Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Coping w/Severe Depression & Regrets (Venting)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Marty when you said you were going to go on the boat for an extended period, I did think the hardest part of this for you would be leaving Tommy.

You must be close to finishing your 4 month stint soon - what are your plans once you have some free time back?
    yes how is tommy doing?
    lol @ that video of him just running around the house in circles going nuts I watched it at least 5 times and just loled everytime

Comments

tyde: Tommy is the BEST

Load Metric
    Makes sense why you are feeling especially down. New job, trump winning, sober time. It's been going very well but now your work coming to possible end and you have to look at next steps along with facing reality of past choices. Even positive change can be stressful. Hang in there.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    With the sole exception of Larry staying true to form, I want to extend my sincere thanks for all the positive feedback and insight offered.

Its all very much appreciated, trust me

Depression is a real bitch, but so is life for that matter

I will say that I'm taking an extremely bold step very shortly to confront aspects of my life that have become unmanageable, and will definitely share all the details with this community when the opportunity presents itself.

I guess its fair to characterize as a 'blockbuster' turn of events that will certainly not disappoint.

Stay tuned, and thanks to all for the thoughtful replies and encouragement
    We are all looking forward to hearing more. When does your next boat assignment start?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Marty -
    Does this mean you are telling me you're sorry for your behavior towards me?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    Marty -

I don't see a single reference in my post reaching out to apologize to forum community scumbags.

If you had a set of balls, you'd be posting openly as fuhoser...but you choose to play the dupe card

No, you're not 'forgiven' because you're a backstabbing creep badmouthing me repeatedly.

Post a public apology on PFA to me and I might consider speaking to you again if I'm in the mood to be forgiving that day

I will probably tell you to eat shit and die anyway

Banned
    Load Metric
    I hate the fact that my last post is so unforgiving, but Brian aka fuhoser aka his current dupe has been a borderline stalker who goes dark for months until I post, then when I contribute , he suddenly reappears with some scathing critique and character assassination posting under an alias nobody recognizes because when he posted as fuhoser he got his shit packed in by the entire community. No wonder he loves dupes.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    There has been some good thoughts provided in this thread.

I am going to offer one idea that may be helpful to you. I cannot clearly explain why so I won’t try.

In your spare time set aside, a weekend to a week, at a time when you are not working to help some of the true unfortunates in life. In your travels you may be able to find some great opportunities.

I had a friend who provided support for an orphanage in Thailand. I do not mean he sent a few dollars each month and got an update letter. He lived there for some time and became personally involved, never officially. You may see some of the darkest side of humanity or at least the consequences in a place like that. Due to one of your prior posts you may be hesitant because of that thought. I think that going and helping in whatever capacity you are able to offer will provide benefits that far outweigh the downside.

The orphanage is something that is too complex for me to concisely describe. Some days I feel like someone shirking a responsibility due to not doing more. But I am thankful for what I gained in the experience.

I had another friend who, due to some strange, random circumstances became involved in the Special Olympics. All I will say is that I learned a lot about being happy and enjoying life from a bunch of retard’s.

The only advice I offer would be to NOT go through many of the publicized organizations. There are many places, especially in poorer countries, that work hard, from the heart and for all the right reasons that really need help. Some may be sceptical in the beginning and whether they say it explicitly or not you will be on probation. However, these places desperately need help and assistance and will not usually outright turn you away. From what I have gleaned about you I believe you could do wonderfully in these circumstances. Your cooking expertise would be greatly appreciated. Your organizational skills etc. would all be put to use after a get to know you period. Just go and do.

I hope you don’t laugh or shrug this off as nonsensical. It is an experience that is beneficially life changing.

Wish you well.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NEVER BEEN View Post

I had another friend who, due to some strange, random circumstances became involved in the Special Olympics. All I will say is that I learned a lot about being happy and enjoying life from a bunch of retard’s.
    l.

Not bad advice, but this made me laugh

Comments

big dick: goat comedy

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NEVER BEEN View Post
    There has been some good thoughts provided in this thread.

I am going to offer one idea that may be helpful to you. I cannot clearly explain why so I won’t try.

In your spare time set aside, a weekend to a week, at a time when you are not working to help some of the true unfortunates in life. In your travels you may be able to find some great opportunities.

I had a friend who provided support for an orphanage in Thailand. I do not mean he sent a few dollars each month and got an update letter. He lived there for some time and became personally involved, never officially. You may see some of the darkest side of humanity or at least the consequences in a place like that. Due to one of your prior posts you may be hesitant because of that thought. I think that going and helping in whatever capacity you are able to offer will provide benefits that far outweigh the downside.

