Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Druff & Friends Show Thread for 01/18/2017 *** $112 FREEROLL *** Marc Klang special interview

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Why is Srsly taking shit for doing work for Polk, Selbst or whoever?

Is he not allowed to make a little money without scrutiny from people he doesn't even know.

What am I missing, who is he hurting?
    I think it's because he said he was part of the "team" that advised WGC not to interview Klang.

Hoping srsly explains his thinking here...what does WGC have to lose by interviewing this guy?

Not up on the story tbh. I'll butt out shut up then.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Got to be said: I usually find the technical fails of the show entertaining for the unintended drama and expressed angst, but this time... Ugh. Druff, given you considerable experience running the show from "a secret location", I was a bit surprised how quiet your sound was versus the co-hosts and callers. To hear you clearly, I had to jack my radio volume almost to the max. But then someone else would speak, and BOOM, the speakers would nearly rattle. But then again, I listened to the archive of the show using iTunes. Did anyone else experience this?
    texted todd pretty early in the show about this, he then got back to me after, saying he had missed the text.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SysOp View Post
    Got to be said: I usually find the technical fails of the show entertaining for the unintended drama and expressed angst, but this time... Ugh. Druff, given you considerable experience running the show from "a secret location", I was a bit surprised how quiet your sound was versus the co-hosts and callers. To hear you clearly, I had to jack my radio volume almost to the max. But then someone else would speak, and BOOM, the speakers would nearly rattle. But then again, I listened to the archive of the show using iTunes. Did anyone else experience this?
    texted todd pretty early in the show about this, he then got back to me after, saying he had missed the text.
    I'm guessing it would have taken too much time to fix before the scheduled interview with Klang, which was fantastic, btw. I went back and listened to it again this afternoon.

IMO, if those assholes can't pay him back soon, Klang should be given significant stakes in their poker outings going forward as if he had invested in them until he is paid back what they owe plus an equity markup for each year he has to wait to get paid back (e.g. 10%/year).
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    lots of criticism of the laugh track.

honestly tho. honestly.

its fucking cancer.

Comments

wrenchjockey: I simply can not green rep this enough.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    lots of criticism of the laugh track.

honestly tho. honestly.

its fucking cancer.
    That, and it's literally NEVER timed even anywhere close. It's like...

Druff says something he thinks is funny. <painful three seconds goes by> . Ear Cancer Laugh Track.

I listen to the radio show rarely, I want to stab my ears out with a 7-tine pitch fork whenever I hear it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I try to be a man of the people, when it comes to the radio show. If there's something which is mostly disliked, I get rid of it. I remember having these arguments with Micon back in the NWP/DD days, where he demanded we continue doing certain very unpopular segments, and I told him that we needed to stop doing any segment which the audience hated, no matter how much he personally liked it. He didn't agree.

The laugh track is a tough one, because I think it has a place in the show, especially when used derisively/sarcastically.

Still, if it were mostly hated, I would get rid of it. However, whenever I talk about doing away with it (and I actually did kill it for awhile, a few years back), I get text messages and PMs the other way. "I love the laugh track", "It's one of my favorite things in the show", etc. You may think these are people trolling me, but they're totally serious.

When I walk the dog and put on the call-to-listen line to hear a random episode being played, sometimes I'll hear the laugh track and really enjoy it. Other times I will cringe and feel it was poorly timed or placed, but most of its usage seems to work well, at least when I listen back. That's my opinion, of course, and it's very biased because I'm basically evaluating my own work. But I should note that there are plenty of times I go back and hear a past show, and think "Wow, this segment sucked" or "I don't sound very good on this day", so I'm not just patting myself on the back all the time.

I will keep in mind the laugh track criticism, though, and maybe tone down its usage.

Comments

JSTAT: I love the laugh track too!

MumblesBadly: Ditto what JSTAT said!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Regarding the sound levels, whenever I'm in a secret location, I have to plug in an external sound card and use a headset. For whatever reason, my volume is always a little bit low when I do this, even if I crank myself all the way up.

What's weird is that the internet sound card (which DOES have a stereo mix feature) has a flaw to where the microphone is even softer -- to where I would be so soft that it would be nearly unlistenable. This works in my normal broadcast location where I have external (but bulky) amplification equipment, but not good for secret locations. That's why I use the external card, which is better, yet still has volume issues.

The co-hosts are louder because I didn't estimate properly how much I had to turn them down. Next show from a secret location, I will turn the co-hosts down, so at least they are equal to me. Trust me, it is super-tilting to me to listen back and hear bad volume equivalence. Maybe I will try to edit it later and see if there's anything I can do, at least to turn down the co-hosts by limiting the max volume on the whole thing.

If any of you can help -- maybe point me to some third party tools which artificially boost the microphone higher -- that would be great.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SysOp View Post

I'm guessing it would have taken too much time to fix before the scheduled interview with Klang, which was fantastic, btw. I went back and listened to it again this afternoon.

