Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: QB that will win a Super bowl

Load Metric
    Its hard to ignore Dak right now, but i'd put Luck first just off pure talent. Carr 2nd, followed by Dak n Cam

edit: I'll throw in a hypothetical wild card here but Cutler? It seems set that he will be elsewhere next year....its not crazy to think a reunion in Denver? Siemian doesn't look like the answer, and Lynch has looked bad.....and they have a D to win now, theyre still in their window.

Comments

HoodedN: CUTLER?????????????
    Last edited by gut; 12-19-2016 at 02:30 PM.

Load Metric
    Another fun thing to ponder, based off Daly's OP. He listed 5 of the starters who have won the SB, there are 7 (Rodgers and Brees also). What would you set the line right now for whether the winning SB QB this year is a previous winner or a new one? Brees is probably the only one to def not be in the playoffs this year, although most likely 1-2 others wont be in. So say 4-5 previous winners in the playoffs, including probably 2 teams considered to be pretty high up as favorites (NE and SEA)

Its gotta be an almost even line right? Maybe:

New winner -130
    Previous winner +120

something like that?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Its hard to ignore Dak right now, but i'd put Luck first just off pure talent. Carr 2nd, followed by Dak n Cam

edit: I'll throw in a hypothetical wild card here but Cutler? It seems set that he will be elsewhere next year....its not crazy to think a reunion in Denver? Siemian doesn't look like the answer, and Lynch has looked bad.....and they have a D to win now, theyre still in their window.
    100% the talent is there, but dude is a fucking mental case and a turnover machine...if kubiak could reign that in (HUGE IF) then he could...but think about how many offensive guys cutler has been through that couldn't fix his stupid ass...if memory serves the only guys he's done OK with these last few years was the trestman/gase combo...

not gonna lie, if he started to do some stupid shit I would bet serious dough that talib might shoot his fucking ass...I mean he's close to being at that point with the current offense and simien doesn't really lose them games by doing stupid shit...

and with the new v. previous QB...if you'd gimmie a +120 price on brady/ben/flaccid/russ/eli (hate him, but he's got fucking postseason voodoo that I can't explain) ill take those guys against dak/carr...

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    willing to bet alot the cowboys will have a worse record next year than this year

Comments

OSA: dumb statement
    Slava Ukraini!

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post

endorse
    If the Falcons can continue to improve on defense then have to throw Matt Ryan into the discussion as their offense is lethal this year.

Also even though they suck this year and most people hate him have to mention Cam Newton too. He played for one last year.
    You were saying OSA you fucking tard?

Load Metric
    Romo to win a SB at his next team (Broncos?)

Load Metric
    Romo being outright released?

Seems crazy Cowboys couldn't get a pick for him from Denver or Houston. Obviously big contract, and oldish, but still quite good. If ESPN is true, makes me wonder if he got a red flag physical.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Seems crazy Cowboys couldn't get a pick for him from Denver or Houston. Obviously big contract, and oldish, but still quite good. If ESPN is true, makes me wonder if he got a red flag physical.
    obviously get why Houston wants to do it, don't see how they are affording that...don't think romo is gonna give them any discount to be the starter if he has Denver as an option...i'm gonna guess he's gonna want $10M plus...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Due to Dallas's "creative accounting" with multiple restructures of his contract, trading him would still have left them with close to $20m of dead money on their cap this year. Dallas already has very little wiggle room with the salary cap. By designating him a post-June 1 release, they can spread that hit over the next two years. basically frees up 10m for this season that they can use after June 1.

I'd assume they would have only taken that hit with a trade if they could actually get a 1st or 2nd rounder, but no one was offering that. I would also assume the release comes with a little handshake agreement to not sign with an NFC team. Luckily for the Cowboys, the only landing spots that make sense anyway are in the AFC.

Comments

BCR: Makes sense. Weird salary structure when a guy like him doesn't have value.

Thread Information