The orphanage is something that is too complex for me to concisely describe. Some days I feel like someone shirking a responsibility due to not doing more. But I am thankful for what I gained in the experience.

The only advice I offer would be to NOT go through many of the publicized organizations. There are many places, especially in poorer countries, that work hard, from the heart and for all the right reasons that really need help. Some may be sceptical in the beginning and whether they say it explicitly or not you will be on probation. However, these places desperately need help and assistance and will not usually outright turn you away. From what I have gleaned about you I believe you could do wonderfully in these circumstances. Your cooking expertise would be greatly appreciated. Your organizational skills etc. would all be put to use after a get to know you period. Just go and do.

I hope you don’t laugh or shrug this off as nonsensical. It is an experience that is beneficially life changing.

Wish you well.

You know none of these activities look like fun at all..... NO hookers, booze, gambling, fucking poker, dogs, jeeps still have the jeep marty?...weed, smokes, good tequila not the shitty mexican stuff.

I think marty wants to change a few things about his life but he isnt gone nuts.
    The poor guy has been on anboat for four months dude he aint going to have time for any of that kind of stuff for quite a bit.... i would think.

EDIT: all that said marty aint going to push a old lady to get into the strip club and he will always have a few sheckles for some less fortunate of course, so don't get the wrong idea. He does his part ok?
    Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 02-12-2017 at 01:05 AM.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    I hate the fact that my last post is so unforgiving, but Brian aka fuhoser aka his current dupe has been a borderline stalker who goes dark for months until I post, then when I contribute , he suddenly reappears with some scathing critique and character assassination posting under an alias nobody recognizes because when he posted as fuhoser he got his shit packed in by the entire community. No wonder he loves dupes.
    Really? You are one sad, paranoid creep.

Comments

Tellafriend: Look, it's Loser Larry's alter-ego, just in time.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GringoStar View Post
    Really? You are one sad, paranoid creep.
    He really is. I'm sure he'll accuse you of being me.

If I were to force him to describe what I did to him, he'd be at a loss.

He started a thread up about me, trying to out me with a mixture of things he deemed embarrassing and bullshit he'd been told. He will gladly fuck over anyone if he thinks it'll bring him more attention. I believe that came after I sent a sincere condolences for Winnie.

I've posted on and off on here for years, under only 1 account. I don't try and hide who I am, but I don't think most people are from around back then.

What a weirdo. I posted several times days ago, yet Marty thinks I troll around looking after him. Anyone can read my post history and see it has very little to do with Marty.

Nothing has changed here folks. This is just another variation of the 'me me me' theme. Marty will never change. The mental illness goes far beyond depression. I would suggest anyone who doesn't already know Marty to not think you'll enjoy his company unless you just love babbling drunkards.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Marty -

I don't see a single reference in my post reaching out to apologize to forum community scumbags.

If you had a set of balls, you'd be posting openly as fuhoser...but you choose to play the dupe card

No, you're not 'forgiven' because you're a backstabbing creep badmouthing me repeatedly.

Post a public apology on PFA to me and I might consider speaking to you again if I'm in the mood to be forgiving that day

I apologize for being really mean to you after you decided to randomly attack me for no reason.

I apologize for https://twitter.com/martydoesvegas but do not for a second think I created that account or posted most of the messages on there. The password was sent to me at some point.

Banned
    Load Metric

I apologize for being really mean to you after you decided to randomly attack me for no reason.

I apologize for https://twitter.com/martydoesvegas but do not for a second think I created that account or posted most of the messages on there. The password was sent to me at some point.

How thoughtful of you to include a link to a forgotten, idle, fake twitter account dedicated to impersonating me denying you had nothing to do with its inception or content.

Brian you make my skin crawl

Over the last decade +....I've met at least a dozen posters from within this community...

You are the nut low

Gold
    Load Metric

How thoughtful of you to include a link to a forgotten, idle, fake twitter account dedicated to impersonating me denying you had nothing to do with its inception or content.

Brian you make my skin crawl

Over the last decade +....I've met at least a dozen posters from within this community...

You are the nut low
    That is why you were begging me to buy a ticket to San Diego to move into that Mexican slum on the beach with you ?

I think that was the last time we talked on the phone in a serious manner.

That twitter is funny. Honestly, I have nothing to apologize for except being mean to you after you asked for it. I am ruthless though, but you deserve no better.

Enjoy the rest of your life, young Martin. You're going to need all the help you can get.

