Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brandon TR from PCA?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Anything can happen in a flip but Charder probably felt generous due to the fact that he was backed by Bax in his time and without that who knows if he would be in poker today.

what's a terrible reason to throw away 26k
    I think betting on hillary to win the election is a worse way to burn 20k.
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Anything can happen in a flip but Charder probably felt generous due to the fact that he was backed by Bax in his time and without that who knows if he would be in poker today.

So in your head the posted payouts just happened to be exactly first place 455K and second place 377K? I know payouts are flat as fuck these days but come on. Is everyone but KKK trolling in this thread?

I think all the people that chastise the WSOP for not facilitating chops can look no further than this thread as to why all the chops are done on impromptu non televised breaks. Mike the Mouth says he took a ton of heat for revealing how common it is to chop WSOP Events. Peoples minds just explode. It's funny, the few guys I know that placed 2nd, 3rd, or 4th at the WSOP all chopped and the few guys I know that have bracelets all didn't. Go figure.

Edit: In case it's not common knowledge in Matusow's book he tells the story about the Omaha event where Scotty Baby Nguyen won the bracelet. They chopped three ways between Scotty, Mike, and Ted Forrest. Mike got the biggest share of the money but after that he claimed he stopped trying because at that time he didn't give a fuck about a bracelet and just wanted to hurry it up so he could go get his money.

Load Metric
    It just occurred to me that 2004-2011 or so was probably the most realistic heads up battles the WSOP will ever see. Because they can chop that money but chopping future endorsements would be pretty unrealistic.

But shit by 2012 those endorsements had mostly dried up. Does this seem like two guys playing a 1.7 million dollar buyin sng to you?

The blinds are 1-2 Million. The first part of the hand isn't there.

Edit: I'm not complaining though. If I'm the WSOP I do it the same way. It's funny, I'm all for transparency in everything but for some reason I like more poker deals done in a back room. I think the EPT is kinda shitting the bed with this one.
    Last edited by Brittney Griner's Clit; 01-15-2017 at 01:04 PM.

Load Metric

Really that is a perfect way to pay someone back and cheap, $26k is nothing in the big picture thanking someone for a career start.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    When it was 3-handed, a chop was mentioned at my first 2005 WSOP event where I finished 3rd. At the time I was short stacked, and Froehlich (the chip leader and eventual winner) nixed it. He said he wanted to wait until it was heads up. I didn't blame him. I believe he made a deal with the eventual 2nd place finisher after I busted.

A month later, in the tournament I won, the question of a deal never came up. In that situation, there were quickly two overwhelming leaders (me and Darryl Mixan, who wasn't a pro), so it was pretty clear that both myself and Mixan were going to be playing HU, barring some sort of monumental collapse. Mixan never asked for a deal, likely because he was relatively new to tournaments (as was I), and may not have known it was possible. I knew a deal was possible, but I felt like I was going to win the whole thing, so I never bothered proposing one. Had I choked and lost (I entered HU with a 2-1 lead), it would have been really annoying, because it would have cost me about $175k and a bracelet.

So what were the expected payouts for 1st and 2nd in the PCA?

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: Dan Druff has a bracelet

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    When it was 3-handed, a chop was mentioned at my first 2005 WSOP event where I finished 3rd. At the time I was short stacked, and Froehlich (the chip leader and eventual winner) nixed it. He said he wanted to wait until it was heads up. I didn't blame him. I believe he made a deal with the eventual 2nd place finisher after I busted.

A month later, in the tournament I won, the question of a deal never came up. In that situation, there were quickly two overwhelming leaders (me and Darryl Mixan, who wasn't a pro), so it was pretty clear that both myself and Mixan were going to be playing HU, barring some sort of monumental collapse. Mixan never asked for a deal, likely because he was relatively new to tournaments (as was I), and may not have known it was possible. I knew a deal was possible, but I felt like I was going to win the whole thing, so I never bothered proposing one. Had I choked and lost (I entered HU with a 2-1 lead), it would have been really annoying, because it would have cost me about $175k and a bracelet.

So what were the expected payouts for 1st and 2nd in the PCA?

I had to sift through youtube coverage because I couldn't find it and was curious myself after guessing. It was

1st: 480K
    2nd: 353K

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    guys guys guys i dont mind if you derail my thread but can we please focus on getting at least one picture of a god damn palm tree before i lose my mind and turn this place into Columbine thnx

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Brandon is back now (I think), so he can show up and post pics.

I have also been told that, in addition to thesidedish, there were some other PFA Radio listeners who saw Brandon around there, though some did not approach him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Brandon is back now (I think), so he can show up and post pics.

I have also been told that, in addition to thesidedish, there were some other PFA Radio listeners who saw Brandon around there, though some did not approach him.
    you wouldn't happen to have a picture of a palm tree from one of your many travels, would you dan?

Load Metric
    Name:  IMG_9262.JPG
Views: 354
Size:  2.51 MB

Comments

HoodedN: PALM TREE GOD

Load Metric
    Name:  IMG_9275.JPG
Views: 362
Size:  2.47 MB

Comments

FPS_Russia: I could see pulling out a special cloth and giving my numbers a quick buff a couple times a day.

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: flava flav

Load Metric
    Name:  IMG_9301.JPG
Views: 358
Size:  1.77 MB

Name:  IMG_9313.JPG
Views: 348
Size:  2.04 MB

Comments

Mintjewlips: Stuntin on a nigga rep

sonatine: yass.

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Gambooooool Rep

IamGreek: Stunning time piece but could you please have someone show you how to post pics right side up. My neck is broke

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexel View Post
    Name:  IMG_9288.JPG
Views: 357
Size:  1.75 MB
    Did you eat the sex organ?

Load Metric
    drexel is god, narrowly escaped refugee camps and is a fan of palm trees /thread

Load Metric
    is it like unseasonably cold down there? or does Drexel just not wear shorts or t-shirts?
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric

Typical staking arrangements for people like Erick Lindgren, you give him $100,000, say he gets lucky and wins a tournament for $300,000.
    The $100,000 would be paid back and then he would split $200,000 with his backer.

JohnnyBax and Sheets would fuck over their players far worse.
    I would be surprised if they got 30% of their winnings.

Charder was beating everyone at the table very easily.
    A very dominating performance.
    Why would you want to make a fucking deal?

Harder took a 4-to-3 chip advantage into the final showdown with Josephy. The two struck a deal before resuming play that saw Harder lock up $419,664 while Josephy secured $403,448. That left $10,000 and the title to play for. The two only battled it out for eight hands before it was all over.

The 2017 PokerStars Championship had a first place prize of $480,000.
    Charder gave JohnnyBax an extra $50,000.

Now Cliff "JohnnyBax" Josephy knows that Charder will bend-over anytime he wants to stick it in him.

Thread Information