IMO, if those assholes can't pay him back soon, Klang should be given significant stakes in their poker outings going forward as if he had invested in them until he is paid back what they owe plus an equity markup for each year he has to wait to get paid back (e.g. 10%/year).
    Name:  Screenshot_20170119-195439.png
Views: 392
Size:  148.8 KB

Load Metric
    Regarding the sound levels, whenever I'm in a secret location, I have to plug in an external sound card and use a headset. For whatever reason, my volume is always a little bit low when I do this, even if I crank myself all the way up.

What's weird is that the internet sound card (which DOES have a stereo mix feature) has a flaw to where the microphone is even softer -- to where I would be so soft that it would be nearly unlistenable. This works in my normal broadcast location where I have external (but bulky) amplification equipment, but not good for secret locations. That's why I use the external card, which is better, yet still has volume issues.

The co-hosts are louder because I didn't estimate properly how much I had to turn them down. Next show from a secret location, I will turn the co-hosts down, so at least they are equal to me. Trust me, it is super-tilting to me to listen back and hear bad volume equivalence. Maybe I will try to edit it later and see if there's anything I can do, at least to turn down the co-hosts by limiting the max volume on the whole thing.

If any of you can help -- maybe point me to some third party tools which artificially boost the microphone higher -- that would be great.

audacity is good, but it may be weird bc from what I know and have done with it you would need to have recorded everyone's mic on a different track. Next show, if you can, you should record with audacity and set up everyone's line to be recorded on a different track. I'm sure there's a way to do it, audacity is very user friendly.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric

Agree with Larry about Audacity. And a quick way to semi-equalize softer and louder portions of the audio is to repeatedly use compression followed by lowering volume, then recompessing. But not too many times or it starts sounding overcompressed.

Alternately, have you given any thought to buying a new external sound card? I realize that you may be strapped for cash given your recent contributions to the freeroll, so perhaps some of members could pledge to donate a portion of their future freeroll winnings to you towards getting a new one.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Good - Excellent job with the Klang interview.

The only part of the story I personally would have pressed on was why the 5 alleged deadbeats decided to call him employer to get him fired. If I owe you a % of $500K what upside would there be to calling your employer and get you fired? If anything that's just a reason to Make Klang go Scorched earth.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Good - Excellent job with the Klang interview.

The only part of the story I personally would have pressed on was why the 5 alleged deadbeats decided to call him employer to get him fired. If I owe you a % of $500K what upside would there be to calling your employer and get you fired? If anything that's just a reason to Make Klang go Scorched earth.
    I mentioned this as well, because it just doesn't make that much sense to me.

EDIT: I did ask Marc about this as well and he told me that they thought he was going to jail, when I asked him to elaborate more about it he just said it was a long story.

shrugs

Load Metric
    Show was great as usual. Only criticism I have is you were veryyy low while everyone else was at a normal level. I couldn't hear you simply walking down the street in the city...

As for the CZR bankruptcy agreement, like 90% of all corp bankruptcies you'll usually never 100% of people agreeing to a deal, but if you have a super majority (I believe 75/80 %) of the total pool of debtors from that class it will be enough to force the rest to follow and there isn't much they can do.
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Bingo, we have a winner.

Tournament=Radio Donkament
    Number=527
    BuyIn=0+0
    PrizeBonus=12000
    MultiplyBonus=No
    Entrants=44
    Late=12
    Tickets=0
    Removed=0
    Rebuys=0
    AddOns=0
    RebuyCost=0+0
    NetBonus=12000
    StopOnChop=No
    Start=2017-01-18 20:40:15
    Place44=ByeDonk (0)
    Place43=K__t (0)
    Place42=khalwat (0)
    Place41=pokerprince2 (0)
    Place40=Unlearn (0)
    Place39=donken (0)
    Place38=Landon_Mark (0)
    Place37=CroweDiddly (0)
    Place36=WillieStole (0)
    Place35=mdj1980 (0)
    Place34=donkdown911 (0)
    Place33=KitKat (0)
    Place32=TheShrink (0)
    Place31=ManaLeak101 (0)
    Place30=tiltedrock (0)
    Place29=IamGreek (0)
    Place28=hishga (0)
    Place27=ballhawknet (0)
    Place26=thaknuts (0)
    Place25=Gordman (0)
    Place24=ownmatusow (0)
    Place23=wrenchjockey (0)
    Place22=sdouble (0)
    Place21=DrPeters (0)
    Place20=poopypants (0)
    Place19=lurker1998a (0)
    Place18=SamSnead (0)
    Place17=BeerAndPoker (0)
    Place16=PainlessWon (0)
    Place15=v12cl (0)
    Place14=tradershky22 (0)
    Place13=ftpjesus (0)
    Place12=JSTAT (0)
    Place11=snowtracks (0)
    Place10=TOTALLY_TINE (0)
    Place9=lewfather (0)
    Place8=Krypt (600)
    Place7=ipuntstacks (720)
    Place6=DOOOOM (840)
    Place5=Flipper_Fair (960)
    Place4=Reno (1200)
    Place3=sah_24 (1680)
    Place2=shortbuspkr (2400)
    Place1=bingo (3600)
    Stop=2017-01-18 22:50:58
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    good show every one on fire especially Mark Klang, I believe his story for the most part he didn't hesitate with his answers and added some great colour commentary Druff could have milked some great degen stories.

