It's come to my attention that more and more people are buying Twitter followers from internet companies to boost their own ego and reputation.

Unfortunately this is becoming more and more prevalent in the poker community.

Daniel Negraneau used to call people out on this, but I wonder how others view this.

Poker's champion narcissist, @ADZIZZY, has now decided that his ego needs to be stroked even more than usual, and hope that none of his followers are smart enough to see through the b.s.

Here are a few tweets from yesterday...

@Adzizzy
I just woke up to 4500 new follower requests, a random girl, and a bad stomach ache. Well... I don't know... #dizzyzizzy

@Adzizzy
It is physically impossible for me to sit here and click accept on all these requests. Well maybe not, but it would take me hours. Wtf?

‏@Adzizzy
Tonight/this morning was insane. #orangecounty #5000followerrequests #vegasartistbid

While Matt is certainly not the only person in poker to do this, I am curious as to what you think about this.

Is this ethical/ridiculous/narcissistic or no big deal at all?

He is clearly bragging about followers that are BOTS, not real people, with FAKE accounts that are purchased on the internet, for his gratification of his massive ego.

I know his account is "private", but for those that have access, you can clearly see thousands of these FAKE follower accounts once you click on them.

FWIW, he had roughly 1,100 followers 3 months ago, according to twitter.

He'll have 10,000 as soon as he accepts the new ones when he gets around to them.

For a guy who has shown little respect for others, ironically on twitter, it amazes me that he wants respect for something that is clearly a fraud.

Any thoughts????