Thread: Lauryn Hill: Musician, poet, mother, schizophrenic drug addict

Load Metric

Lauryn Hill: Musician, poet, mother, schizophrenic drug addict

Background:

Lauryn Hill was, for all practical purposes, the group The Fugees, once you subtract the gooftards she let cling to her she-balls. Recognizing (correctly) that she was rolling with complete morons who were basically standing in the way of her attaining true superstardom, she jumped ship, effectively ending The Fugees reign of mediocrity and positioning her for true ascension into the elite of the global music scene of 1997.

And then she went to Jamaica. And started smoking tons of dope. And getting deep-dicked by Bob Marley's son. And churning out babies.

25 years later, she posted this unbelievable rant in an effort to explain why she blew off her tax bills:

“For the past several years, I have remained what others would consider underground. I did this in order to build a community of people, like-minded in their desire for freedom and the right to pursue their goals and lives without being manipulated and controlled by a media protected military industrial complex with a completely different agenda. Having put the lives and needs of other people before my own for multiple years, and having made hundreds of millions of dollars for certain institutions, under complex and sometimes severe circumstances, I began to require growth and more equitable treatment, but was met with resistance. I entered into my craft full of optimism (which I still possess), but immediately saw the suppressive force with which the system attempts to maintain it’s control over a given paradigm. I’ve seen people promote addiction, use sabotage, black listing, media bullying and any other coercion technique they could, to prevent artists from knowing their true value, or exercising their full power. These devices of control, no matter how well intentioned (or not), can have a devastating outcome on the lives of people, especially creative types who must grow and exist within a certain environment and according to a certain pace, in order to live and create optimally.

I kept my life relatively simple, even after huge successes, but it became increasingly obvious that certain indulgences and privileges were expected to come at the expense of my free soul, free mind, and therefore my health and integrity. So I left a more mainstream and public life, in order to wean both myself, and my family, away from a lifestyle that required distortion and compromise as a means for maintaining it. During this critical healing time, there were very few people accessible to me who had not already been seduced or affected by this machine, and therefore who could be trusted to not try and influence or coerce me back into a dynamic of compromise. Individual growth was expected to take place unnaturally, or stagnated outright, subject to marketing and politics. Addressing critical issues like pop culture cannibalism or its manipulation of the young at the expense of everything, was frowned upon and discouraged by limiting funding, or denying it outright. When one has a prolific creative output like I did/do, and is then forced to stop, the effects can be dangerous both emotionally and psychologically, both for the artist and those in need of that resource. It was critically important that I find a suitable pathway within which to exist, without being distorted or economically strong-armed.

During this period of crisis, much was said about me, both slanted and inaccurate, by those who had become dependent on my creative force, yet unwilling to fully acknowledge the importance of my contribution, nor compensate me equitably for it. This was done in an effort to smear my public image, in order to directly affect my ability to earn independently of this system. It took a long time to locate and nurture a community of people strong enough to resist the incredibly unhealthy tide, and more importantly see through it. If I had not been able to make contact with, and establish this community, my life, safety and freedom, would have been directly affected as well as the lives, safety and freedom of my family. Failure to create a non toxic, non exploitative environment was not an option.

As my potential to work, and therefore earn freely, was being threatened, I did whatever needed to be done in order to insulate my family from the climate of hostility, false entitlement, manipulation, racial prejudice, sexism and ageism that I was surrounded by. This was absolutely critical while trying to find and establish a new and very necessary community of healthy people, and also heal and detoxify myself and my family while raising my young children.

There were no exotic trips, no fleet of cars, just an all out war for safety, integrity, wholeness and health, without mistreatment denial, and/or exploitation. In order to liberate myself from those who found it ok to oppose my wholeness, free speech and integral growth by inflicting different forms of punitive action against it, I used my resources to sustain our safety and survival until I was able to restore my ability to earn outside of it!

When artists experience danger and crisis under the effects of this kind of insidious manipulation, everyone easily accepts that there was something either dysfunctional or defective with the artist, rather than look at, and fully examine, the system and its means and policies of exploiting/’doing business’. Not only is this unrealistic, it is very dark in its motivation, conveniently targeting the object of their hero worship by removing any evidence that they ‘needed’ or celebrated this very same resource just years, months or moments before. Since those who believe they need a hero/celebrity outnumber the actual heroes/celebrities, people feel safe and comfortably justified in numbers, committing egregious crimes in the name of the greater social ego. Ironically diminishing their own true hero-celebrity nature in the process.

