Page 138 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 2869

Thread: ELON MUSK IS GOD

Load Metric
    the whole libertarian GoLd iN TiMEs oF cRIsIS schtick cost a lot of idiots money in the last few months but that aint my business.

:tea
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    the whole libertarian GoLd iN TiMEs oF cRIsIS schtick cost a lot of idiots money in the last few months but that aint my business.

Gold used to be a lock in times like this. But it didn't find its usual place in 08-10, so it may not this time. The old view that if everything goes to hell you want to have gold in hand no longer works though. What are you going to do, take your piece to the shopkeeper and shave off a few ounces to pay for your goods? Yeah, right. You will get murdered either on the way to the store or on the way home if we reach that point.

The music continues, until it doesn't. But for now we remain best in class. Hence our ability to keep the music playing without much if any consequence.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

Gold used to be a lock in times like this. But it didn't find its usual place in 08-10, so it may not this time. The old view that if everything goes to hell you want to have gold in hand no longer works though. What are you going to do, take your piece to the shopkeeper and shave off a few ounces to pay for your goods? Yeah, right. You will get murdered either on the way to the store or on the way home if we reach that point.

The music continues, until it doesn't. But for now we remain best in class. Hence our ability to keep the music playing without much if any consequence.

yeah it just didnt scale as predicted this time. i have enough on my plate without getting obsessive about why but if anyone wants to one-liner it for me, im interested.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Four months ago:

Fed analysis warns of ‘economic ruin’ when governments print money to pay off debt

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/25/fed-...s-adopted.html

oh.

Load Metric
    Four months ago:

Fed analysis warns of ‘economic ruin’ when governments print money to pay off debt

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/25/fed-...s-adopted.html

oh.

good find. lol at saying what you mean. the current spending has already dwarfed 08-10 which was at the time unprecedented. Good times.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

I guess if your a quick buck kind of person than maybe gold is not a good idea, if you can handle sitting on it for 5 or 10 years (kids college fund) you won't loose money and tax free profit. please explain how some one can lose money doing this.

bought 40 oz of gold back in 1998... lucky I didn't have to get my gold cheese grater out to get some shoes. or pay for daughters braces, American girl doll. Still sitting in safe today, good investment?

scary graph eh?

Name:  gold_30_year_o_usd.png
Views: 907
Size:  21.3 KB
    Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 04-11-2020 at 07:55 AM.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric

Cost a lot of people money since 2011 of you let a devils advocte pick the date of comparison. Gold with its recent run up is flat to 2011. The S&P has trippled. If you savoy enough to pick one asset class you savoy enough to pick a stock. Apple is up 500%. Amazon 1800%.

If gold was a proxy for money printing it would be up huge. Problem is it’s a proxy for inflation: gas is free. People can’t afford milk or rent. It’s a replay of 2008 all over again - it’s not inflation it’s deflation.

That’s not to say after the pump is primed we aren’t going to have a inflation problem on the other side of this, but now is not an inflation problem.

Now all the above being said - gold has its place in a portfolio. Much like you should add bonds to your portfolio when you get closer to retirement you should do the same with Gold as a safe alternative for a massive inflation spike. The best way I’ve ever heard someone explain gold is that it’s not an investment it’s a insurance policy.

Load Metric
    https://forbearancereport.com

Decent resource here if you have questions on mortgage options burning this shit show.

Load Metric
    i feel vaguely guilty even responding because the only lens i view macro economics through is 'how can i make money this week', so long term concepts like portfolios and investments are just too abstract for me (thanks, ADD).

but how did gold do as a shelter asset in 2008 compared to now? i have no idea btw, im asking.

Load Metric
    Intermission

Load Metric
    Walt Disney World employees are taking it on the chin, hard -- the theme park is about to furlough 43,000 workers as it remains closed due to the coronavirus.

It's okay though right? The workers will get $1500 a month from the government and the Fed printer will keep Disney stock afloat.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Walt Disney World employees are taking it on the chin, hard -- the theme park is about to furlough 43,000 workers as it remains closed due to the coronavirus.

It's okay though right? The workers will get $1500 a month from the government and the Fed printer will keep Disney stock afloat.
    Idk about the stock but they’re probably going to make closer to 3k or over a month. $600*4+ whatever their state unemployment gives them. It’s Florida so probably low.
    Like $200 week plus the $2400 a month from feds.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

If the Fed buys questionable junk bonds in the open market and hands out cash that money will probably find it’s way into stonks

However, the potential exists that the Fed may buy equities if things get dire. There is conversation occurring around this idea.

