Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: UFC 148 tonight

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post

troll someone else old man. Ill offer up the bet again when Sonnen's next opponent is announced you 100% you will decline it.
    I'm old and wise.

You're just plain stupid.

Deal with it grasshopper.
    i'll politely ask you that while you are saying this to yourself in the mirror to remember to take your pills today from the 2nd box with a "T" on it.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

This thread is about the UFC.

I'm politely asking you to stop trolling me.
    lol. Guess you better search google again for "gay stormtrooper" or whatever so you can have a clever, unique response to this post.
    This is your third troll post in a very short time on a thread about the UFC.

If you have nothing relevant to add to the thread then please refrain from trolling.

Thank you.

Banned
    Load Metric
    i'll politely ask you that while you are saying this to yourself in the mirror to remember to take your pills today from the 2nd box with a "T" on it.
    Perhaps you are unaware of Druff's new rules. I suggest you read them.

This is your fourth troll post in a thread about the UFC.

Please stop.

Load Metric

Please stop.

nap it out STP. You must be drunk.

Banned
    Load Metric

Please stop.

I've asked you politely several times to stop trolling me in this thread about the UFC.

This is your fifth troll post.

If you have nothing to add to the topic, kindly stop trolling.

Load Metric

I've asked you politely several times to stop trolling me in this thread about the UFC.

I know your memory must be shit, but I simply agreed with what someone else said in this thread. I did not, however, go digging around google images for a way to make fun of you because of a lack of intellect to do it with words. That's what you did, son.

Banned
    Load Metric

I know your memory must be shit, but I simply agreed with what someone else said in this thread. I did not, however, go digging around google images for a way to make fun of you because of a lack of intellect to do it with words. That's what you did, son.
    Please stop trolling me in this thread about the UFC.

Thank you.

Load Metric
    a lot of seasoned heads are looking at forrest to handle chael easily.

personally i dont see it but i have trouble rebutting stuff like "forrest is a huge lwh and chael was an average mw". that's a potentially decisive advantage right there.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    a lot of seasoned heads are looking at forrest to handle chael easily.

personally i dont see it but i have trouble rebutting stuff like "forrest is a huge lwh and chael was an average mw". that's a potentially decisive advantage right there.
    Yeah, I don't think Forrest is as awful as everyone else. Look at his record since 2006. He has a ton of experience with top 5 competition, has found ways to win against guys he should have no chance against and his only losses are against very tough competition, he is also a winning UFC fighter. He walks around at 240+ so like you said, he is a giant LHW. I still think Sonnen wins this but I think Griffin has a decent chance as well and depending on the betting lines I'd even put money on him.

Load Metric
    The main issue I have with the match is that if Griffin wins, nobody gets elevated, and 205 Chael is pretty much dead. If Chael wins, while I'm sure the buildup to his next fight will be fun, let's be serious here. If he can't beat Andy, he's got almost 0% chance against Bones.

I'd much rather Chael v Gustafsson. Give shogun Jimmo or some shit, but at least this way, either Chael or Alex will go up in the rankings with a win, and Gustafsson has plenty of time to recover from the loss if he does indeed lose. (If chael loses, well, the broadcast booth looks pretty good.) Either way,you get an opponent Jones hasn't seen before.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    The main issue I have with the match is that if Griffin wins, nobody gets elevated, and 205 Chael is pretty much dead. If Chael wins, while I'm sure the buildup to his next fight will be fun, let's be serious here. If he can't beat Andy, he's got almost 0% chance against Bones.

I'd much rather Chael v Gustafsson. Give shogun Jimmo or some shit, but at least this way, either Chael or Alex will go up in the rankings with a win, and Gustafsson has plenty of time to recover from the loss if he does indeed lose. (If chael loses, well, the broadcast booth looks pretty good.) Either way,you get an opponent Jones hasn't seen before.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again "Chael Sonnen is the new Rich Franklin". He has not been able to beat Anderson, but can beat pretty much anyone else at 185. The problem is that he is popular and they don't know what to do with him.

