Thread: Apartment Furniture

Load Metric

Apartment Furniture

Need to furnish a 1 BR luxury unit. Suggestions welcome (no ikea) and I alrdy have the wall art/ceramics/ carpets covered.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Need to furnish a 1 BR luxury unit. Suggestions welcome (no ikea) and I alrdy have the wall art/ceramics/ carpets covered.

joybird; you get solid, grownup furniture at about 50% what it costs to have it made otherwise.

free swatch samples as well.

Comments

Krypt: Excellent
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's trending here.......soy bean bags

Load Metric
    Ikea has great selection although you likely aren't smart enough to put it together.

Comments

nunbeater: burrrrrn

Load Metric
    Long term or temp?

I rented furniture for 6 months when I first moved to Florida and it was great. Obviously don't go to rent a center or one of the other rent to own rip off stores google corporate living.

Load Metric
    I feel like krypt is gonna be a future bird owner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Long term or temp?

I rented furniture for 6 months when I first moved to Florida and it was great. Obviously don't go to rent a center or one of the other rent to own rip off stores google corporate living.
    This is kind of a funny response but there is a germ of wisdom here.

People actually rent apartments as a housing alternative. Not just a short term bridge - this is exactly how Krypt should view his game.

You have three powerful assets: time, money, you're single.

Your impulse is gonna be to have a nice place. Especially if you grew up in a nice place. Gotta keep up appearances and impress people. You know what impresses people - over the long haul - wealth.

Let's dismiss this furniture thing immediately.

It seems to be difficult to choose without knowing the person that the furniture is for.

You haven't met that person yet. Don't kid yourself that your opinion about decorating has any value when you're in a relationship. It's the old "happy wife, happy life" bit of wisdom. If you're a slow learner she's gonna take half the furniture you selected anyway.

Used or IKEA. Get the used stuff professionally cleaned and move on. You got the fucking internet. Use the time normally spent on Ashley Madison and scan used stuff for sale.

If you signed a one year lease you should have used that commitment of time to buy a multi family. I know your hands are soft and uncalloused. You have no skills.

You already fucked up with this apartment thing. Use this time to network with contractor type kids. There isn't an electrician or carpenter that is worth his salt that doesn't have an investment property.

You see this kids F150 and Carhartt work jacket and you dismiss him. Buy him a beer. Get to know him. You're the muscle (lol) and capital.

Fact: You think of yourself as the effete metrosexual and know you have no mechanical game. 20 years from now you will out of necessity pick up home ownership maintenance skills. Face your fears now and dive in.

You live in one half of a two family for a year or two and move on.

Even if you are stupid and fearful enough to dismiss this advice (I hope this post haunts you 20 years from now) you then have two remaining assets: time & money. There are other long term investments unique to this economy. You will never get the time element back.

I got a young son just out of college making good money. I never dole out life advice as explicitly as I have here. His natural reflex would be to do the opposite. But he's watched how I roll and he knows the value of a bankroll.

Kid is still driving the shit box I gave him in high school. All his friends are rolling beautiful vehicles I am sure are leased. He still lives rent free at home - although he's rarely here. He ain't buying expensive cologne or designer clothes. He's traveling a bit when he can but that's sharp. Do that while you are free to roam.

The kid is building a roll. Love it.

Load Metric
    This has got me going....

The blue collar thing. Hanging out and networking with trades kids. Going to a local gin mill instead of a faggot martini bar.

You want to learn about being an entrepreneur. Listen to these guys talk about getting stiffed on jobs. Listen to their stories about their trucks getting broken into and all their tools stolen. They would love to bid a job but they don't have the capital.

There will be opportunity in spades. You will also learn something. They are miles ahead of you in terms of business acumen where the rubber meets the road.

Then go back to your fluorescent lit cubicle and your salary job and consider if there is opportunity as a partner or investor.

Even if you get blown up going in with one of these guys you will get an education about small business you just won't get otherwise. Bonding, bidding, cash flow, partnerships.

I guarantee this is Pooh's story, as an example.

Comments

Tellafriend: sage advice; per usual

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    I just dont trust online furniture stores that dont display prices.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Tine they had Krypt hooked at hooker.

Although he was disappointed at the lack of women in the heir photos of the furniture.

Thread Information