Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bug Report Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Bug Report Thread

Please report bugs here!

Known bugs right now:

Editor cursor seems to "jump" at times, especially when using the boldface option.

Please post other bugs or poorly-implemented interface issues, and I'll see what I can do about them.

Load Metric
    Replying to thread is a little confusing. It seems like the only option is to reply with quote and if you hit Reply to Thread it makes it look like you are starting an entire new thread by adding the Title bar on top of the reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    Replying to thread is a little confusing. It seems like the only option is to reply with quote and if you hit Reply to Thread it makes it look like you are starting an entire new thread by adding the Title bar on top of the reply.
    Noticed the same thing. I will work on fixing this.

There was actually a Quick Reply feature, but I disabled it. The new vBulletin Quick Reply is terrible, and they tried too hard to force everyone to use it, making it counter-intuitive to do the regular reply.

I will definitely be getting rid of the confusing "Title" bar, as well as putting an option up to reply without quote.

Strangely enough, I found this exact situation on another vBulletin forum I post on, and always hated it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Another bug: Picture attachment interface doesn't seem to work right.

Looks like this new version of vBulletin tries to do some really cool things but ends up being buggy and awkward with some of them.

I'll try to get this one sorted out, as well.

Load Metric
    Question. I would like to change my title from "N00b" to "Mad Hatter" how do I go about doing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah that title is kind of bad considering we are only n00bs since the site forum just came up but a majority of the community aren't n00bs among each other.

Banned
    Load Metric
    When I uploaded my avatar pic and tried to save it the site kept telling me 'Upload Failed'. I knew my avatar dimensions and file size were correct but I kept repeating the upload because of 'fail' notice.

Only later, after posting, did I realize my avatar upload was successful. So a little bug, at least for me because when I uploaded my avatar the site said 'fail' when in fact it was successful.

Load Metric
    Size limitation of file attachments (even if you're linking to another site's URL like in the custom meme thread). What's that about?

EDIT: N/m seems ok now when linking gifs.

& yeah I agree with Boosty, too many noobs around here. "1 Hit Wonder" :mikeitso
    Last edited by rickastley; 03-04-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Load Metric
    I think this is a bug

when you make a post in the Bathroom wall and you check the "post anonymously" box..... but you hit the "Preview" option.... it unchecks the "post anonymously" box

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by XteraveX View Post
    I think this is a bug

when you make a post in the Bathroom wall and you check the "post anonymously" box..... but you hit the "Preview" option.... it unchecks the "post anonymously" box
    Oh, that is a problem.

I'll look into that soon.

Load Metric
    this was weird....

i was making a brand new thread in the Bathroom Wall forum when all of a sudden half my post disappeared (this was at 11am est...before chat was enabled) i hit auto-save feature...... and i keep typing away everything seems okay .....but.... next thing i do is look up and i'm in the "Coolio Robbery" thread (LOL) and my original thread is completely gone.

weird.

however, i have a Toshiba laptop and i'm wondering if some of that could be on my end???? it's 3 yrs old and if i press too hard on the palm area --the cursor will occasionally jump...at least i think pressing hard is causing the cursor to make it jump.

-- but it's never done anything like that before in any forum i've ever posted in on the net.....that was a first ever.

screw it --- i'm getting a new laptop within a month or 2 ---- 17 inch i think..... not a fan of Toshiba products..... old VCRs (trouble) etc

Load Metric
    Was trying to post a pic in the albums last night and it kept doing a server error, so I uploaded it somewhere else, clicked on the Insert Image button, put the URL in and checked the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box. This is what I got:

This was the post and pic, if it matters: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...ull=1#post1891 The box didn't give me the ability to copy/paste the text, nor could I resize the error box, so screenshot was the best I could do.

---

This may not be a bug really, but it's somewhat notable enough. When someone posts something anonymous, you click submit, and like a normal thread, you get returned to the thread and your post. Anyone who opens the thread fast enough can see who's viewing the thread, so at times, it's very simple to see who made the anonymous post if you catch it quickly enough. For example, last night I could have told you at least one guaranteed post by XteraveX in the Bathroom Wall forum that he made anonymously simply because the post had just been made I was the first viewer in the same minute, and he was already looking at the post. While I didn't know 100% it was his, it was quite likely that it was.

Load Metric
    I noticed that the time is different for guests and those logged in. When your logged in it displays the correct time for posts when your viewing as a guest it shows an hour ahead for posts.

Load Metric
    On the forums list page, the Last Post column is incorrect. It shows a post that was made, but by no means the most recent.
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I think this is a bug

Oh, that is a problem.

I'll look into that soon.
    This is now fixed.

Load Metric
    Not sure if this has been mentioned:

When I visit the site as a lurker, read some threads and then decide to log in, I get the following error: "Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.pokerfraudalert.com/forum/)."

But then I click off of that screen and I seem to be logged in just fine. Not sure why that error is popping up! (this happened 3x, by the way)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwich View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned:

When I visit the site as a lurker, read some threads and then decide to log in, I get the following error: "Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.pokerfraudalert.com/forum/)."

But then I click off of that screen and I seem to be logged in just fine. Not sure why that error is popping up! (this happened 3x, by the way)
    I think I fixed it. Let me know if this is still happening.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Adding a smiley using the smiley button fills the screen with only one or pics, and there is no close or cancel option.

Adding a smiley using the "more" button only shows half the thumbnails.

Last edited by Belly Buster; 03-26-2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: typo

Load Metric
    this was weird....

i was making a brand new thread in the Bathroom Wall forum when all of a sudden half my post disappeared (this was at 11am est...before chat was enabled) i hit auto-save feature...... and i keep typing away everything seems okay .....but.... next thing i do is look up and i'm in the "Coolio Robbery" thread (LOL) and my original thread is completely gone.

weird.

however, i have a Toshiba laptop and i'm wondering if some of that could be on my end???? it's 3 yrs old and if i press too hard on the palm area --the cursor will occasionally jump...at least i think pressing hard is causing the cursor to make it jump.

-- but it's never done anything like that before in any forum i've ever posted in on the net.....that was a first ever.

screw it --- i'm getting a new laptop within a month or 2 ---- 17 inch i think..... not a fan of Toshiba products..... old VCRs (trouble) etc

it just happened again..... i was typing out a long response to a thread in the Bathroom Wall forum when i lost 95% of my post..... i hit the auto save feature and it brought me to someone else post in the thread, I was unable to recover all that i had written.

this only seems to happen in the Bathroom Wall forum unless it's just a coincidence.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    this was weird....

weird.

it just happened again..... i was typing out a long response to a thread in the Bathroom Wall forum when i lost 95% of my post..... i hit the auto save feature and it brought me to someone else post in the thread, I was unable to recover all that i had written.

this only seems to happen in the Bathroom Wall forum unless it's just a coincidence.
    Were you posting anonymously? That might be the reason.

Thread Information