Thread: Huck Seed went off on Pokernews reporter, I defended the reporter, but maybe Huck had a point...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    Why does Huck feel he is entitled to accurate chip counts? He's not paying Pokernews anything. They can do what they want.
    Really, that was the best you could come up with?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    Why does Huck feel he is entitled to accurate chip counts? He's not paying Pokernews anything. They can do what they want.
    What part of what I said was invalid? They're an independent company who Huck is not paying any money to. If he doesn't like the information Pokernews is putting out, then he shouldn't visit their website. I don't see why he would throw a tantrum about it.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    What part of what I said was invalid? They're an independent company who Huck is not paying any money to. If he doesn't like the information Pokernews is putting out, then he shouldn't visit their website. I don't see why he would throw a tantrum about it.
    So when you get called a female poster you shouldnt complain, because you dont have to read this site.

Load Metric
    So when you get called a female poster you shouldnt complain, because you dont have to read this site.
    If they said something derogatory about Huck then he would have a right to complain.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    I want to say something and its going to sound really trollish and shitty but I really dont mean it to come out that way, I just have no other way to phrase it:

Its been a long time since this few people really cared about poker.

Sure there is a handful of groupies and some collar popping home game player types and various others sprinkled about, in addition to people who somehow havent gone busto or run out of favors to cash in for loans, as well as diehard profitable players in the mix...

But between online poker vaporizing into a cloud of shit, the job market imploding, the real estate market imploding, so on, so forth, I mean... honestly Im impressed pokernews even showed up. There will always be a world series, there will always be poker played, but the "media" (advertising) ecosystem is literally sucking its own meat off its own bones at this point.

So yeah Im on the side of cutting them some slack; they are doing a shite job but to ask them to do more begs the inevitable deck of the Titanic metaphors...

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Porkernews couldn't even keep the chip counts right 3 handed at the final table o8 at 3am. I don't think there is too much going on at that time.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Huck's attitude is one of the big reason why I never watch poker anymore. These fucking guys actually think they are important enough where they can berate people. LOL. It's hard to believe there are people that actually look up to these scum bags.

When I read Druff's post, a vivid memory came back. I was like 14 and we all went out to eat as a family to a high end restuarant fo celebrate my Mom's birthday. The guy that cut our lawn happened to be there, obviously celebrating something. Anyway my Dad went over to shake his hand and he was very gracious, but something seemed off, he was not the jovial guy he usually was cutting the lawn.

Fast forward a week and the guy is cutting our lawn again and my Dad approached him and they talked. Apparently, our neighbor down the street (older guy in his 60s) was also at the restuarant and was also his customer. He was offended to see his landscaper in such a high end place that he frequented, he walked up and said he was fired because he was obviously was paying him too much. Word go around the neighborhood and the old man was basically ostracized until he moved a year later.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Huck was kind of an asshole about it, and he approached the situation wrong (by going after an individual reporter), but the WSOP really should have decent coverage, given the high profile of the tournament.

Pokernews has exclusive rights to cover it, so there should be some sort of minimum standard that is upheld. Perhaps Pokernews can't afford to hire enough people to cover it, in which case there should be some kind of agreement with the WSOP where the WSOP itself pays for some of the costs of hiring more reporters.

Just right now the coverage is so spotty that the chip counts are virtually useless, and really the only useful information gained from the reporting is a few funny anecdotes and who has busted out.

Thread Information