Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gardnerville, Nevada murders

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    How about you just tell us your source on all the statistics you just mentioned. I suspect you're literally just pulling them out of your ass.

The chart Mr. Tickles posted isn't idiotic or skewed. It's the population of Texas. Not just 100,000 people like split seems to think.

Are we really having a "charts and statistics are stupid let me just tell you the truth without any data to back it up" argument?
    Which statements did I make which you doubt?

Load Metric
    Are we really in a world where you can just make statements without any evidence, and can just brush aside someone who uses actual facts and figures? This is 2019, we have the internet and access to mass data. Your personal thoughts and feelings are wrong if they contradict the data. It's just the truth. It's just a poker player making a bad call cos he has a "feeling".

Comments

sah_24: no bc you use skewed false data ... so it's not like poker at all

gimmick:

cleatus:

Load Metric
    How about you just tell us your source on all the statistics you just mentioned. I suspect you're literally just pulling them out of your ass.

The chart Mr. Tickles posted isn't idiotic or skewed. It's the population of Texas. Not just 100,000 people like split seems to think.

Are we really having a "charts and statistics are stupid let me just tell you the truth without any data to back it up" argument?
    I simplified the numbers to make a point about how stupid those results are. Apparently those who cannot see how wrong the graph is also cannot see many things.

Comments

sah_24: ding ding ding ...
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    I simplified the numbers to make a point about how stupid those results are. Apparently those who cannot see how wrong the graph is also cannot see many things.
    Each bar is per 100k, not each graph. Try again. Did you pass math class? If each graph was per 100k then you'd be right, but that would be a very dishonest way of doing the graph.

Here is raw data:

Natives were convicted of 409,708 crimes, illegal immigrants were convicted of 15,803 crimes, and legal immigrants were convicted of 17,785 crimes in Texas in 2015. Thus, there were 1,797 criminal convictions of natives for every 100,000 natives, 899 criminal convictions of illegal immigrants for every 100,000 illegal immigrants, and 611 criminal convictions of legal immigrants for every 100,000 legal immigrants (Figure 1). As a percentage of their respective populations, there were 50 percent fewer criminal convictions of illegal immigrants than of native-born Americans in Texas in 2015. The criminal conviction rate for legal immigrants was about 66 percent below the native-born rate.

So it's not skewed at all.

Go back to school.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Which statements did I make which you doubt?
    My main issue is with you implying that you agree with Splits idiotic take on the graph/just dismissing the graph bc it's a graph.

The stats you threw out may or may not be true, I don't know bc you provided no source. This one seems the least likely to be accurate:

If you take out the illegal immigrants over 35 (the ones who mostly come here to work, and not to commit crimes), suddenly the crime rate skews WAY up, and much more than it does for the non-illegal population.
    I would be very interested to see the crime data behind illegal immigrants under 35 vs legal residents under 35. Is there any evidence that an illegal immigrant under 35 is more likely to commit a crime than a US citizen under 35?? (I realize that's not exactly what you are claiming) Perhaps the numbers are much closer than ageless numbers...but it would be interesting to see them.

Load Metric
    Have some more graphs. Hope you can read them

Name:  Screenshot 2019-01-22 at 01.40.50.png
Views: 263
Size:  342.1 KB
    Name:  Screenshot 2019-01-22 at 01.40.55.png
Views: 243
Size:  233.8 KB
    Name:  Screenshot 2019-01-22 at 01.40.33.png
Views: 264
Size:  149.7 KB
    Name:  Screenshot 2019-01-22 at 01.40.44.png
Views: 268
Size:  174.4 KB

Load Metric
    You just proved more need for the wall. Your graphs are bs.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
    Interesting chart and statistics, that is, until such crime affects your family.

I'm guessing that once you or your family becomes a victim of someone who should never have been in this Country, the rationale that anyone can be a victim anywhere at any time probably moves the chart and stats into the strawman containment thread.
    Can't stress how great this post is. And so so true.

Load Metric
    If you dont immigrate through the proper channels, you are AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT.

IL-LEGAL.

GRAPH THAT SUCKAS.

Comments

duped_samaritan: see above graphs

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Can't stress how great this post is. And so so true.
    Could use the exact same argument for parents who have had their kids gunned down in Math class and want stricter gun laws.

Load Metric
    Could use the exact same argument for parents who have had their kids gunned down in Math class and want stricter gun laws.
    It's very true. Can't really blame them and I'm on the other side on these issues.

Load Metric
    I'm not even against immigration. I'm against unvetted, illegal immigration. Come through the front door and have a great life. These illegals who are here now. I couldn't care less if they stay. Just vet the fuckers. Make sure they have no criminal records, pay their own way and aren't terrorists.

Comments

Jayjami: Pooh for president.

Load Metric
    How bout some more skewed logic. Maybe if the govment would quit supporting babymamas having multiple children from multiple babydaddies, then illegal immigration will decrease.

Comments

sah_24: ding ding ding another winner ...

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Listen geniuses, all legal citizens should get the fuck out, lets fill the country with illegals so our crime rate will be lower.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Dat shit be racist and shit

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    I'm not even against immigration. I'm against unvetted, illegal immigration. Come through the front door and have a great life. These illegals who are here now. I couldn't care less if they stay. Just vet the fuckers. Make sure they have no criminal records, pay their own way and aren't terrorists.

Pay their own way..... lullz

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Listen geniuses, all legal citizens should get the fuck out, lets fill the country with illegals so our crime rate will be lower.
    sad to see you fell off the wagon

Load Metric
    The graph is BS in other ways, too.

If you take out the illegal immigrants over 35 (the ones who mostly come here to work, and not to commit crimes), suddenly the crime rate skews WAY up, and much more than it does for the non-illegal population.

Additionally, if you take the children of illegal immigrants born legally in the US (grouped with "Native population" in that graph), you'll see they commit significantly more crime than their illegal parents (even if viewed through their entire lifetime). This is, again, because the parents come here to work and support their families (and aren't likely to commit crimes), but the kids are a different story and are notoriously violent. Many of the roughest Hispanic neighborhoods in the US see crime mostly committed by the US-born children and grandchildren of illegal immigrants.

Always read these graphs, statistics, and charts with caution, as the "researchers" often have a political point to prove, and can group the data in a way which falls favorably to their ideology.

I blame this shit all on this guy and that bs movie.

Load Metric
    Lake Tahoe area relatively scenic?

You don't say.

Gold
    Load Metric
    The graph is BS in other ways, too.

Additionally, if you take the children of illegal immigrants born legally in the US (grouped with "Native population" in that graph), you'll see they commit significantly more crime than their illegal parents (even if viewed through their entire lifetime). This is, again, because the parents come here to work and support their families (and aren't likely to commit crimes), but the kids are a different story and are notoriously violent. Many of the roughest Hispanic neighborhoods in the US see crime mostly committed by the US-born children and grandchildren of illegal immigrants.

Always read these graphs, statistics, and charts with caution, as the "researchers" often have a political point to prove, and can group the data in a way which falls favorably to their ideology.
    It actually isn't skewed. You want it skewed, but it is not. I'd like to see the source of your claims at least.

Thread Information