the Messiah hasn't come back to allow them to live there. There are fewer than 300 and live in Upstate NY. Propoganda nonsense. Moron

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

These are the Neturei Karta. They don't believe Jews belong in Israel because the Messiah hasn't come back to allow them to live there. There are fewer than 300 and live in Upstate NY. Propoganda nonsense. Moron
    There are tens of thousands of Orthodox Jews in New York City separate from Neturei Karta who also are anti-Zionist.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

There are tens of thousands of Orthodox Jews in New York City separate from Neturei Karta who also are anti-Zionist.

From the website of the Orthodox group that organized this event:

https://www.truetorahjews.org/orthod...assau-coliseum

There was no classroom big enough, so they rented a stadium.

Masses of authentic Torah Jews are expected to fill the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum to capacity this Sunday at 4:00 PM to hear major rabbis lecture on the incompatibility of Judaism and Zionism.

The lectures will emphasize the differences between Judaism – a religion centered around belief and adherence to the precepts of the Torah – and Zionism, a militaristic political movement designed to transform Jewish identity from religious to national, centered around a land, language, and army.

Since the state of Israel was established in 1948, Zionists have touted it as the “Jewish state,” and arrogated to it the role of representative of world Jewry. Opponents of Israel are silenced by Zionists with the accusation that they are “anti-Semites,” and Israel's politicians are portrayed as leaders of world Jewry. Jewish opponents of Zionism have been branded “self-hating Jews,” and Israel has employed various means to coerce and convince Jews to identify with Israel as their state. Their methods of coercion include various forms of discrimination against the Orthodox anti-Zionist lifestyle. Most recently, media has attached religious significance to the move of the American embassy to Jerusalem.

This Sunday’s convention will be an important opportunity to hear the other side of the story, the position of Torah Jews on these subjects.

Besides their opposition to the ideology of Jewish nationalism, the lecturers will also explain the traditional Orthodox Jewish view that Jews are forbidden to wage war but must live among the nations of the world in peace and with utmost loyalty, and that we must resist and fight against the draft law with all means at our disposal.

Rabbi Yaakov Shapiro, noted lecturer and author on both Zionism and Judaism, says "Israel’s referring to itself as the Jewish state is a form of collective identity theft, since Jewishness is a purely religious identity, not political or national." He explains, "It is crucial for people to realize that Israel's identification as the Jewish state is a unilateral claim of Zionism. Judaism says the Jewish people are members of a religion and have no state except those in which they reside." Rabbi Shapiro will be available during the event to answer questions for the press and other interested parties.
    And the more I read up on this subject, the legitimacy of this meme that I ran across a few years ago makes so much sense:

Name:  C0DA0148-C4D7-444D-86D4-4154476ADB83.jpeg
Views: 229
Size:  38.9 KB

Load Metric
    I have to say... Until recently, I was unaware of how many Orthodox Jews were anti-Zionist. The Hasidic group that the Rabbi Yaakov Shapiro mentioned in the previous post is a member of, Satmar, apparently numbers about 60,000 to 100,000. I knew that Zionism was not originally acceptable to Orthodox Jews when it was being promoted by the atheist/secular Jews who championed it before Israel was founded, but I was under the impression that Zionism was now generally accepted by most religious Jews, and including the most religious ones these days. Just goes to show that one must never stop trying to learn what is true versus what is passed along as common knowledge or gleened from the mainstream media.

Granted, even counting the total number apparently represented by the Central Rabbinical Congress , which hosted that rabbi speaking against Zionism, which might be as many as 250,000, these numbers are still a substantial minority of all religious Jews when considering the many pro-Zionist Orthodox, Conservative, and Reform Judaism, among the larger groups.

Nevertheless, the anti-Zionist Jews do seem to have a traditional religious outlook on the matter. And when considering how the level of anti-Semitic violence outside of Israel rises in response to aggressive actions by the government of Israel, there is a logic to their argument that Zionism imposes an unfair burden on the traditional Orthodox who are more easily identifiable as Jews versus secular or less traditional religious Jews. And that speaks to their vocal concern that the state of Israel doesn’t represent them, nor the peaceful religion they ‘inherited’ from their forebears.

Load Metric
    The more I drill down into the history of Zionism, the more I am convinced that it is an ideology promoted by Christians that was meant in part to turn non-Christians, namely Muslims, against the Jews, with the end goal of precipitating an armed conflagration in the Middle East as predicted in the Book of Revelation.

Before the Zionist movement encouraged Jews to move to Palestine and proclaim their intent take over the land, Jews in Muslim-controlled lands tended to live in peace with each other, in large part because their religions were much closer in matters of faith and ritual than Judaism with Christianity. And unlike in the millenial-long Christian mindset, Muslims did not look upon Jews as the historical “Christ killers”.

And I speak from personal experience growing up Roman Catholic that the nuns in Catholic school, as well as my own Catholic priest uncle, taught us that “the Jews killed Christ”. Hell! The older Jewish woman I dated in my 20s who grew up in Manhattan next to an Irish Catholic neighborhood told me of how she was at times chased through the streets on her way to and from school by rock-throwing Irish kids yelling “Christ killer!”

And now because of Zionist having convinced millions of Jews to move to the Holy Land and push the resident Arabs off of their land to form a political state based on a multi-millenial old claim to the land, we now have Muslim kids — and adults — prodded by anger and resentment over being pushed off the land, taking up stones — and more — against Jews living there. So, so tragic and sad!

To get an understanding of how Islam and Judaism are much closer to each other than Judaism is to Christianity, as well as learn a little about the pre-Zionist relationship between Jews and Muslims in Muslim countries, listen to the interview of Rabbi

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Wow mumbles FPS much??? Why u in here talking about the Jews by yourself

Thread Information