Thread: Looking to buy a new car

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric

Looking to buy a new car

What is the most cost-efficient method of buying a car these days? I'd like to buy a porsche in about a year's time and have literally no idea how to go about doing this. I've never bought a car before and have literally no idea where to even begin. Do I take out an auto loan or do I pay in full? My credit score as of last month was something like 768. Some input would be greatly appreciated my dudes

Load Metric
    Firstly based on your questions you'll get slaughtered buying a Porsche...what year, mileage, main costs factored in?

They are nice to look at and expensive to maintain, also drop like a rock in value if truly driven.

Even a fairly affordable used 997 for example is a pit, they are cheap for a reason once a few years of mileage are on them.

NOW if talking new and money doesn't matter, go for it. If you are a doctor, lawyer etc pulling in 6 figs gaur yearly, write off money, lease it. If you aren't go home.

I like Porsche but honestly unless you can roll like that with no worry, stay clear or enjoy a used one for a year then dump it.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Why pay interest on a loan if you can pay for it up front? Also, you want to find out the invoice price so you aren't getting fucked. If you're going to need financing, get it on your own rather than at the dealership. With your credit score you should be able to get a 2.9% APR or better if you decide to finance. Have you considered leasing?

Load Metric
    since you're saving money on 7/11 dick pills and PBR 6 packs (and what seems to be like whores judging by your last thread)

i reccomend a 2017 A4 SLine

Comments

dick: reccomend

unlearn: car, not bike

tyde: eat dicks

Muck Ficon: No one cares what you think
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Get mom and dad to help obv

Gold
    Load Metric
    Get the Panamera Turbo

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I hate to break it to you, but the hookers are NOT going to love you more because you have a Porsche.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but the hookers are NOT going to love you more because you have a Porsche.
    hes all about hookers with hearts of gold i guess
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but the hookers are NOT going to love you more because you have a bike.

fixed for Larry

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    What is the most cost-efficient method of buying a car these days? I'd like to buy a porsche in about a year's time and have literally no idea how to go about doing this. I've never bought a car before and have literally no idea where to even begin. Do I take out an auto loan or do I pay in full? My credit score as of last month was something like 768. Some input would be greatly appreciated my dudes

What is your budget? How much cash you want to spend or your monthly payment?

Porsche leases aren't that great but super high end luxury leases can sometime be a deal. If you are in the $3500 a month range look at a Rolls. If you are under 2K a month look at a nice S550.

I properly spec Porsche Turbo S will set you back about 250K. The GT3RS is a classic that is a little less and if you don't put any miles on it you might not lose your shit in a few years.

Load Metric
    I know, I know you think this car will up your social circle and girl game.

But there are so many better options than a shitty 718 or Macan.

If you are looking for just pure head turning sports car, spend 25-30k on a nicely redone 65-69 Mustang Convertible. It's cooler in a much more Renaissance Man kind of way, that I know you strive to achieve. Plus way more affordable to service. It's lines are still incredibly well done, even on a 50+ year old car.

Instead of a Macan buy a Jaguar F Pace, way better vehicle and still carries the Jaguar label and handles the Northeast weather much better.

Lastly, if you really want a sports car, buy an Alfa Romeo 4C. It's unique, it's fast, and it's sexy without carrying the Porsche douche label that you would have to carry around.

All 3 of my suggestions are not only head turners, but then guys wouldn't immediately presume you are a giant dickwad.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I won a red Cayman S in 2009 in a charity raffle. I was very excited until I drove it. The acceleration was boring at best, and every bump in the road felt like a 2 foot pot hole. I sold it two weeks later, and have no regrets. Very overrated and over price for a car. Plus I felt like a douche bag with a little dick while driving it.

Get a Mercedes or BMW sedan, It will pull just as many chicks, and you wont look like you are trying too hard.

Name:  2017-E-SEDAN-009-MCFO.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  32.0 KB

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurker View Post
    I won a red Cayman S in 2009 in a charity raffle. I was very excited until I drove it. The acceleration was boring at best, and every bump in the road felt like a 2 foot pot hole. I sold it two weeks later, and have no regrets. Very overrated and over price for a car. Plus I felt like a douche bag with a little dick while driving it.

Get a Mercedes or BMW sedan, It will pull just as many chicks, and you wont look like you are trying too hard.

Name:  2017-E-SEDAN-009-MCFO.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  32.0 KB
    Couldn't agree more.

A mate got a Porcshe Cayman and I was totally pumped for a spin in it. After wrestling to get in the cramped seat and looking at the dated dashboard and crappy instruments, I thought I could forgive it on the road as "drivers car". Get on the move - damn thing is noisy (and not in a good way), backbraking over bumps -- and -- not even that fast!

Took said mate out in my boring diesel family saloon (Audi A6) and he's "Fuck this is fast". Turns out the Cayman is 6.8 seconds to 60mph and my Audi is 5.3 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Negotiate a car allowance and lease only... DO NOT buy. Any car you buy you'll be sick of after a year if you're even remotely vain (which I'm guessing very much so). Max 2 year leases. Yes, the monthly nut is steep but you'll always be riding in the latest technology.

I've never leased an exotic but have driven luxury sedans (Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Lexus) for the last 15 years. My line of work required more than two seats so I can't recommend any of those. My favorite's have been Audi S7 followed closely by MB E550. Hated my BMW and Lexus is just too boring.

I believe cmoney has an R8 so maybe he could offer a review. I hear great things about them.

BTW, my second vehicle is an F150 and I'd take that over any of the above.

But you're young, will be 20 years before you'll appreciate the beauty of owning a good pick-up.

Even without the car allowance leasing is your play here.

Load Metric
    You've never bought a car Krypt. You're considering a Porsche - not a Jaguar F-Type. Already I see you need my help.

It's charming to follow a young man's struggles with adulthood while bound by conventional thinking and a complete lack of financial aptitude.

You've got a checklist. That's a start. Number one isn't performance. You want to get laid.

For the price of an Accord you can get a 1996 Rolls Royce Silver Spur. This is the stretched version of the Silver Spirit.

Name:  IMG_0013.JPG
Views: 239
Size:  154.3 KB

Seek out a landau roof. It's in keeping with the period. Another period touch - lighted ash trays abound in the car. What do kids do with spent roaches and blunts today? Hookers will appreciate this feature.

For the same amount of money your prospective Porsche will depreciate first year you can hire a negro to chauffeur you. Maybe your parents will lend you one of theirs. I don't know whether I would trust you with one of mine. I digress.

Point out to your lady friends the hood ornament is called "The Spirit of Ecstacy".

Name:  IMG_0014.JPG
Views: 197
Size:  39.2 KB

Try to prove this wrong.

Comments

simply1: PFA's Dylan Thomas

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Buy a dealership. As a kid, a friend's dad was a dealer and he whenever we got a lift it came with that new car smell. Priceless

Thread Information