Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: **Event #40: $2.5k LHE 6-handed Rail Thread**

Bronze
    Load Metric
    gl to both druff n china

Gl Druff and China.

Druff, tell Richard Brodie he's got a fan on PFA.

Load Metric
    Time for Druff to run good at the right time. Down to 7600, he needs to pick up some hands and run into some good juju. GL also to China.

Load Metric
    Druff in trouble at 1650... Time for a serious streak of rungood.

Load Metric
    Todd Witteles ‏@ToddWitteles

QQ unassisted win 8400 chip pot, up to 9300

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Don't forget, china's up to 15,700.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Druff now about average chips at 12050. Way to go!

Load Metric
    Way to fight back Druff.

china is at approx. 20K.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    They are dropping like flies now.

Eliminations

Shaun Deeb
    Gavin Smith
    Maya Geller
    Noah Boeken
    Jeff Shulman
    Randy Lew
    Barry Shulman
    Nacho Barbero
    Samuel Barnhart
    Al Barbieri
    James Dempsey
    Pat Pezzin
    Bob Lauria
    Jennifer Leigh
    Dwyte Pilgrim
    Eric Froehlich

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardBrodiesCombover. View Post
    Gl Druff and China.

Druff, tell Richard Brodie he's got a fan on PFA.
    He actually approached me during the break and asked, "Do you remember me?", and then we walked toward the playing area and talked for about 5 minutes.

I forgot to mention you.

However, when you first made this account, he did approach me at a WSOP event and complained that the name is unfair to him because he doesn't actually have a combover.

So he does know about you.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here are two other stories of note from this event:

Erick Lindgren was playing, and during one of the breaks, he was walking back with Jesse Martin and the two were being very friendly and laughing. Then a few other pros joined them (I forget who now), and everyone was having a good time talking, smiling, and joking with one another. This would normally be a non-story, but it's pretty interesting to see how well Erick still gets along with a lot of people in poker, despite all that has come out about him.

Daniel Negreanu seemed particularly interested in talking to me today, for some reason. Right before the event, I was sitting by myself at the table (I was the first one there), eating a roast beef sandwich. Negreanu approached me and the conversation went like this:

Negreanu: You know what that's made of, right?

Me: I wish you didn't ask me that until after I was done eating it.

Negreanu: It's like various ground up parts, probably some glue... just a lot of stuff they don't tell you.

Me: Is this your plan to put me on tilt right before the event starts?

Negreanu: You got it, that's my master plan.... (he walks off to his table)

Then, moments later, he comes back and asks, "Have you eaten Kobe beef before?" When I said yes, he responded, "No, you haven't. Almost nobody in the U.S. has." Then I told him that I knew what he was talking about, and that most "Kobe beef" in the US isn't actually Kobe beef, but is beef raised in the style of Kobe beef. He seemed disappointed that he wasn't shocking me with this news, and again walked away.

Then, much later in the day, he came up and kept referring to "that voice" which was really annoying him. I had no clue what he was talking about, and thought maybe he was talking about one of the loud, obnoxious people in the audience of the nearby final table. I asked what he meant, and he still wasn't clear about it. Finally, he told someone else that he was talking about Annie Duke, who was two tables over from mine. He then said to me, "I told you because I knew you'd best understand why it's so annoying."

He didn't attempt to create any direct confrontations with Annie, though. I think he just couldn't stand hearing her, and had to vent to someone who he knew would be sympathetic.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Daniel Negreanu seemed particularly interested in talking to me today, for some reason. Right before the event, I was sitting by myself at the table (I was the first one there), eating a roast beef sandwich. Negreanu approached me and the conversation went like this:

Negreanu: You know what that's made of, right?

Me: Annie Duke's snatch?

Negreanu: It's like various ground up parts, probably some glue... just a lot of stuff they don't tell you.

Me: Is this your plan to put me on tilt right before the event starts?

Negreanu: You got it, that's my master plan.... (he walks off to his table)

Then, moments later, he comes back and asks, "Have you eaten Kobe beef before?" When I said yes, he responded, "No, you haven't. Almost nobody in the U.S. has." Then I told him that I knew what he was talking about, and that most "Kobe beef" in the US isn't actually Kobe beef, but is beef raised in the style of Kobe beef. He seemed disappointed that he wasn't shocking me with this news, and again walked away.
    Fixed your conversation. Tighten up your game sir.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh yeah, I busted near the end of the day (as did China) if you didn't read our tweets or the WSOP Forum thread.

Load Metric
    Take it down!

Load Metric
    You got this Druff!
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Daniel Negreanu seemed particularly interested in talking to me today, for some reason. Right before the event, I was sitting by myself at the table

I was sitting with you

Also another funny story Joseph Cheong was walking back in after the first break and the crazy crazy drunk brits were railing there friend at the final table. Cheong stops and watches. The brits start some loud cheer chanting cheungs name. Cheong is perplexed and just waves. They then started another long cheer with his name in it and started booing him

Here is my trip report

Busted out a little over 100th. I did the best I could with my chips.

Was card dead the first few levels and was around 5k. Joseph Cheong had 300 chips and he went all in. Blinds were 100-200. I looked down @ 75 off and was under the impression he had only 200. I was forced to complete to 300. The BB raised with a big pair and I called. Flop was like 64q. I checked BB bet I called. Turn was the pretty 8 and I check raised he called. I led river and got called. I was very fortunate there because I would have folded had I known it was 200 more.