It was this schism and the hypocrisy, violence and social cannibalism it enabled, that I wanted and needed to be freed from, not from art or music, but the suppression/repression and reduction of that art and music to a bottom line alone, without regard for anything else. Over-commercialization and its resulting restrictions and limitations can be very damaging and distorting to the inherent nature of the individual. I Love making art, I Love making music, these are as natural and necessary for me almost as breathing or talking. To be denied the right to pursue it according to my ability, as well as be properly acknowledged and compensated for it, in an attempt to control, is manipulation directed at my most basic rights! These forms of expression, along with others, effectively comprise my free speech! Defending, preserving, and protecting these rights are critically important, especially in a paradigm where veiled racism, sexism, ageism, nepotism, and deliberate economic control are still blatant realities!!!

Learning from the past, insulating friends and family from the influence of external manipulation and corruption, is far more important to me than being misunderstood for a season! I did not deliberately abandon my fans, nor did I deliberately abandon any responsibilities, but I did however put my safety, health and freedom and the freedom, safety and health of my family first over all other material concerns! I also embraced my right to resist a system intentionally opposing my right to whole and integral survival.

I conveyed all of this when questioned as to why I did not file taxes during this time period. Obviously, the danger I faced was not accepted as reasonable grounds for deferring my tax payments, as authorities, who despite being told all of this, still chose to pursue action against me, as opposed to finding an alternative solution.

My intention has always been to get this situation rectified. When I was working consistently without being affected by the interferences mentioned above, I filed and paid my taxes. This only stopped when it was necessary to withdraw from society, in order to guarantee the safety and well-being of myself and my family.

As this, and other areas of issue are resolved and set straight, I am able to get back to doing what I should be doing, the way it should be done. This is part of that process. To those supporters who were told that I abandoned them, that is untrue. I abandoned greed, corruption, and compromise, never you, and never the artistic gifts and abilities that sustained me.”

Folks... don't go to Jamaica, smoke tons of dope, fuck Bob Marleys son, and do the vagina/clowncar thing. It turns out badly.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Stop cross posting scooter's ramblings.

Cubic Zirconia Lobster macaroni's Avatar
    Load Metric
    appreciate the effort but i ain't even readin that shit.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I did my best to get through this thread. I did. I read it like a champ, then I got to this line:

During this critical healing time

I simply could not continue. Did my best effort, hopefully the article ended with some type of sanity.

Load Metric
    She's been troubled for a long time. I recall when she had her first child, no one knew if it was Wyclef or Rohan Marley's(Bob's badass son who led the U in tackles playing LB at 5"8) kid, and the paternity of many of her children have been in dispute. Some are definitely Marley's, but he's denied others. She would refer to herself as Marley's wife, but he was already married for years before her and never divorced until recently when he got engaged to a Brazilian model. Shame, as The Miseducation boded a promising future until the crazy came to collect.

Load Metric
    Sunday will be a confusing day for her kids

FATHERS DAY
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    Fun fact the Fugees were being extorted by Haitian Jack so maybe she wasnt quite as paranoid as we thought.

But she probably was, regardless.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Fun fact the Fugees were being extorted by Haitian Jack so maybe she wasnt quite as paranoid as we thought.

me and weiss smoked weed on the roof after chores were done with haitian jack

i thought of him to be caring and affable

Load Metric
    also lauren hill is def a racist cunt

Load Metric
    Haters be Haitian
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

100% worthy of a trip report if true.

one of the great pleasures of living this long is seeing people post youtube testimonials about alllll the 80s/90s/00s street dirt and haitian jack figures prominently in a looooooot of that shit.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Uhhh Pretty sure I seen Lauryn Hill headlining Pitchfork Festival this July in Chicago

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Uhhh Pretty sure I seen Lauryn Hill headlining Pitchfork Festival this July in Chicago

wake up sheeple the original lauryn hill was killed in the subterranean clone pods where she served her tax evasion sentence.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

one of the great pleasures of living this long is seeing people post youtube testimonials about alllll the 80s/90s/00s street dirt and haitian jack figures prominently in a looooooot of that shit.
    links pls?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post

links pls?

search goons of ny to get the ball rolling and prepare to take some vacation days.

also get ready for some of the absolute nut low production values youll ever see. gut through them and the stories are fucking fantastic.

tupac? solved.

biggie? solved.

its all out there.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So basicly black people want everyone to pay for there stuff while they can make babies, get thete hair done and have a life of leisure to follow there dreams and work as they please..

Sounds like the welfare system in n.y.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    So basicly black people want everyone to pay for there stuff while they can make babies, get thete hair done and have a life of leisure to follow there dreams and work as they please..

Sounds like the welfare system in n.y.

Right!! Everyone wants to live that Illuminati life but no one wants to go through the work of eating and fucking babies and offing family members. Stupid fucking n-words want everything for free.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Women all grabbin' at my shish kebab
    Bought Lauryn Hill's tape so her kids could starve

Comments

splitthis: Go suck Polk cock

Thread Information