Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vanessa Selbst melts down in Main Event Day 1, bluffs off all chips with J8 no draw, tilts on Twitter after people criticized it

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Vanessa Selbst melts down in Main Event Day 1, bluffs off all chips with J8 no draw, tilts on Twitter after people criticized it

Remember when Vanessa Selbst announced to the world that she was retiring from poker, in a move only to massage her own ego with praise from her fans, and then played in an event a short time later?

Well, "retired" Selbst is at it again. And look at this expert play on Day 1 in the deepest, slowest-moving tournament in the world (by a wide margin):

So she barrels super hard on a super-dry board, which I guess is a reasonable idea if you think your opponent missed, but once he calls your large raise, it's time to realize he actually has a good piece of it, and shut down, right? Especially because you have absolutely no hand and are drawing dead against top pair on the turn, right?

Wrong. She committed all of her chips, was called, and she was out.

She's actually done this once before in the Main, and even had a big stack at the time. That was a number of years ago.

But let's focus on today.

Not surprisingly, people on Twitter were criticizing her play.

Why?

Several reasons.

- She's been known to have a temper and berate people at the table.

- She is very outspoken on Twitter about her left-wing, SJW political views, but will block anyone who even slightly disagrees with her (even if done respectfully).

- She's extremely arrogant and rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

- She has zero self-awareness, and blames any negativity aimed at her on misogyny, homophobia, or jealousy.

- She is a prominent poker pro (former poker pro?), and played a hand really, really badly.

So this tweet from "Wretchy" (Dan Martin) apparently really got Vanessa hot under the collar:

Wretchy's needle was likely taking aim at Vanessa's outspoken limousine liberal SJW political rants, where she often complains about other people having privilege despite being rich and white herself.

Vanessa responded by writing her own Tweet (not simply responding to Wretchy), thus giving the matter even more attention.

Might as well quote these for posterity, because Vanessa is known to delete her tilt-tweets:

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa Selbst
    wow pretty amazing how many genius keyboard warriors like @Wretchy there are in poker. I'll go back to my rich lifestyle indeed (that's an insult)? You know I got rich from poker, right? You maybe could too one day if you drastically improved your arrogance to skill ratio #butnah
    Somehow she called him arrogant while displaying her own arrogance in the same tweet. Amazing!

You can click on that tweet to see the (mostly negative) response she got.

I liked this one:

A short time later, she followed up with this gem:

Just like in what world is it that people see a play they would never make from someone successful and the first thought is LOL IMMMA GO INSULT HER ON TWITTER BECAUSE SHE'S TERRIBLE AT POKER AND LIFE AND I AM AWESOME AND UNLUCKY AND SHE'S JUST SO LUCKY WAHHH

get a life guys

That one got even more responses:

Don't you get it, guys? Republicans supposedly hate brown people, because Vanessa said so. Therefore, it's totally different and totally okay to berate them when they're trying to respond to your political tweets.

Continued next post...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Of course, when nearly everyone on your own Twitter is telling you how wrong you are, the smartest thing to do is make another tweet, insulting the crowd criticizing you:

I wish I could just ignore people's tweets but this irks me so much. Everyone who posted here is epitomizing exactly what is wrong with poker these days. Why it's not fun for amateurs anymore. Basically I guess it just boils down to you're kind of a bunch of assholes, pls stop.

Yep, all those people berating Vanessa on Twitter are bad for poker.

Yes, yes, they are.

Vanessa would never do anything like that WHILE ON TV, right?

UH OH!!!

Poker pro Justin Pechie, who tends to be pretty level-headed and is pretty much the opposite of a troll, tried to reason with Vanessa:

Vanessa apparently thinks that because she berated people on TV 6 years ago, it's totally a different year and people should totally be nice to her on Twitter now. You know, as opposed to remembering her staggeringly bad sportsmanship and then seeing her make bad plays herself, and deciding to say something.

Then a guy named Fernando Medina decided to bring up that Vanessa constantly spreads hate about others on social media, in relation to their political views.

In response, Vanessa let us know that not everyone deserves to have free speech, and the "platform" to give opinions should only belong to people who don't watch Fox News.

Keep in mind that Vanessa is a licensed attorney who supposedly specialized in civil liberties. Huh???

Then Ray Henson could stay silent no longer. Apparently Ray's fiancee -- a poker amateur -- was nervous, and he convinced her to play the Ladies Event. Vanessa berated this woman, as well. Was this in 2012, when Vanessa was young and dumb? According to Ray, it was in the ancient year of 2016:

Of course, Vanessa had to make excuses, claiming she was just "discussing hands" and didn't realize she was making anyone uncomfortable.

Ray wasn't having it.

Owned.

Vanessa didn't continue responding to Ray (big shocker).

Grab your popcorn and keep reading...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    A guy named Ryan Franklin showed up and was yet another person to point out that Vanessa is a huge hypocrite for complaining about people criticizing her play:

Was Ryan referring to that incident with Varkonyi, eight years ago? Not exactly.

