Thread: PokerStars announces changes, including "SeatMe" function and takes away ability to rail live cash tables

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

PokerStars announces changes, including "SeatMe" function and takes away ability to rail live cash tables

These were the considerations we undertook before announcing today the introduction of Seat Me which aims to improve our ring game seating process by making it smoother, quicker and fairer. Seat Me eliminates the ability of players to pick their tables and seats at the tables, and will instead get them straight into the action automatically once a game and stake has been chosen. We will be testing this new functionality soon, on PokerStars.es, and will review the results of this trial before considering potential future use of Seat Me in other markets.
    Seat Me will:
    • Greatly reduce the ability to bumhunt
    • Prevent seating scripts and level the playing field by undermining those few players using software that allows them to unfairly prey on less experienced players
    • Mimic the live poker experience of random table and seat selection
    • Introduce potential time penalties to reduce game disruption caused by players constantly switching tables, stealing blinds or refusing to play certain opponents

While this means live observation of ring game tables will no longer be possible, railbirds will still be able to observe ring game action through rolling highlights of key hands, with Team PokerStars Pros' play weighted to appear at the top of feeds to enable fans to locate and watch them more easily.
    https://www.pokerstars.com/en/blog/c...t-164866.shtml
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Who the hell is the moron siting in the Amaya office who thinks of shit like "Let's take away all the good publicity Pokerstars has got over the years from allowing people to rail the nosebleeds to not being able to"?

These owners really are trying to sabotage the network they purchased unless their really are people this fucking stupid in the world.

You can reduce bum hunting a lot of ways where you aren't taking this away from those people who like to watch high stakes action with some having the dream to be playing that high one day.

Load Metric
    Won't the ability not to view games take away pokertracker as well? I don't mean in entierty but there was always a viewer no matter what the stakes leading to speculation that being tracked.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Who the hell is the moron siting in the Amaya office who thinks of shit like "Let's take away all the good publicity Pokerstars has got over the years from allowing people to rail the nosebleeds to not being able to"?

These owners really are trying to sabotage the network they purchased unless their really are people this fucking stupid in the world.

You can reduce bum hunting a lot of ways where you aren't taking this away from those people who like to watch high stakes action with some having the dream to be playing that high one day.
    people haven't railed games for years

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

people haven't railed games for years

People still do rail a bit when someone like Isildur is playing but it's definitely down due to the huge games not running that much because of regulations in various countries in the world drying a lot of them nosebleeds up as well as Stars greed with rake increases and their rewards system.

When I was young and just getting started in poker a long time ago I enjoyed watching a high stakes game or two on the side while playing my much smaller games on the side. Their are ways you don't have to take this away and help with the bum hunting issue.

Unless they force people to play "x" orbits around the table if someone draws a bad random seat they are just going to leave. It says their could be punishments for this but I wonder what really will it be?

Thread Information