Then I went card dead for a while after hovering around 10k and dropped to 6k. Then I hit a mini heater and ran it up to 22k. After I hit 22k I kept going down and hit like 13k. Then I fought back to 18k and after that I just never saw many hands and got hit with a couple of river 3 outers on the hands I did make and when I got to 7k I basically got blinded down or missed flops.

My table was never really good at all. 1 seat was cheung who was very loose and that was a + and I won a good amount of chips from him. 2 seat was a pokerstars team online pro who played ok. 3 seat guy was a little too aggro and I got some of his chips and the guy to my left in the 5 seat was pretty much a rock. 6 seat was an old dude who limped the first hand and then he started playing better and he was a rock as well but very easy to read. Matt Grapethein who is very good got moved to my table late in the day and after I flopped top pair and cr with AJ on a j94 board he went runner runner and nailed a river straight vs me with aq. Other guy who filled the aggro guys seat was decent too.

Wasn't a great table draw but I made the most of what I could. Don't think i really made any mistakes accept for the hand where I knocked out Cheong and that worked in my favor.

AA- 0 times
    kk- 1 time and the blinds folded
    qq- lost a pot to a turn gutter and I folded the turn, won decent pot with qqq once
    jj- won monster pot with JJ
    10-10- 0
    99- 0
    88-0
    77-once no action
    66 turned a set and didnt get called
    55-0
    44 won a couple small pot
    33- won 2 pots uncontested
    22 - rivered a house and got no action and all streets were checked

Feeling really good and am probably playing the $1500 NL on Saturday. Possibly the $1k NL on Sunday instead. That is a 3 day event and the 3k limit starts @ 5pm on Tuesday. The days would overlap with the 3k and 1k but more than likely if I made FT of 1k it would be played earlier in the day so it shouldn't interfere. More than likely I am going to stick with the 1500. If I did play the 1k and it overlapped then I would pool the 3k back to the roll and it would get split. But like I said more than likely they wont interfere and I will most likely stick with the 1500 saturday

China

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

Daniel Negreanu seemed particularly interested in talking to me today, for some reason. Right before the event, I was sitting by myself at the table

I was sitting with you

Also another funny story Joseph Cheong was walking back in after the first break and the crazy crazy drunk brits were railing there friend at the final table. Cheong stops and watches. The brits start some loud cheer chanting cheungs name. Cheong is perplexed and just waves. They then started another long cheer with his name in it and started booing him

Here is my trip report

Busted out a little over 100th. I did the best I could with my chips.

Was card dead the first few levels and was around 5k. Joseph Cheong had 300 chips and he went all in. Blinds were 100-200. I looked down @ 75 off and was under the impression he had only 200. I was forced to complete to 300. The BB raised with a big pair and I called. Flop was like 64q. I checked BB bet I called. Turn was the pretty 8 and I check raised he called. I led river and got called. I was very fortunate there because I would have folded had I known it was 200 more.

Then I went card dead for a while after hovering around 10k and dropped to 6k. Then I hit a mini heater and ran it up to 22k. After I hit 22k I kept going down and hit like 13k. Then I fought back to 18k and after that I just never saw many hands and got hit with a couple of river 3 outers on the hands I did make and when I got to 7k I basically got blinded down or missed flops.

My table was never really good at all. 1 seat was cheung who was very loose and that was a + and I won a good amount of chips from him. 2 seat was a pokerstars team online pro who played ok. 3 seat guy was a little too aggro and I got some of his chips and the guy to my left in the 5 seat was pretty much a rock. 6 seat was an old dude who limped the first hand and then he started playing better and he was a rock as well but very easy to read. Matt Grapethein who is very good got moved to my table late in the day and after I flopped top pair and cr with AJ on a j94 board he went runner runner and nailed a river straight vs me with aq. Other guy who filled the aggro guys seat was decent too.

Wasn't a great table draw but I made the most of what I could. Don't think i really made any mistakes accept for the hand where I knocked out Cheong and that worked in my favor.

AA- 0 times
    kk- 1 time and the blinds folded
    qq- lost a pot to a turn gutter and I folded the turn, won decent pot with qqq once
    jj- won monster pot with JJ
    10-10- 0
    99- 0
    88-0
    77-once no action
    66 turned a set and didnt get called
    55-0
    44 won a couple small pot
    33- won 2 pots uncontested
    22 - rivered a house and got no action and all streets were checked

Feeling really good and am probably playing the $1500 NL on Saturday. Possibly the $1k NL on Sunday instead. That is a 3 day event and the 3k limit starts @ 5pm on Tuesday. The days would overlap with the 3k and 1k but more than likely if I made FT of 1k it would be played earlier in the day so it shouldn't interfere. More than likely I am going to stick with the 1500. If I did play the 1k and it overlapped then I would pool the 3k back to the roll and it would get split. But like I said more than likely they wont interfere and I will most likely stick with the 1500 saturday

China
    You basically guaranteed a final table and finished north of 100.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavin View Post

You basically guaranteed a final table and finished north of 100.
    Which is far more acceptable then guaranteeing you would never post here multiple times then still posting. Posting is 100% in your control. Well, at least in existing threads it is....

Load Metric
    According to a rival website, Negreanu is down over $200K in WSOP 2011 and 2012. I'm not sure his advice / chat / run good / or whatever is worth much. Except if you are interested in how to keep your name in the media.

Thread Information