He was referring to HIMSELF! One year ago! LOL!!!

Owned again!

I mean, there's so much more, but I'll just stop now.

Her lack of self-awareness is just amazing sometimes.

Vanessa really is the social media gift that keeps on giving.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    obv 2019 dead pool candidate.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's J8o guys why is her play surprising?

At least it's better then J7 but she was suited here.

Comments

sah_24: Ha, it's funny every time ...

Gold
    Load Metric
    I try not to root for people to die but this world would be much better off without that cunt. What a miserable human being. If anyone is bored, call Bridgewater Associates and ask H.R. to look at her lovely tweets and ask them if Vanessa is the type of person they want working for them.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    I try not to root for people to die but this world would be much better off without that cunt. What a miserable human being. If anyone is bored, call Bridgewater Associates and ask H.R. to look at her lovely tweets and ask them if Vanessa is the type of person they want working for them.
    While I think your death wish is a bit on the harsh side, there's no point to call her work because they already know.

Remember, she got in trouble because she went all drunk SJW on someone at a company party, and she got reported to HR.

We know this because she stupidly tweeted about it after-the-fact, but claimed that everyone is okay with everything now.

I can only imagine what the people at work think of her.

But the better question is how her wife tolerates living with someone like that. I would dump the hottest chick in the world if she had a personality like Vanessa's.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Worth 1000 words

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Worth 1000 words

Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    MAD ANGRY LESBIAN

I'm sure Vanessa Selbst misses the money she used to make and other girls she used to fuck being a professional poker player and getting free money from a company like PokerStars.

Now she's mad angry lesbian on tilt.
    Her bluffs no longer work.
    She can't adjust or change up her game.
    She berates other players all the time.
    It's good that she retired from playing poker.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Being a fag is not a lifestyle choice.

It is a chromosome anomaly OR
    a mental illness OR
    A sexual fetish OR
    lack of success or confidence with the opposite sex OR
    You were sexually abused as a child OR
    You were a product in the global Democrats pedophile ring.

Comments

FPS_Russia: Typical Ben Shapiro fan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    Being a fag is not a lifestyle choice.

It is a chromosome anomaly OR
    a mental illness OR
    A sexual fetish OR
    lack of success or confidence with the opposite sex OR
    You were sexually abused as a child OR
    You were a product in the global Democrats pedophile ring.
    What do you think makes a person a fag?

Gold
    Load Metric
    In 10-20 years, if she parts her hair on the other side she will look like Tim Cook:

Name:  cook_hero.png
Views: 990
Size:  70.1 KB

Platinum
    Load Metric
    When she said plz stop the respectable thing to do would be to stand down and hope she doesn't do anything to harm herself and gets some help. Sadly the "help" might be the problem, she may be the victim of one of these pill pushing profiteers pretending to be mental health professionals. It's a somewhat new phenomenon but it's an epidemic and we have to be on the look out for these victims of corruption and greed. For gods sake don't try to push em over the edge.

Any antagonizing posts beyond the plz stop point, not cool.

Sorry Sparten, gays are here to stay, looks like you were about to roll out a final solution. I'd argue don't be a lemming, the right uses gays as a strawman to mask their treasonous policies, typical right wing wedge issue.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Dumb article.

Reads much more like a puff piece for Vanessa, aside from the mentions near the end that she is often "defensive", which is the understatement of the century.

No mention of the incident at the Christmas Party where she was reported to HR for going off on someone (regarding some political/social matter). Keep in mind she publicly announced the situation on Twitter, so it was definitely fair game for the New York Times.

I'd still like to know what exactly she is bringing to the table at Bridgewater.

I did like how the article mentioned her recent Twitter meltdown related to the Main Event. Too bad they didn't link this thread (they linked some video instead), as this thread is the most comprehensive and easy to follow account of the situation.

Load Metric
    I doubt that Vanessa is bringing very much to the table at Bridgewater.

If she was to invest her company's money buying into businesses that are only "social good" they would go broke.

Vanessa Selbst has gotten fat since she "retired" from being a "professional poker player".

Load Metric
    Never thought she was good at anything. Hoping the master at bridge water is the 2nd coming of Bernie Madoff.

Sick of hearing about this broad and her retirement . It's a fucking game. How the fuck do you retire from a game? She retires yet shows up at series to play?

Fuck off Selbst you attention seeking gas bag. Nobody fucking cares . If you weren't a man trapped in a woman's body nobody would fucking care about you. Only reason you get any press is the sympathy gay article sells.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Much Love For Gookie Rep

Shizzmoney: lol

big dick: gas bag lol. she is soooo gross and such a disgusting human

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Dumb article.
    No mention of the incident at the Christmas Party where she was reported to HR for going off on someone (regarding some political/social matter). Keep in mind she publicly announced the situation on Twitter, so it was definitely fair game for the New York Times.
    It's the NY Times, not the Daily News.

Thread Information