That hottie Janet Yellen:
    “It would be a substantial change to give the Federal Reserve the ability to buy stock,” Yellen told CNBC’s Sara Eisen on “Squawk on the Street.” “I frankly don’t think it’s necessary at this point. I think intervention to support the credit markets is more important, but longer term it wouldn’t be a bad thing for Congress to reconsider the powers that the Fed has with respect to assets it can own.”
    The larger issue or concept is that if folks get their 401k destroyed or other stock holding get thrashed they will be so nervous and lack the confidence to spend and that would make a recovery very difficult. Gotta save the stock market so confidence in the economy remains.

Distortion layered on distortion in the markets. Gamble carefully cause its a different game.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    If the Fed buys questionable junk bonds in the open market and hands out cash that money will probably find it’s way into stonks

However, the potential exists that the Fed may buy equities if things get dire. There is conversation occurring around this idea.

“It would be a substantial change to give the Federal Reserve the ability to buy stock,” Yellen told CNBC’s Sara Eisen on “Squawk on the Street.” “I frankly don’t think it’s necessary at this point. I think intervention to support the credit markets is more important, but longer term it wouldn’t be a bad thing for Congress to reconsider the powers that the Fed has with respect to assets it can own.”
    The larger issue or concept is that if folks get their 401k destroyed or other stock holding get thrashed they will be so nervous and lack the confidence to spend and that would make a recovery very difficult. Gotta save the stock market so confidence in the economy remains.

Distortion layered on distortion in the markets. Gamble carefully cause its a different game.
    “The game the same.... it just got more fierce”

Load Metric
    read someone (burry?) put together a compelling case that the reasons why the 2008 crash took 3 years to totally recover from are the same reasons the 2020 crash will take 7 years to recover from.

sobering shit.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    read someone (burry?) put together a compelling case that the reasons why the 2008 crash took 3 years to totally recover from are the same reasons the 2020 crash will take 7 years to recover from.

sobering shit.
    It seems we are all pretty confident the market is going to tank again. Unless you are confident there is still gains to be made and you can target when to exit effectively, any reason not to just take everything out of the market now and wait?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

This is just an iteration of trickle down economics.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Cost a lot of people money since 2011 of you let a devils advocte pick the date of comparison. Gold with its recent run up is flat to 2011. The S&P has trippled. If you savoy enough to pick one asset class you savoy enough to pick a stock. Apple is up 500%. Amazon 1800%.

If gold was a proxy for money printing it would be up huge. Problem is it’s a proxy for inflation: gas is free. People can’t afford milk or rent. It’s a replay of 2008 all over again - it’s not inflation it’s deflation.

That’s not to say after the pump is primed we aren’t going to have a inflation problem on the other side of this, but now is not an inflation problem.

Now all the above being said - gold has its place in a portfolio. Much like you should add bonds to your portfolio when you get closer to retirement you should do the same with Gold as a safe alternative for a massive inflation spike. The best way I’ve ever heard someone explain gold is that it’s not an investment it’s a insurance policy.
    wow you have great hindsight you must be a trillion air. some one so "savoy" must have bought BITCOIN @ $11 and sold when it hit $20k....too LOL instead of spending 6 years predicting its ultimate demise. still waiting for this to happen. lot of dumb fucks hated Micon so much it costed them millions.

its easy to talk shit and act like a financal genius when you know all the answers and outcomes. Would love to hear your next prediction of x 500%-1800% profit ??
    Ill predict gold will be close to $4,5 k per oz with in 8 years.

gold being a good investment when you get close to retirement is completely wrong and exactly the opposite. gold has always been a very long term investment and individuals with moderate finances who speculate gold on day to day prices are certainly doing it wrong.

lol #bigshots
    Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 04-12-2020 at 09:00 AM.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    hey can anyone remember a single economy in the history of civilization that has ever successfully stopped QE once it started?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

wow you have great hindsight you must be a trillion air. some one so "savoy" must have bought BITCOIN @ $11 and sold when it hit $20k....too LOL instead of spending 6 years predicting its ultimate demise. still waiting for this to happen. lot of dumb fucks hated Micon so much it costed them millions.

its easy to talk shit and act like a financal genius when you know all the answers and outcomes. Would love to hear your next prediction of x 500%-1800% profit ??
    Ill predict gold will be close to $4,5 k per oz with in 8 years.

gold being a good investment when you get close to retirement is completely wrong and exactly the opposite. gold has always been a very long term investment and individuals with moderate finances who speculate gold on day to day prices are certainly doing it wrong.

lol #bigshots

Jesus. Someone missed the point entirely.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: you must be talking about your self here. your point reads as your pretending to be a big brain smarty

Thread Information