Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nobody's talking about it, but Los Angeles might get hit with its rainiest day ever on Friday

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

Not int he daytime but it gets cold at night being the desert you missed the point above where it tends to drop into the upper 30s and low 40s at night and rather quickly once the sun goes down.. Wife bitches if it gets below 70 in the house so we compromise..
    Fair enough. But doesn't your house retain enough heat to make it through the night? I guess they're all different.
    I bet his house is made of some sort of adobo clay.

it does not retain heat.

Hey FTP, do you put mason jars on all the bed frames and chairs bc scorpions can't climb glass?
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

Fair enough. But doesn't your house retain enough heat to make it through the night? I guess they're all different.

it does not retain heat.

Hey FTP, do you put mason jars on all the bed frames and chairs bc scorpions can't climb glass?
    Oddly int he 2 yrs Ive been in my house here in the East Valley haven't seen any scorpions in the Neighborhood.. Could be because the subdivision backs up to the 202 which isn't bad noisewise with the huge sound walls they have up and I'm far enough away from them.. Bigger concern is actually rattlers around here although not as bad as Scottsdale when I lived there back in 2013/2014.. but yes its true people have been known to put mason jars around their feet of the bed to keep scorpions from climbing into their bed.. My wifes been here 10yrs in AZ and only had one hit from a scorpion..

As for the heat issue its weird the house absorbs heat int he daytime and loses it at night.. Dunno if part of it is due to the fact its 20yrs old..I think its just shitty insulation for the most part.. Its so bad that at times it can be hotter downstairs then upstairs in the summertime which is why I Have to keep the AC set at 74 because it can get u p to 80 downstairs and that's about as warm as I prefer int he house..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post

it does not retain heat.

Oddly int he 2 yrs Ive been in my house here in the East Valley haven't seen any scorpions in the Neighborhood.. Could be because the subdivision backs up to the 202 which isn't bad noisewise with the huge sound walls they have up and I'm far enough away from them.. Bigger concern is actually rattlers around here although not as bad as Scottsdale when I lived there back in 2013/2014.. but yes its true people have been known to put mason jars around their feet of the bed to keep scorpions from climbing into their bed.. My wifes been here 10yrs in AZ and only had one hit from a scorpion..

As for the heat issue its weird the house absorbs heat int he daytime and loses it at night.. Dunno if part of it is due to the fact its 20yrs old..I think its just shitty insulation for the most part.. Its so bad that at times it can be hotter downstairs then upstairs in the summertime which is why I Have to keep the AC set at 74 because it can get u p to 80 downstairs and that's about as warm as I prefer int he house..
    I lived in AZ for a bit and once when getting out of bed in the middle of the night to hit the john, I picked up something in the dark that tickled my foot. Thinking it was a small piece of paper, I immediately crushed it in my hand without much of a thought, only to realize as I threw it away that it was a scorpion. Dead, but I guess it wasn't fast enough to sting me before I unleased the grip of death on it.

P.S. The house had cinder block construction with lots of cracks in the mortar, so we used to find scorpions inside on a regular basis. After we used that glass powder around the base of the house, we never saw another scorpion inside again.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Here's the follow up to that-

http://www.latimes.com/local/califor...htmlstory.html

Fortunately for Vegas, I-15 is still open in a limited capacity.

Also, those Facebook comments are fucking ridiculous. Clearly Jerry Brown and the Democrats are responsible for the soil composition of the desert.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    I live in LA and haven't heard anything about this pending storm. I guess if it happens, the drought will be officially over.
    Name:  20170222_104308.png
Views: 138
Size:  712.1 KB

Even if the drought was over they will never tell you imo.

I have a feeling it wont be the last time this happens in that area, brace yourselves.
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    It will take an earthquake to stop the umbrella whining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    literally nothing worse than east coast and midwest fags who go SIXTY DEGREES??? THATS SHORTS WEATHER YOU PUSSIES

like honestly stop now
    I used to work at UCLA, and predictably every year right around New Years you would suddenly large numbers of pasty white obese fans of whatever Big 10 school made it that particular year walking around campus. And they were always wearing shorts and tshirts for their particular school, no matter how cold it was.

Thread Information