Load Metric
    There are a lot of ways these days to fix a brain that isnt working properly. Diet, exercise, change of lifestyle, limiting the booze/drugs, etc. I drink WAY to much and notice that it effects how anxious I am. This is because I am basically going through a form of alcohol withdrawal every time i stop. The anxiety is worse the more I drink because my brain makes less "feel good" chemicals. But I accepted this as one of the side effects of drinking, and I am ok with it. To discount how much alcohol can exasperate depression and anxiety is being naive . So many people I know have fixed depression/anxiety issues when they stopped drinking or cut way back. There are obviously a ton of other factors including having a purpose, exercise, family, friends blah blah blah. But it is hard to look at these if your brain chemistry is constantly a mess because of substances.

Maybe some day through some medical breakthrough we will be able to give our brains a "free lunch" when it comes to how we treat it. But for now, overwhelmingly, nature gives no free rides and your brains pays a price for over indulging.

With that said, some people simply need medicine to boost the "feel good" neurotransmitters. They have either fucked up their brains to the point they cant be repaired or genetics/life experiences have given them a brain that needs the help.

Comments

BiffCo99:
    Last edited by cmoney; 02-12-2017 at 05:16 AM.
    :freelewfather

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    There are a lot of ways these days to fix a brain that isnt working properly. Diet, exercise, change of lifestyle, limiting the booze/drugs, etc. I drink WAY to much and notice that it effects how anxious I am. This is because I am basically going through a form of alcohol withdrawal every time i stop. The anxiety is worse the more I drink because my brain makes less "feel good" chemicals. But I accepted this as one of the side effects of drinking, and I am ok with it. To discount how much alcohol can exasperate depression and anxiety is being naive . So many people I know have fixed depression/anxiety issues when they stopped drinking or cut way back. There are obviously a ton of other factors including having a purpose, exercise, family, friends blah blah blah. But it is hard to look at these if your brain chemistry is constantly a mess because of substances.

Maybe some day through some medical breakthrough we will be able to give our brains a "free lunch" when it comes to how we treat it. But for now, overwhelmingly, nature gives no free rides and your brains pays a price for over indulging.

With that said, some people simply need medicine to boost the "feel good" neurotransmitters. They have either fucked up their brains to the point they cant be repaired or genetics have given them a brain that needs the help.
    I suspect that people like us who like to drink real heavy have a more anti-depressant effect from booze. I agree about depression. Booze just makes it all a constant up/down cycle.

It is worse with Marty because I suspect he fucks up a lot of friendships with his drunkenness.

Comments

tyde: Drinking sure as shit beats slamming heroin

Banned
    Load Metric

With that said, some people simply need medicine to boost the "feel good" neurotransmitters. They have either fucked up their brains to the point they cant be repaired or genetics have given them a brain that needs the help.

Spot on post as usual

Im posting a follow up to my OP in a few days which will light this place up like a fucking Christmas tree.

The coalition with alcohol and depression is difficult to explain...both tend to feed each other, and it never ends well

Load Metric

I suspect that people like us who like to drink real heavy have a more anti-depressant effect from booze. I agree about depression. Booze just makes it all a constant up/down cycle.

It is worse with Marty because I suspect he fucks up a lot of friendships with his drunkenness.
    That is a good point. It does seem to work differently for different people. I drink to make things/people more interesting. So yes, it is definitely a form of an anti depressant for me. It also slows things down and helps me focus. It is all about balancing it with other things which is obviously easier said than done.

“It has been said that alcohol is a good servant and a bad master. Nice try. The plain fact is that it makes other people, and indeed life itself, a good deal less boring.”

― Christopher Hitchens, Everyday Drinking

Hitchens died because of alcoholism and smoking (cancer). He gambled on this lifestyle and probably died 10-15 years early. Before his death he was asked about his lifestyle. He said he wouldnt have changed a thing, as it all made his life better. That is kind of how I feel. We are on this rock for such a short period of time. I rather have 60 years of enjoying life then 70 years with a lot of boredom mixed in.
    Last edited by cmoney; 02-12-2017 at 05:22 AM.

Load Metric

Spot on post as usual

Im posting a follow up to my OP in a few days which will light this place up like a fucking Christmas tree.

The coalition with alcohol and depression is difficult to explain...both tend to feed each other, and it never ends well
    They definitely feed each other which is why it is so hard to stop especially if you have been over doing it for a long time. I was super impressed that you were able to do all that time on the ship . No chance I could have been that disciplined. So it definitely shows you have control/will power when you put your mind to it. Good luck with the fight.

Wait...so Marty is gonna completely turn it around at age 70? Well, call me skeptical.

Thread Information