Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Sinclair Method.....Naltrexone

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The Sinclair Method.....Naltrexone

Yeah so the tapering off alcohol hasn't been going that well. I am one day sober but just now I watched
    a Ted Talk from someone with AUD, alcohol use disorder, ha ha, and she claims the opiate blocker Naltrexone
    has a 78% effectiveness rate in treating boozers.

It simply blocks the endorphins alcohol normally releases making that second drink useless.

I'm intrigued

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Yeah so the tapering off alcohol hasn't been going that well. I am one day sober but just now I watched
    a Ted Talk from someone with AUD, alcohol use disorder, ha ha, and she claims the opiate blocker Naltrexone
    has a 78% effectiveness rate in treating boozers.

It simply blocks the endorphins alcohol normally releases making that second drink useless.

I'm intrigued
    Hope you are successful. It is worth it.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    I knew a chick that had a drunk stepmother. They court ordered her to what is called a vivitrol shot, which is naltrexone, and she quit. Basically because alcohol didn’t work. It didn’t take away the urge at first, it took away the effect, which made it fuck it, why bother?

Load Metric
    Wait a minute. So I could down 10 pints before necking a shot of that, and be sober again?

Because that would be mighty fucking handy on a big night out.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Wait a minute. So I could down 10 pints before necking a shot of that, and be sober again?

It takes away the *good* feeling that comes from booze hitting your system, *not* the pain and suffering from your body dealing with all of the toxins that build up in your brain and body afterwards.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

It takes away the *good* feeling that comes from booze hitting your system, *not* the pain and suffering from your body dealing with all of the toxins that build up in your brain and body afterwards.

Not trying to cheat a hangover. Asking if it would get my head somewhat straighter if I've drank too much, which is what generally happens to me on a night out.

Not as much these days, but all my life I've turned to coke to try get back on a level when half cut. An alternative to that would be amazing.

A quick search even tells me the drug is available in the UK too.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Not trying to cheat a hangover. Asking if it would get my head somewhat straighter if I've drank too much, which is what generally happens to me on a night out.

Not as much these days, but all my life I've turned to coke to try get back on a level when half cut. An alternative to that would be amazing.

A quick search even tells me the drug is available in the UK too.
    ha ha no dude it turns a Guiness into spring water. No effect. Brain gives up on it.

Load Metric
    Bet it doesn't turn those vile Guinness farts into roses tho.

Load Metric
    I know a guy who quit this way. I think the challenge with this method is that it doesn't treat the underlying cause of the problem. If you use with CBT and a 12 step program for maintenance there's a good chance for success though. Good luck. It's hard no matter which route you go.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Yes sir

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Day one. Got my Naltrexone prescription. Normally a day off for drinking but the Sinclair system says go ahead and drink each day but take the little pill one hour prior.
    Did so, drinking earlier in the day than normal, and I would say there was less effect from the first three beer than normal.
    Pressed on and finished 7 with a healthy buzz. Onward, another six pack ahead and damn the bullocks.
    Have a 7 a.m. heart stress test tomorrow, should be interesting
    Marathoning Trailer Park Boys.....may not be helping

Load Metric
    I hope you will consider some form of counseling, it sounds like you are gonna try and prove that med wrong, ie purposely trying to harm yourself.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    You are wrong about how naltrexone works. But good luck figuring that out the hard way.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    At least les is trying to get his drinking under control. We've seen for the past decade or so that he really needs to do so.

I don't know how old he is, but I think he's older than me, and obviously at this age you have to stop fucking around or you're going to die early.

The problem with all of these "miracle solutions" to dependency and/or psychiatric disorders is that they don't work for everyone. The brain is incredibly complicated, and differs greatly from person to person. So what worked great for someone you know might be a complete failure for you.

Les if you do try to do this, make sure it's under a doctor's close supervision, and make sure the doctor has a good reputation. One nice thing about this time we live in is the access to information. If a doctor is a quack, incompetent, or reckless, you can usually figure it out after enough searching. The downside to this is that sometimes you get too much information and scare yourself off from the proper doctors/treatment, but more info is always better than less info.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    I know a guy who quit this way. I think the challenge with this method is that it doesn't treat the underlying cause of the problem. If you use with CBT and a 12 step program for maintenance there's a good chance for success though. Good luck. It's hard no matter which route you go.
    This is exactly correct. Booze often isn't the problem it's the solution. Unless the underlying issues are addressed the chances for long term success are likely less than average.

Speaking from experience.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Day 2

I did force the issue last night cause I wanted to see what it had in it.
    I did get drunk but it felt different this morning. No cravings at all today but they say you have repeat the process
    to essentially retrain the brain so I had a few beers left and am on my second. That's something right there. I drink fast.
    One, two and three, are gone quickly. I'm sipping these and I don't really fell much from it and will not
    be continuing.

Besides I landed an 8 ball and will be tying into that.

Comments

Username: well......?

Load Metric
    I am pretty sure they don't tell you to fire down blow as you wean off alcohol on naltrexone.

Comments

limitles: got a couple

Load Metric
    Day 2

I did get drunk but it felt different this morning. No cravings at all today but they say you have repeat the process
    to essentially retrain the brain so I had a few beers left and am on my second. That's something right there. I drink fast.
    One, two and three, are gone quickly. I'm sipping these and I don't really fell much from it and will not
    be continuing.

You are full of shit. Google how naltrexone works and how it is administered.

Name:  limitless2.png
Views: 181
Size:  32.5 KB

Load Metric
    hey guys remember that time that 2/3rds of todgers website wasnt alcoholics who would be capabable of faking cancer and or sadly british or canadian

Comments

Tellafriend: very fair

Load Metric
    i dont want to say open arms but open arms for skatz draftkings we like golf we like baseball you sloppy losers come to us and well make it work

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Day 2

be continuing.

You are full of shit. Google how naltrexone works and how it is administered.

Name:  limitless2.png
Views: 181
Size:  32.5 KB
    No need to Google anything. Got my prescription, got my orders and doing well.
    Sask 22 Toronto 11 first half

Thread Information