Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Go Fund Yourself: GoFundMe making over $600,000 from Vegas victim fundraiser

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    LOL at the corporate apologism in this thread.

Yes, Gofundme has costs, but if you believe their payment processing actually costs 2.9% plus 30c, then you must also believe that no companies profit from shipping & handling.

But that aside, even if you believe that, they are still making 5% on this, which is huge considering the large dollar figure involved, plus the fact that it's all automated.

Would I be satisfied if they did this at actual cost? I guess.

But the truth is that this is a GREAT free advertisement for GoFundMe, and the marketing/goodwill value they would have received by waiving fees would have been well worth it.

There just wasn't any negotiation.

This County Chair guy just emotionally knee-jerked and set up a gofundme, never attempting to negotiate anything.

Even removing the tragedy element, you can almost always negotiate fees with a company when you're going to be bringing bulk business to them.

The fact that donors are paying standard fees, and the fact that this dude is trying to justify instead of negotiate, is just sad.

There are also county websites with the framework in place to collect money this way, so no idea why they didn't just slap up one of those.

Next you geniuses are going to defend the WSOP taking a full rake on the Little One for One Drop.
    The person that started the "fundraising" campaign knew good and damned well that they take a percentage. That's enough for me. Which is more going down the drain, their fees or the bloated Goliath that is the Red Cross?

Load Metric
    TL;DR

Did the cunts donate their earnings on this in the end??
    BALLIN'!!

Banned
    Load Metric
    SS made his fortune through scam telemarketing in the 80s when Nevada was among the last states to regulate the industry. Many of his competitors eventually faced legal trouble but not SS. He rose to the top of Las Vegas local government.

In 2011, a close friend had a meeting with SS about opening a business to bring some life to one of Vegas' infinity number of fail retail developments. SS didn't greet him or say a single word during the meeting. My friend presented his business plan while SS stared blankly. The tension grew palpable and my friend rose from his chair to leave the office, not understanding what he had done to offend the man. SS finally says, "Did you bring anything for me?"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks Spunk Bucket View Post
    TL;DR

Did the cunts donate their earnings on this in the end??
    Noone cares anymore then lol
    BALLIN'!!

Thread Information