Hey guys.

I thought this would be the perfect community to get a little bit of advise from regarding a scammer.

I am part of several private poker Facebook groups, and among those groups, people trade for online funds. Paypal, Venmo, CQP, etc. (I'm well aware of all the risk involved in trading with these methods.)

Whenever I initiate a trade with someone, I normally do a little homework on who I'm trading with. I had someone contact me and I was in the middle of something but they wanted funds. It was a rather small amount, so they sent my preferred method, and I in turn sent the ACR funds. The trade was successful. I did NOT get scammed. However once I got the time, I still decided to look the guy up. What I found was shocking.....

So I did a google search of the guys name and put "scammer" at the end. An old 2010 2+2 thread came up outing that this guy had several known 2+2 accounts and was a scammer. He was also scamming people on craigslist with fraudulent airline tickets and was eventually caught for that as well, and was actually convicted of fraud (I know this because I found the public court records). He actually spent jail/prison time for his fraud, and from the look of his sentence, he is still on probation.

I confronted him about this through PMs and he begged, begged, begged me not to post anything. He claims to have turned a new leaf and has been scam free for the past 3 years (since he's been released from prison) and that if his PO finds out that he's even playing poker that he can get put back in prison. I told him that just because he's went to prison, and paying restitution to those he scammed (on craigslist) that it doesn't make it right with those he scammed in the poker community.

I suggested that he post in the old 2+2 thread admitting that he was wrong, and willing to make it right by making payments. I stated that as long as he does this, I would not personally post anything publicly. As if I post anything publicly, there is a chance that he goes back to jail/prison for breaking parole and then there is ::Insert sound bite:: 0.0 ::/Sound bite:: chance of anyone getting repaid.

Or should I just publicly out him and not even give him a chance?