Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: UFC 148 tonight

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post

cause sixtoedpete said so!
    Yes, SixToedPete and millions of other MMA fans who watched Chael Sonnen collect his 12th loss.

Chael made his $3-$5Million PPV dough. That's all he ever wanted anyway.

I could care less who he fights for his 13th loss.
    now you're just trolling and showing some biased hate for Sonnen, not very interesting to discuss with IMO. Clearly he trained hard and went into the fight trying to win, not just attempting to get a big pay day. I can agree when you talk that much shit and lose a lot of people will think you look foolish, thats fair, you saying he was just looking to get nothing more than a big payday is fucking retarded. Anyone could see he was crushed after the loss, he's been a high level athlete his entire life, Im pretty sure winning is just as much a priority as the big pay day to him. Why Im typing this out to someone who is likely trolling? maybe in the off chance you actually believe what you just typed, but you're not that stupid, are you?

He will be fighting someone other than Silva for his next fight, if you think he will lose his next bout I'm willing to escrow up to $500 with Druff against the field, whoever he fights next, you can even wait and see who it is. If you believe he will lose his next fight I'd imagine you like your side of the bet...

Banned
    Load Metric
    Clearly he trained hard and went into the fight trying to win, not just attempting to get a big pay day......... you saying he was just looking to get nothing more than a big payday is fucking retarded....
    I'm not trolling grasshopper; I'm just stating the facts.

You can hug Chael's tiny BB-sized sack to your heart's content.

It won't change the fact that Chael Sonnen conned UFC fans into spending $60 to watch him get his ass kicked. That's all it was about.

He folded like a cheap suit.

Bruised and battered but laughing all the way to the bank.

Load Metric
    Clearly he trained hard and went into the fight trying to win, not just attempting to get a big pay day......... you saying he was just looking to get nothing more than a big payday is fucking retarded....

It won't change the fact that Chael Sonnen conned UFC fans into spending $60 to watch him get his ass kicked. That's all it was about.

troll someone else old man. Ill offer up the bet again when Sonnen's next opponent is announced you 100% you will decline it.

Banned
    Load Metric

troll someone else old man. Ill offer up the bet again when Sonnen's next opponent is announced you 100% you will decline it.
    I'm old and wise.

You're just plain stupid.

Deal with it grasshopper.

Load Metric
    Short gripping...
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Short gripping, again....
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Fingers thru fence while throwing a giant knee.....
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Load Metric
    Fight Night on Fuel tv live right now Munoz vs Weidman main event

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    Fight Night on Fuel tv live right now Munoz vs Weidman main event
    pretty good card with a great main event. Depending on what happens with Lombard winner of it could be up next for a title shot. Cheering for Weidman, no clue at all who will win, it's a pick'em

Load Metric
    weidman with the brutal finish on munoz, just a horribly late stoppage as well. I think Munoz took about 10 too many shots after being dropped with that elbow. I also think weidman should be getting the next title shot.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Great card on Fuel! The Main Event was meh with a brutal ending with all that blood just pouring out of Munoz but the fight before between Te Huna and Beltran was quite entertaining.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Great card on Fuel! The Main Event was meh with a brutal ending with all that blood just pouring out of Munoz but the fight before between Te Huna and Beltran was quite entertaining.
    I thought the Te Huna fight was pretty shitty, like a tough man contest. I don't see Te Huna doing a lot at 205, he might make a good gate keeper. The main event was great, Weidman dominated Munoz at every aspect of the game. Out wrestled him, showed off his BJJ, out struck him and ended it with the beautiful elbow and the brutal finish. Sonnen and Bonner both felt the stoppage is suspension worthy for the ref and that Weidman should be getting the next title shot.

Load Metric
    I thought the Te Huna fight was pretty shitty, like a tough man contest. I don't see Te Huna doing a lot at 205, he might make a good gate keeper. The main event was great, Weidman dominated Munoz at every aspect of the game. Out wrestled him, showed off his BJJ, out struck him and ended it with the beautiful elbow and the brutal finish. Sonnen and Bonner both felt the stoppage is suspension worthy for the ref and that Weidman should be getting the next title shot.
    No doubt that the Munoz stoppage was late. Hopefully he doesn't have any permanent injuries. Suspension for the ref does seem in order there.

I feel somewhat bad for Te Huna. He gets a last minute replacement opponent that is coming down from heavyweight that neither Pat Berry nor Matt Motrione could ko. He needs to keep improving, but the fight was bad for him as far as showcasing his skills.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I thought the fight was good it was clear Te Huna destroyed Beltran but I like the action fights where one guy gets his ass kicked taking it like a man. I don't think he will do anything at 205 either.

Load Metric

I thought the fight was good it was clear Te Huna destroyed Beltran but I like the action fights where one guy gets his ass kicked taking it like a man. I don't think he will do anything at 205 either.
    Yeah, seeing a good shit kicking is nice it just looked really sloppy to me while Weidman looked insanely good. I think Weidman is the only guy who is trouble for Silva at 185. Great wrestling with top notch bjj and incredible ground control. The way he handled Munoz in the wrestling department was very impressive.

Te Huna just isnt athletic or fast enough, I think hes the 205lb version of Lavar Johnson. He will keep a spot at LHW and will be in some good brawls but he isnt athletic or fast enough to challenge the divisions elite.

Load Metric
    Te Huna claims that he broke a hand and a foot in the first round last night. With that in mind, his performance was pretty fantastic.

Load Metric
    josh rosenthall is going to catch a manslaughter beef one of these days.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    josh rosenthall is going to catch a manslaughter beef one of these days.
    I dont understand what he was thinking, the elbow had Munoz on queer street, at that point let him take 1 or 2 shots.Rosenthall was right fucking there on top of it and he let about 15 clean shots get through to Munoz, he was literally half a step away. If he's not deserving of a suspension I dont know what official is, just a ridiculously late and dangerous stoppage.

Load Metric
    ive legitimately never seen anything like it. i watched it a few times thinking "ok clearly he must have had a bad view of the action and wasnt sure what was up" but its just not the case; hes squatting there, watching munoz get his face punched off his skull, too stunned and out of it to even cover up from half the punches, asking him if he wants out. predicating a stoppage on the verbal response from a fighter who is arguably ko'd is unbelievable.

Load Metric
    Does anyone have a video link to the stoppage (not the gif)?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    shitty video but here you go

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    shitty video but here you go

ty, and ya I can;t understand why it went so long.

Thread Information