Those guys are fucked and agree with traderski to deal with these guys on a individual bases and work on the guys who owe the least amount of cash... maybe even offer a deal to some one who would be willing to go public with info on the scam to not pay him.

get this guy back on radio ASAP for more degen stories.

also i have some thought on Brandon..... hope he comes back soon.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    good show every one on fire especially Mark Klang, I believe his story for the most part he didn't hesitate with his answers and added some great colour commentary Druff could have milked some great degen stories.

Those guys are fucked and agree with traderski to deal with these guys on a individual bases and work on the guys who owe the least amount of cash... maybe even offer a deal to some one who would be willing to go public with info on the scam to not pay him.

get this guy back on radio ASAP for more degen stories.

also i have some thought on Brandon..... hope he comes back soon.
    Likewise... (In some fashion)...

Comments

YUUP: I wish I could rep you x 100000 for this song

Silver
    Load Metric
    Maybe a bit hard on yourself Druff, I never listen but I have followed that thread.

80% of complaints were from the same bloke.

Other idiots on nvg like east coast balla were singing your praises.

Like you said , you can't please everyone.
    cmoney :It would be nice if Mexico could simply get human feces out of its drinking water

Load Metric

Wait... turning them down doesn't solve the problem of not being able to hear YOU at all unless you're in a none noisy area. I would focus on a way to increase your volume vs decreasing theirs.
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Load Metric
    First time I've listened in a few years. Not because I soured on show, but always saved it for live poker sessions and then didn't want to listen to new shows until I listened to previous like a TV series. My back issues have precluded me from playing live and sitting hours and now I have two years of Druff/Brandon shows.

Anyway, I picked a good one to jump back in. Found the Klang interview really interesting. Believed him for the most part. He could be off a little on his accounting because of being fucked up, but I'm sure he's close.

Few things. Feels like there's more to his story. Not the they owe him money story, but why they think they can fuck him part. Dude sounded like he only had legit decent job for a few years at most yet dropped 250k in live game? Think he may have some other form of income they think they can leverage him on.

Also i can understand why he might assume a Racener was good for hundreds of thousands, but the minute they try buyout at 300k, I'm not playing another hand until they pay me. That was huge red flag. I'd be chill about it, but I give them a few days to get it together and then give them a shot to win it back.

Laughed at whichever co-host wondered if he'd ever done cocaine before. I think yes is a safe bet. Sure, they were plying him with alcohol and coke hoping he'd lose erratically, but no one starts coke because it's comped.

The Bellagio could offer me a mound of meth and I'm not going to be like,"sure, fuck it, it's free!"

I don't love the laugh track, but it doesn't bother me, but you may someday lose a guest who you really want if they get salty at you playing a laugh track when they're out $500k. I was hoping not to hear a hang-up after you played it.

Anyways, well done. Excellent show as always.

Comments

lewfather: 2,000th post and +440 rep, the goat like always.

Sanlmar: The best. Great question, "why did they think they could tuck with him"

Load Metric
    I try to be a man of the people, when it comes to the radio show. If there's something which is mostly disliked, I get rid of it. I remember having these arguments with Micon back in the NWP/DD days, where he demanded we continue doing certain very unpopular segments, and I told him that we needed to stop doing any segment which the audience hated, no matter how much he personally liked it. He didn't agree.

The laugh track is a tough one, because I think it has a place in the show, especially when used derisively/sarcastically.

Still, if it were mostly hated, I would get rid of it. However, whenever I talk about doing away with it (and I actually did kill it for awhile, a few years back), I get text messages and PMs the other way. "I love the laugh track", "It's one of my favorite things in the show", etc. You may think these are people trolling me, but they're totally serious.

When I walk the dog and put on the call-to-listen line to hear a random episode being played, sometimes I'll hear the laugh track and really enjoy it. Other times I will cringe and feel it was poorly timed or placed, but most of its usage seems to work well, at least when I listen back. That's my opinion, of course, and it's very biased because I'm basically evaluating my own work. But I should note that there are plenty of times I go back and hear a past show, and think "Wow, this segment sucked" or "I don't sound very good on this day", so I'm not just patting myself on the back all the time.

I will keep in mind the laugh track criticism, though, and maybe tone down its usage.
    Compare the laugh track to posters like mumbles and laffer. Nobody likes them, most tolerate them for what they are and don't say anything. Some just say fuck it and leave. Trust me, nobody tunes in to listen to the laugh track like nobody logs into this site to read a mumblesbadly post.

Thread Information