Thread: COMPUTER GEEKS, IS THIS TRUE?

Load Metric

COMPUTER GEEKS, IS THIS TRUE?

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/m...143308866.html

In a recent interview on Bloomberg TV, Cuban warned that even people with in-demand skills like computer coding could soon be displaced.

“That might have been a great job a few years ago, but you might be out of work in five years,” he said, citing what he called “the automation of automation,” where computers learn how to write software better than humans can.

I find it funny how people in the computer coding biz think their job will last forever as long as there are computers on this planet. The most hilarious part is that they have been working fiercely to make themselves obsolete.

One of the first jobs to be made obsolete WILL probably be coding, i mean who better to fix a computer then an artificial intelligence that operates in a computer.

If there is an error no one faces immediate risk of death, not like an autonomous 18 wheeler crashing and killing people due to errors in the program.

Comments

LegallyNonBindingPosts: pfa's village idiot. time to noose yourself.
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    It could happen to certain segments.. I'd imagine the middleware market would be particularly vulnerable.

Its an interesting theory, in any case.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Tine, what kind of career advice would you give a senior in highschool looking to make good money after college?

Load Metric
    oh lolz now it's "tine" when jewlips needs something. Didn't you just recently call "tine" a fat fuck in the Trump thread?

Load Metric
    I also called him a pedophile and an obese sow that makes his Filipino boyfriend shave his balls, so whats your point dicklick it was a valid question.

Comments

LegallyNonBindingPosts: pfa's village idiot. time to noose yourself.

Load Metric
    Touche

Load Metric
    or in the words of the sensei COGE

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post
    Tine, what kind of career advice would you give a senior in highschool looking to make good money after college?
    In tech?

I dropped out of college after a year and I do red team pen test engagements for a fortune 50 now. Being a motivated independent learner is the path to glory. My advice is to find some shit that fascinates them and lean into it obsessively. If they do that and have no debilitating social skills issues, they will be fine....

.....you know, until Trump drags a razor blade across the economies quivering belly.

Comments

Mintjewlips: Druff but fair

Sanlmar: Great post

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I have seen the elusive & previously believed mythical Amazon red software employee badge

Honestly, what is the half life of tech people

It confounds my understanding of tech types that you are able to reign in your mouth at work.

Big swinging dicks in tech with the gift for language are god. "Soul of the New Machine" was written around these characters back in the day.

I woulda settled to be a janitor in your Dept simply to be a fly on the wall if you ran there like you do here.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 02-21-2017 at 01:50 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I have seen the elusive & previously believed mythical Amazon red software employee badge

Honestly, what is the half life of tech people

It confounds my understanding of tech types that you are able to reign in your mouth at work.

Big swinging dicks in tech with the gift for language are god. "Soul of the New Machine" was written around these characters back in the day.

I would settled to be a janitor in your Dept simply to be a fly on the wall if you ran there like you do here.

Around 10 years. Lots of techs get "priced out" after being around so long. Best advice to OP, get into management as soon as possible. Or get into sales. For most, a career as an engineer is a slow death. Well paid but not permanent

Its like poker, its a young mans game.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    yeah honestly if you have the stomach and aptitude for it, management can be a great schtick but its also kind of a musical chairs gig. its not as bad as sales but if your team doesnt produce or you end up in charge of a lemon product or your just working for a shite company, you're living in hell and youre going to die in hell.

the people i know who thrived in management were contract PMs. those are the cats who make 2 years of my salary in 6 months then get paid an extra 2 years of my salary as a bonus to not work for the competition for another 6 months.

but they are also outrageously good at their jobs so...

also if youre a manager for a technical team, you better know your tech shit real good. as in you used to be an admin/engineer and 'graduated' to a management roll.

Load Metric
    Learn to program a CNC machine, get a job at Boeing in WA. job forever, decent pay and benefits.
    Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 02-21-2017 at 07:51 PM.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Thread Information