Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Druff & Friends Show Thread for 01/24/2019 *** 8:45pm PST START TIME ** $230+40 FREEROLL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Usually when I see the left criticizing their own party, it's from an even further left wing point of view. "Hillary Clinton is a corporate shill" is the type of thing I'd read. But rarely would I read, "Hillary Clinton is shady and dishonest, and many of the accusations against her probably have at least some merit" -- at least not after she won the primary. Why? Because it's safe to say that Hillary is Republican-lite, because she's still preferable to fellow Democrats than an actual Republican. But calling her character into question could push some Democrats to vote for the Repubilcan, so they feel they absolutely can't do that.

Druff, “corporate shill” is another way of saying “corrupt”. And a LOT of Dems who voted in the primaries for Bernie Sanders vocally expressed their opinion that Hillary was corrupt and shady. And many were upset that Bernie verbally supported her after she was nominated.

A big reason for all of this is because of the way the two parties view one another.

Republicans think Democrats are wrong.

Democrats think Republicans are evil.

WRONG! Conservative Christians like one of my brothers has repeatedly said that he felt that Obama was “evil” for his support of abortion rights. And another non-Christian Republican relative expressed vehemently that she thought that Hillary was also “evil”. I can understand first reaction given his religiosity, but I was floored when I heard the second given the second’s lack of religiousness.

Seriously, you seem woefully out of touch/in denial at how much conservative Christians demonize Democrats, and way beyond just being “wrong”.

When you think something is evil, it brings out far more emotions and a need to defeat the other side than simply thinking the other side is wrong or makes bad political decisions.

Many Democrats now think this country is in a fight for its life against evil forces (the Repulicans, especially Trump), and that the violent/dishonest/manipulative ends often justify the means. Why? Because defeating pure evil is always top priority.

This is now why we see such extremism in the media to attack Trump in a hyper-biased fashion, even though he does plenty wrong to where he could easily be effectively attacked in an UNBIASED fashion!

My sense is that a number of Dems are now “taking off the gloves” and embracing the deceptive and manipulative practices that Fox News and right-wing online outlets like Breitbart have used for at least a decade. And the completely surprising-to-many outcome of a pathological liar and serial con man like Trump winning the presidency no doubt shocked many into thinking that the truth doesn’t matter if it’s going to result in losing key elections

When Trump talks about the mainstream media being "fake news", he's half right. No, they're not always fake news or biased when they are reporting on legitimate wrongdoing on his part. However, they also spend a lot of time smearing him unfairly, which has made a lot of middle-of-the-road voters tune them out and validate Trumps's "fake news" claim.

Please provide a detailed list of the times the mainstream media had unfairly smeared Trump since he was elected? My guess that you can’t identify more than a handful of times, and would certainly be far less than the number of times that Fox News tried to smear Obama.

That, in fact, was the whole point of the Atlantic article you posted.

Comments

MrTickle: Excellent post

sah_24: Counter rep
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Druff, you need to stop relying upon left-wing liberal-biased rags like The Atlantic for your editorials.

The Media Botched the Covington Catholic Story
    And the damage to their credibility will be lasting.
    JAN 23, 2019

Caitlin Flanagan
    Contributing writer at The Atlantic and author of Girl Land
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...-story/581035/
    It should speak well for me that my right-wing editorial was also echoed by certain sources on the left.

BTW I have the utmost respect for those on the left who can admit when their side fucked up. That's getting increasingly rare these days.
    The problem with the right, and I'm pretty staunch Repub, is they don't have one mainstream commentator who is likable imo. None. Rush would be the closest if he didn't have the largest ego in the business. He will play any and all media clips that have his name in them. That's balls showing material to me. Mark Levin is great, except he's the whiniest most negative fuck on the air these days. Michael Savage is Michael Savage. What can you really say about that clown. Hannity has never had an original thought come out of his mouth ever. He's Trump's puppet. Coulter is the worst of the bunch. I dislike her as much as I hat Maddow and Lemon. Every time I listen to Ben Shapiro I get an immediate urge to punch him in the face. Dan Bongino is perhaps the dumbest guy I've ever heard on air. That's all I got. I'm sure there's others, like Crowder, but if they aren't on the air mainstream at least semi regularly I'm not counting them. The voices on the right flat out suck right now. Doesn't change my politics but I've been listening a hell of a lot less lately. And I haven't watched any news in close to a year including Fox. Just over it already.

Load Metric
    Nice show Druff and Trader. I'll admit I've been enjoying and looking forward to recent shows. Khalfag comes back and I'm gone unfortunately. I know it's only a matter of time but I have better things to do than listen to clown boy make everyone uncomfortable by spewing his bs about sucking cock as a grown man or whatever the hell he talks about now. F that pud.

Load Metric
    It’s been several shows since Druff’s cock has been discussed. I was never able to share Khalwat’s fascination.

Thread Information