Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Druff & Friends Show Thread for 01/18/2017 *** $112 FREEROLL *** Marc Klang special interview

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I try to be a man of the people, when it comes to the radio show. If there's something which is mostly disliked, I get rid of it. I remember having these arguments with Micon back in the NWP/DD days, where he demanded we continue doing certain very unpopular segments, and I told him that we needed to stop doing any segment which the audience hated, no matter how much he personally liked it. He didn't agree.

The laugh track is a tough one, because I think it has a place in the show, especially when used derisively/sarcastically.

Still, if it were mostly hated, I would get rid of it. However, whenever I talk about doing away with it (and I actually did kill it for awhile, a few years back), I get text messages and PMs the other way. "I love the laugh track", "It's one of my favorite things in the show", etc. You may think these are people trolling me, but they're totally serious.

When I walk the dog and put on the call-to-listen line to hear a random episode being played, sometimes I'll hear the laugh track and really enjoy it. Other times I will cringe and feel it was poorly timed or placed, but most of its usage seems to work well, at least when I listen back. That's my opinion, of course, and it's very biased because I'm basically evaluating my own work. But I should note that there are plenty of times I go back and hear a past show, and think "Wow, this segment sucked" or "I don't sound very good on this day", so I'm not just patting myself on the back all the time.

I will keep in mind the laugh track criticism, though, and maybe tone down its usage.
    Compare the laugh track to posters like mumbles and laffer. Nobody likes them, most tolerate them for what they are and don't say anything. Some just say fuck it and leave. Trust me, nobody tunes in to listen to the laugh track like nobody logs into this site to read a mumblesbadly post.

trust me, nobody logs into this site to read your bullshit either.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Except when he piles too much money into shit.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post

Compare the laugh track to posters like mumbles and laffer. Nobody likes them, most tolerate them for what they are and don't say anything. Some just say fuck it and leave. Trust me, nobody tunes in to listen to the laugh track like nobody logs into this site to read a mumblesbadly post.

bro my rep's over a thousand. yours is 35 and mumbles is negative a million. you do the math.

Load Metric

bro my rep's over a thousand. yours is 35 and mumbles is negative a million. you do the math.

here let me do the maths.

reps over a thousand, you've been here 5 years . most of these turds are your friends. Math says that if my friends came here and repped me I'd have just as many 4 years from now.

so yeah.
    Last edited by LarryLaffer; 01-21-2017 at 05:03 AM. Reason: my dupes count as friends
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric

reps over a thousand, you've been here 5 years . most of these turds are your friends. Math says that if my friends came here and repped me I'd have just as many 4 years from now.

so yeah.

Unlikely b/c your "friends" are too busy plowing your girl. So yeah.

Comments

handicapme: Cuckmouse rep!

Load Metric
    Laugh track is fine, he doesn't abuse it and doesn't over use it.... Todd please cut the music you play sometimes over a story or a guest. It's never at the right volume and sometimes just obnoxious.
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

so yeah.

Unlikely b/c your "friends" are too busy plowing your girl. So yeah.
    Cuckmouse!!!
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Load Metric

so yeah.
    Tough but fair, however you have half as many posts as I do in less than a year. And trust me I have zero friends here. I was more hated than you when I signed up. Bigly. Obviously I couldn't care less about rep however I was just making a point.

Comments

Hockey Guy: I can confirm that I still hate you. I just thought you should know.

smiflorida: FL rep

Thread Information