Thread: BetOnline: Fraud Allegations Surface

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

BetOnline: Fraud Allegations Surface

Cliffs......

1. Employee Tampering and Hacking of user accounts
    2. Players reporting accounts being drained of cash
    3. Client keeps going offline, new users cannot access their accounts.

Article: http://www.4flush.com/online-poker-n...s-surface/9965

Load Metric
    Recently got a 10k cashout from here. A buddy had $500 on his account, and I was at his house watching him play and saw that the games were as soft as I've seen since party poker so I figured I'd play on his account. Ran that up to 10k in two or 3 weeks. After I had run it up I looked up the reviews and it looked like there was no way I was going to get paid. I talked to a few affiliate buddies and they told me they figured there was maybe 15% chance I was getting paid. My buddy was on the phone arguing with them for hours every other night so that probably helped. I told him if I actually got paid I'd give him $1000 so that gave him motivation. The people I know that are in the know were amazed that I actually got paid by them. Some things I've heard about them........

1. They are retards that know nothing about gambling but just decided to get a license because it would be profitable. So one guy ran a small deposit up to $60k and they confiscated his funds because they claimed he was cheating. They have no proof that he was cheating but in their minds if you run a small ($500-$1000ish maybe?) deposit up to $60k you have to have been cheating.
    2. One guy had 30k on his account and when he logged in one day it was all gone. They told him he had bet it all on a sports game and lost it.
    3. They lie about the netork they are on. They claimed they were on the cake network, the network said no they aren't. Some people think they lie about the network they are on because the network they are on doesn't allow americans.
    4. They were arguing vehemently with my buddy that no americans should be playing on the network. And he was telling them "I am watching a table right now and see a bunch of americans playing." They weren't buying it.
    5. They like sports bettors more than poker players. Possibly why I got paid. Along with poker I was making some decent sized sports bets.

Conclusion: This site is shady as they, and has been known for being shady for a long time. Don't play there.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    We will talk about this on radio tonight.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    FWIW their main affiliate manager contacted me on Skype to rip into me for writing this article without going to him directly first. The only thing he told me that BetOnline has done is fix their software problems and fixed player transfer problems; however, he did not deny or acknowledge the other claims made in my story, the sources I quoted and the threads I linked to.

He acted like a child and told me to get my facts straight and to go to him first before I go ranting off. I tried engaging in an adult conversation with him and he just kept blowing up at me. I then told him I would gladly retract and update parts of my article if he could show me that BetOnline didn't like to reward winners -- that big winners were regarded as cheats -- and that customer service didn't have access to player accounts and passwords.....

Long story short. He couldn't. And that was that.

That's why the article stands as is (minus a few updates I put in since the article went live) and why I will continue to follow up with BetOnline horror stories and hopefully get the word out even more about just how rogue of an operation they are and that if you win too big or too fast there you're NOT getting paid...plain and simple. If anyone else has anything to share I would be glad to document it and use it for future updates on BetOnline and their poker skin.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The PINO View Post
    FWIW their main affiliate manager contacted me on Skype to rip into me for writing this article without going to him directly first. The only thing he told me that BetOnline has done is fix their software problems and fixed player transfer problems; however, he did not deny or acknowledge the other claims made in my story, the sources I quoted and the threads I linked to.

He acted like a child and told me to get my facts straight and to go to him first before I go ranting off. I tried engaging in an adult conversation with him and he just kept blowing up at me. I then told him I would gladly retract and update parts of my article if he could show me that BetOnline didn't like to reward winners -- that big winners were regarded as cheats -- and that customer service didn't have access to player accounts and passwords.....

Long story short. He couldn't. And that was that.

That's why the article stands as is (minus a few updates I put in since the article went live) and why I will continue to follow up with BetOnline horror stories and hopefully get the word out even more about just how rogue of an operation they are and that if you win too big or too fast there you're NOT getting paid...plain and simple. If anyone else has anything to share I would be glad to document it and use it for future updates on BetOnline and their poker skin.
    This is so typical of operators of shady gambling sites.

Remember how outraged UB's reps acted when anyone dared claim they were intentionally holding back hand histories, or that it was still owned by the same cheaters?

Until BetOnline can prove you wrong (which I'm sure they can't), you are doing the right thing by letting the facts shine through.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    In addition to the shadiness...the software is horrible, i think i played one or two freerolls then snap-uninstalled!

Thread Information