Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bryce Harper charges Hunter Strickland after being beaned on the hip, actual fight takes place

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Bryce Harper charges Hunter Strickland after being beaned on the hip, actual fight takes place

Strickland likely threw at Harper because Harper hit 2 home runs off him in the 2014 NLDS, or at least that's the prevailing theory.

Oddly, the game was only 2-0 in the 8th when this happened, with Washington leading.

Load Metric
    Vegas boy not taking any shit.

Was Harper intending to hit Strickland with his batting helmet? If so, that was a shit throw.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    Vegas boy not taking any shit.

Was Harper intending to hit Strickland with his batting helmet? If so, that was a shit throw.
    Looks like he was thinking of it, then decided to just fake it and throw it to the side.

Load Metric
    So, Buster Posey is the biggest pussy alive or he hates Strickland.

Load Metric
    Posey doesn't even try to save his pitcher

Load Metric
    I have heard more than one person that Bryce has the maturity of a 17 year old with no social skills. He was rushed into pro baseball by his parents at age 16 and quit high school. Though he apparently is a teetotaler Morman today, don't be surprised if you see him go Tiger Woods by age 30. When he signs that $400M contract, look for diminished production on the field, and multiple rehabs by age 35. By all accounts, he is socially challenged.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Hordell View Post
    I have heard more than one person that Bryce has the maturity of a 17 year old with no social skills. He was rushed into pro baseball by his parents at age 16 and quit high school. Though he apparently is a teetotaler Morman today, don't be surprised if you see him go Tiger Woods by age 30. When he signs that $400M contract, look for diminished production on the field, and multiple rehabs by age 35. By all accounts, he is socially challenged.

Yeah from what I can tell, Harper is a delusional idiot....it was funny when he scrapped with Papelbon that all the media tended to blame Pap....they were both dickheads!

This seemed like a fun little brawl....and yeah my guess is the Giants knew this was going to happen....Strickland has a beef with Harper or whatever, cause Posey makes no move at all to try to stop him.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Homer Nats fans will claim that this was "just because he hit a HR off of him" but the real story is he hit the HR...and then mean mugged Strickland ALL the way around the bases, and then shouted at him for a solid minute when he got back in the dugout. No shit you got a fastball right at you next chance he got.

Harper is a complete douchebag, always has been, and the only shame about this incident is he didn't get hit in the fucking head and/or KTFO by the pitcher after charging the mound.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Wow this thread takes me back to a better time... to me as lil tyke and my Dad screaming at me that you can't get beaned anywhere other than your head. Because your head is your bean and every 8 year old should know that duh. To this day I haven't looked up if that is even true.

Comments

herbertstemple: Don't bother looking it up, dear old dad was 100% right.

Load Metric
    Video unavailable.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    My friends were literally running around saying "beamed" as it applies to all parts of the body completely unchecked though to make it less frustrating for me.

Ohhh and "Out of Balance" for basketball boundaries I shit you not.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    so much LOLs in this:

Samardzija trying to tackle somebody and winds up plowing face first into Morse's head...good thing he still has those football skills...

It took 4 guys to get Strickland off the field and another 2-4 to clog the entrance into the clubhouse to keep Strickland from charging back on the field...Bryce aint so smart...fucking Strickland is a hoss...probably one of the last guys in the majors who you want to trade blows with...he should be thankful Strickland drilled him in the ass...

Load Metric

Load Metric
    this was the first time these two players have opposed one another since the 2014 NLCS, when Harper hit two home runs off of Strickland plus chirped away while running out the homer and continued while on the bench

I don't know if these two had dealings with one another in the minors

Strickland is another hot head and caused some trouble when he came up as a rookie in 2014, and also in the WS versus Kansas City...
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Video unavailable.
    Fixed

Load Metric
    Two people who I want to see get punched in the face got punched in the face. Win win.

Silver
    Load Metric
    I try harder to win than anyone I know that does what I do, but it would never occur to me do the equivalent of throwingthe fucking ball at someone that hit a home run off me.

CAN someone explain this to me?

I know this happens all the time in baseball but I don't get it. I've been around a few professional baseball players and it's definitely a weird a-type personality but this one I'll never understand.

He didn't try to fuck your wife. WTF

Load Metric
    Few things in sports are worse than rushing the mound and getting your ass kicked.
    Tradition is a set of solutions for which we have forgotten the problems.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    Few things in sports are worse than rushing the mound and getting your ass kicked.
    Nothing like a good sports brawl though. Hockey has the best by far, baseball's are respectable.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    Nothing like a good sports brawl though. Hockey has the best by far, baseball's are respectable.
    Baseball brawls are usually a tickle fest with no punches being thrown. Someday there will be an amazing one...hopefully.

It's too bad we don't have the longer video. Strickland had to be pulled off the field by 3 of his own players and he was pushing/punching at his own players. What an idiot.

If baseball players weren't pussies, that batting helmet would have been thrown directly at Strickland and set off some better fireworks.

Thread Information