Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Trailer Park Boys What The Fuck Happened Thread

Load Metric

Official Trailer Park Boys What The Fuck Happened Thread

So I decided to dive back into some TPB this weekend as I kinda walked away towards the end of Season 7 many, many years ago and noticed there were a few new seasons in the bag, as had been touched upon before.

So I rewatch season 7, feel good about things, fire up season 8, and wowwwwwww'd.... everyone is literally fat and old, Trinity is grown up... so I look online and holy shit there was a 7 year gap between season 7 and 8?

Can someone explain what the fuck is up with that? I read something about how there was drama with the film rights, and the story of how Cory & Trevor got fucked over with wages is already well known but how/why did it take 7 actual human years to get the train rolling again? I mean seriously I get hanging up the gloves for a year or two, but after two years dont you just walk away for good? How does it take 7 years to get hungry and broke enough to dig up the corpse and attempt to reanimate it?

I'm going to watch the last few seasons I guess because fuck it, what I watched was actually just fine, but if anyone can break down the actual goss regarding that hiatus I'd love to hear it.

Also real talk there should have been a feature length movie about the Cory & Trevor hitch hiking adventure and yes thats :realtalk
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I fought it was as simple as the series was over, than Netflix came around throwing dollars at them.

Comments

sah_24: This

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    I fought it was as simple as the series was over, than Netflix came around throwing dollars at them.

Obviously, not arguing with you because I really have no idea, but according to wikileaks:

On July 4, 2013, it was announced that John Paul Tremblay, Robb Wells and Mike Smith acquired the rights to Trailer Park Boys and confirmed it would return with an eighth season, that would be broadcast on their Internet channel, SwearNet.com.[2] However, on March 5, 2014, it was announced season 8 would premiere exclusively on Netflix, and the streaming service would also make a ninth season.[3]

That seems a bit less cut and dried... and why would Netflix just dump money in their laps for development 6 years after the series wrapped?

So weird.. surely there is a more granular explanation out there someplace.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Well there was all the drama causing issues, and I believe Netflix walking in with a suitcase of money solved a lot of the problems and allowed Julian/Ricky/Bubbles to buy back the rights.

I don't mind watching the newer seasons, but they just aren't the same.

Load Metric
    a TPB thread isn't complete without this:

Comments

thesidedish: indeed

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

Obviously, not arguing with you because I really have no idea, but according to wikileaks:

On July 4, 2013, it was announced that John Paul Tremblay, Robb Wells and Mike Smith acquired the rights to Trailer Park Boys and confirmed it would return with an eighth season, that would be broadcast on their Internet channel, SwearNet.com.[2] However, on March 5, 2014, it was announced season 8 would premiere exclusively on Netflix, and the streaming service would also make a ninth season.[3]

That seems a bit less cut and dried... and why would Netflix just dump money in their laps for development 6 years after the series wrapped?

So weird.. surely there is a more granular explanation out there someplace.
    Well at what point in time did Netflix start having infinite money to buy content?

Load Metric
    It couldnt be too much money because after 3 post-hiatus seasons, both J-Roc and Lucy bounced hard.

Also honestly if Lucy was willing to blow off the show based on a completely baseless accusation against Mike Smith...? I get that shes a rape survivor and was likely ultratriggered but honestly, those were some boulllllshit charges and even the 'victim' was like 'yeah none of that happened' the second the cops showed up, so how much money could really have been on the table there?

J-Roc situation is also kinda on the fence in as much his camera time = consistent low points, but really its not like he was swimming in career opportunities and still found the door.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I enjoyed all the new seasons, Jroc being gone kinda sucked but Lucy was easily written off and forgot about. She was annoying as fuck anyways and just looked awful lol

Load Metric
    Lucy getting knocked up by Randy was definitely kind of a shark jump moment.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Jroc doesnt need another job. He has a regular sitcom gig among other side projects. You will love Treevenge, its a short on youtube.

Lucy had already planned to leave the show, she didnt leave over the bogus incident with mike smith in LA. She also wasnt raped. Jesus man, you post a thread asking about TPB goods, then you go ahead and answer yourself with bullshit and TMZ fodder.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    Jroc doesnt need another job. He has a regular sitcom gig among other side projects. You will love Treevenge, its a short on youtube.

Lucy had already planned to leave the show, she didnt leave over the bogus incident with mike smith in LA. She also wasnt raped. Jesus man, you post a thread asking about TPB goods, then you go ahead and answer yourself with bullshit and TMZ fodder.

Lucy says she was raped, the case gets thrown out of court for lack of evidence, and that's your response?

Glad to hear that Jroc is doing well. Sad to hear you're an asshole.

Load Metric
    How about instead of pouting, you read up on Lucy's attempted duping of the court. You wanna knkw why she quit? Embarassment. Lack of evidence? I think you mean evidence of deception on Lucy's part. Get a clue, hun. Xoxo
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Load Metric
    And you knew i was an asshole.

Load Metric
    Whats more likely; that the woman laying her career on the line to go after a serial rapist is lying, or the Canadian shut-in drug addict whose entire social life revolves around AIM time with actual honest to god red-pill nut cases has the inside track?

I guess we will never know.

Load Metric
    Even as someone who is super-nostalgic towards shit I like, I have no desire to see that newish TPB stuff. It ran its course years ago, and that is ok.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Even as someone who is super-nostalgic towards shit I like, I have no desire to see that newish TPB stuff. It ran its course years ago, and that is ok.

I was absolutely stunned at how much I enjoyed season 7 after walking away from this show for maybe 3 or 4 years. But I have to say, your instincts are pretty on-point regarding the post-hiatus TPB.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

I was absolutely stunned at how much I enjoyed season 7 after walking away from this show for maybe 3 or 4 years. But I have to say, your instincts are pretty on-point regarding the post-hiatus TPB.
    I was bummed out when I heard Clerks 3 isn't going to happen.

I'm also probably the only person of my age who thinks Clerks 2 was better than the original.

Load Metric
    also mea culpa it was a sexual assault involving choking and slapping, not penetrative rape.

Load Metric
    Thoughts on season 8 and the first half of season 9:

Some genuine lols but I'm tired of it being so depressing and every time I see someone get shot I always imagine what the damage would be like in real life and things stop being fun real fast.

Load Metric
    Like Cyrus shooting Cory in the foot at point blank range with a .38 just isnt funny to me, I cant play along and be like 'oh hes gonna be fine lol'.

Thread Information