Page 120 of 144 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 2869

Thread: ELON MUSK IS GOD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Yeah the Dems kinda screwed this up from a PR perspective.

All they had to do was put forth a version which appeared more little-guy friendly (even if it would hurt everyone long term), and they could get election mileage out of it.

Instead, they stuffed a lot of crap into their version, and made it look like they were exploiting the emergency bill in order to sneak pet project laws into place. Pretty much wrote the Republican attack ads we'll eventually see.

But none of this will matter much if the coronavirus situation drags for many months. Trump will take the fall for that.
    I think you two may be missing the point. Pelosi and the house bill is Off the table. The only other thing out there is that 6T proposal from Kudlow/Trump that was talked about to muddle the real story. The reality is this. The only bill that is up for debate is the original GOP bill with an independent committee as to who gets the 500B of loans. The only
    Other thing the democrats want is mail in votes.

They are going to repeat that over and over again starting tomorrow morning. “We are ready to pass the GOP senate bill..... all we want is the guarantee everyone gets to vote by accepting mail in ballots in every state....... why do you hate democracy GOP and why are YOU holding up the bill”

It’s going to be said over and over again and they won’t be able to turn the table on this.

It’s bold cotton, let’s see how it works out for them.
    The 6T bill is the GOP bill. 4T in liquidity that’s already happened and then the 2T bill that we are waiting on.

I stayed up late last night and watched Schumer and McConnell come back to the Senate floor and speak. 100% Democrats were trying to add components and ear marks from what House proposed to the Senate bill.

It seems like most of that nonsense didn’t get added because Republicans held the line and said they were willing to go to the people over the failed bill.

They talked last night that the extra $600 a week might be tied to furloughing workers instead of laying them off and that might come with conditions.

They also said the $350 billion for small businesses may end up being forgivable loans if certain criteria are met.
    No collateral required on the loans.

Some other interesting tidbits as well, Schumer said they were on the 2 yard line and they started the day on the 5.

Load Metric
    The last 2-3 days will be a chapter in the Michael Lewis book on Corona when it’s published and a major part of the movie.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    They also said the $350 billion for small businesses may end up being forgivable loans if certain criteria are met.
    No collateral required on the loans.
    This is what is most infuriating to me. A loan to a distress, and worthwhile business is one thing --even with great terms, but fuck these giveaways.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Druff, maybe you can apply for one of these forgivable loans?

You can show them that, you know, you run this site at a loss... and need help.

Load Metric
    Not saying but just saying marriot stock has been a rocketship the last 2 days sell once it goes back to 100

Load Metric
    I mean that is If you got in at 73 like a genius

Load Metric
    The Wynn vs NCL/CCL sprint was not postponed

Coming into the final turn we are still in a 3-way race for best 5 day return.

They all are gonna cross the finish line today or tomorrow get a reflective blanket and puke their guts out.

Was fun

gg Druff

Oh yeah, the Fed (and Treasury) always win. Fucking incredible chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Sonatine 160’s in the money?

No We are gonna go on a run.

This disconnect between Fed and Market will be fixed.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Missed your message Simp. Yeah, smashed it but our business is closed so it’s a hedge against death.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 03-25-2020 at 08:04 AM.

Load Metric
    I see the big man doesn’t want the states to release unemployment numbers.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    That’s the question. The conversation will inevitably shift negative again. Everyone knows the unemployment #’s are coming.

Everyone is usually wrong but these # soooooooo bad.

It’s a desire for news censorship which seems like the next logical progression in our fine country.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    That’s the question. The conversation will inevitably shift negative again. Everyone knows the unemployment #’s are coming.

It’s a desire for news censorship which seems like the next logical progression in our fine country.

Cramer was referencing Demark stating that this bump will not last and its not the true bottom as we will progress downward again with more corona news

Load Metric

I'm a noob when it comes to these specific economic issues, but why would the actual unemployment numbers even matter right now? Everyone knows its high, it's government mandated unemployment. I would think that number wouldn't matter until all the states re-open for business and we see how many small businesses closed up shop for good.

Load Metric
    The Wynn vs NCL/CCL sprint was not postponed

Coming into the final turn we are still in a 3-way race for best 5 day return.

They all are gonna cross the finish line today or tomorrow get a reflective blanket and puke their guts out.

Was fun

gg Druff

Oh yeah, the Fed (and Treasury) always win. Fucking incredible chart.

Sonatine 160’s in the money?

No We are gonna go on a run.

This disconnect between Fed and Market will be fixed.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Missed your message Simp. Yeah, smashed it but our business is closed so it’s a hedge against death.
    I chose CCL as my main horse becuase it had 4B in cash and as a result wasn’t going to zero. NCL will end up being the winner here but that SOB may have gone bankrupt.

MGM is another stock on the move as is Delta. Delta has a nice Balance Sheet for a airline.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

I'm a noob when it comes to these specific economic issues, but why would the actual unemployment numbers even matter right now? Everyone knows its high, it's government mandated unemployment. I would think that number wouldn't matter until all the states re-open for business and we see how many small businesses closed up shop for good.
    kinda like one of those things you don't truly realize how bad it is until you actually put hard, fast data towards it...

anything that detracts from stonks being up 15ish% from the lows is a bad thing in the minds of the dear leader...anything that detracts from the record low unemployment is again a bad thing...

obv everybody knows about the reality of how dogshit it's gonna be, but what will the perception of that reality be...at the end of the day that's all that really matters...

Load Metric
    JBLU has what I see as an island baby bottom formation on the Daly [sic]. Two gaps - one going down and now one up. That’s strong shit and makes me stop thinking cynically this bankrupt batch of crap is just a joke. It’s real

emini test coming up but I think it will pass

With regard to the employment numbers not really mattering. In our world of infotainment - these numbers are depression level bad. It will be the chatter. They need something to keep your attention.

I still think we are fucked but you surf the wave

Easter is coming

If you disregard all the stonk bullshit, look at oil. I know GBCP respects that indicator. A dollar move up today. That’s life affirming economic green shoots.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 03-25-2020 at 10:05 AM.

Load Metric
    https://www.senate.gov/legislative/f...ivity_pail.htm

cool cool republicans are taking this opportunity to quote scripture and demand blood retribution on china instead of voting.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Name:  rbob.PNG
Views: 852
Size:  121.2 KB

Load Metric

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Name:  rbob.PNG
Views: 852
Size:  121.2 KB
    Breathtaking move today

Hope you filled up all your SUV’s

Load Metric
    Don’t know what you’re doing but never has the last 30 minutes of the day been so important.

And then again, Booking.com (travel) , Cintas (employee uniforms) , Avalon (rental real estate) . All up. No reason. Technical bullshit

Right hand to Druff, not one second of even visual contact with CNBC. Mind feels so pure
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 03-25-2020 at 10:42 AM.

Load Metric
    That's how I like my Investing zero rhyme or reason tail me on this marriot play idiots its bailing me out yuuuge

Load Metric
    To give you some kind idea how crazy the market has been.

I own 2200 shares of RCL now (including 1700 shares of all-time, for the record books, terrible gamble).

I own the shares for around $80/share

But! LoL volatility, my actual cost per share is like just under $50 because of the options game.

So at one point, I was down $67,000, I am now down about $15,000.

If by January 2021 stock hits 80, I am out with about $65,000 in profit, if not I still own 2200 shares at whatever the market price is at.

I might write a book about this when it's all done.

Comments

sonatine: big vega pimping

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Get That $80 Rep

Thread Information