Load Metric

this makes sense but the UFC is looking at it from a money making perspective, both guys are still huge draws and that fight will sell PPV's. If Sonnen can't get by Griffin and all that matters to him is pushing for a title he should consider retirement. I think the fight has a great upside for Sonnen with a win though. While hardcore fans know Griffin isn't a top 10 guy at 205 most people don't. He is an ex LHW champ, has a solid 205lb record and he's a big name for Sonnen at 205. I think the UFC would love to see Sonnen in one more title fight before he retires and a guy like Griffin is a name they can use to justify that shot.

Load Metric
    if forrest beats chael, the world is shook because forrest is fucking awful at this point even by his own admission.

if gustavsen beat chael, at least we could be like "wow at least chael understand what hes up against, i bet he learns from this loss and comes back stronger" that type of shit.

ergo, shitty fight that shouldnt happen.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    if forrest beats chael, the world is shook because forrest is fucking awful at this point even by his own admission.

if gustavsen beat chael, at least we could be like "wow at least chael understand what hes up against, i bet he learns from this loss and comes back stronger" that type of shit.

ergo, shitty fight that shouldnt happen.
    I don't think they want to give Chael a fight he will lose that's why they are giving him Forrest instead of a guy he would likely lose to in Gustavsen. From a hardcore fans perspective I agree that other fights are more interesting. From a business perspective I think they want to see Chael have one more title run in him to make a pile of money before he retires. There is no better guy at 205 for that to happen than Griffin. I would like to see Chael have one more title run in him as well, not because I think he has any shot at winning but I love his shit talk and I think he could have some comedy gold moments at bones expense.

Load Metric
    both guys are still huge draws and that fight will sell PPV's.
    Heh?

Chael vs Anderson was a big draw for a title belt. Chael has never proven to be a draw outside of that rivalry. Sonnen-Stann got less than a quarter mil ppv buys. Ufc on Fox 2 with Bisping-Sonnen didn't exactly burn up the ratings, and that shit was free. Chael + Andy = $$$. Chael + the field = Ø

Griffin don't move the needle at all anymore, I'm pretty sure, and that's been the case for a year or 2 now. People don't pay to see Forrest.

There are very few HUGE DRAWS in the UFC anymore. Very few.

Load Metric
    both guys are still huge draws and that fight will sell PPV's.
    Heh?

Chael vs Anderson was a big draw for a title belt. Chael has never proven to be a draw outside of that rivalry. Sonnen-Stann got less than a quarter mil ppv buys. Ufc on Fox 2 with Bisping-Sonnen didn't exactly burn up the ratings, and that shit was free. Chael + Andy = $$$. Chael + the field = Ø

Griffin don't move the needle at all anymore, I'm pretty sure, and that's been the case for a year or 2 now. People don't pay to see Forrest.

There are very few HUGE DRAWS in the UFC anymore. Very few.
    Perhaps you're right but I think this fight sells more ppv's than the others you suggested, both Sonnen and Griffin have been main or co main even guys consistently in the UFC. I also think my point about Sonnen and another title push holds true, I think him vs Bones would be a very big draw and Sonnen would do a terrific job selling it as he did the Silva fight. The UFC wants him to win at 205 and thats why he is fighting who he is.
    Last edited by peter mcneil; 08-19-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Load Metric

Perhaps you're right but I think this fight sells more ppv's than the others you suggested, both Sonnen and Griffin have been main or co main even guys consistently in the UFC. I also think my point about Sonnen and another title push holds true, I think him vs Bones would be a very big draw and Sonnen would do a terrific job selling it as he did the Silva fight. The UFC wants him to win at 205 and thats why he is fighting who he is.
    In a way it makes sense. This fight may be considered a somewhat weak main event by some standards, but it will most likely have a strong supporting card. It is possible that the UFC will do this with a not so strong main events and conversely on the ppvs with really strong main events they can get away with having a weak supporting card as far as big name fighters go.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

In a way it makes sense. This fight may be considered a somewhat weak main event by some standards, but it will most likely have a strong supporting card. It is possible that the UFC will do this with a not so strong main events and conversely on the ppvs with really strong main events they can get away with having a weak supporting card as far as big name fighters go.
    I dont think this will be a main event fight, it's on the year end show and the UFC usually puts together a very strong card for that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    I wonder if Antonio being ringside is a hint that he'll be a pro for Zuffa's poker site
    :bump

One of the few times I've ever been correct in an mma thread. My mma prediction record really is horribly sad given the amount of fights that I've watched.

Thread Information