Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: PokerFraudAlert Report: Lock Poker -- AVOID

Load Metric
    I'll just put this here: http://calvinayre.com/2014/01/14/pok...ealty-company/

My favorite line is:

it’s high time the Official Lock Poker Crisis Containment Thread had a name change to the Official Lock Poker Crisis Containment Thread that doesn’t contain any reference to people who have the same surname and cheekbone structure as Jen Larson.

Comments

Deal: Love it
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Looks like Lock Poker has fired all but 3 pros:

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Looks like Lock Poker has fired all but 3 pros:

Ok noob here but you will most likely see me more. I don't even see the "Lock Pro" page anymore.

Name:  SNAG_Program-0026.jpg
Views: 1465
Size:  57.9 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Welcome to the site.

Yeah, they quickly got rid of that banner with the remaining 3 pros.

Guess they got fired, too... either that, or they are hiding it for a moment so those three don't get too much heat.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    New poster here, but I'm part of the 2 + 2 Lock poker thread that IhasNutz is running. I'm owed a $3000 check that was requested in November of 2012, but that's beside the point.

I've been following this thread and all I can say is great work Druff and good find JimAfternoon.

I did a little sleuthing myself and found this article from March 2011:

http://www.pqbnews.com/news/118397479.html

Dave Bryan spoke at this open house meeting with an agenda of freeing up land for a developmental project. You see him in the picture, and another recognizable face as well. Anybody know the guy between them?

Anyway, obviously some major development projects have gone forward since this point as Druff outlined in an earlier post. I'm wondering how to find out more information on these projects. Who is investing? Are these homes selling? Can anyone speak on the character of Jamie Larson or Bryan? What has Bryan done in the past? He's the guy who apparently is a career real estate man (licensed in B.C. since '78). Jamie on the other hand appeared seemingly out of nowhere after completing a year long "real estate licensing course."

To sum up, I do think Lock poker players' funds are funding these massive real estate ventures. The timing is right (Larson gets license in 2011, goes into business, very quickly he's dealing with huge properties, and around the same time Lock stops paying players). The huge red flag is there: Larson quickly takes down information when the connection is made to Lock poker. Also, a real estate venture that ties up a lot of capital or is slow to recoup money fits perfectly with the line of B.S. Lock people and even some pros have fed us over and over again: things are going to get better soon. I think it's possible they have HOPED things would get better soon, but even someone like myself (who never took a one year real estate class) knows that it can be a risky business--sometimes things don't go as planned.

I honestly believe the money may still be there, it's just in the form of hardwood floors and marble countertops. But I think all of DBM's "projects" need to be put under a burning hot microscope. I guess I'd like to know once and for all if I financed the building of some young Canadian newlyweds' dream home.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Just to add a bit more: if you google "Dave Bryan" with "Qualicum beach" you can find several articles where Bryan is quoted. The gist of what I found is Bryan is an aggressive developer looking to do major things in Qualicum beach, but it's been a struggle in that area to move development forward.

It easily feels like Bryan could be the silent partner at Lock, and Jen Larson the silent partner in DBM Realty. Meanwhile Jamie is the relative brought in to work the project.

Right now my gut tells me the guy to really look into is Bryan--he may be the key to start unraveling the mystery.

But who am I kidding, what I would really like is to simply get paid my $3000.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWoodsman View Post

To sum up, I do think Lock poker players' funds are funding these massive real estate ventures. The timing is right (Larson gets license in 2011, goes into business, very quickly he's dealing with huge properties, and around the same time Lock stops paying players). The huge red flag is there: Larson quickly takes down information when the connection is made to Lock poker. Also, a real estate venture that ties up a lot of capital or is slow to recoup money fits perfectly with the line of B.S. Lock people and even some pros have fed us over and over again: things are going to get better soon. I think it's possible they have HOPED things would get better soon, but even someone like myself (who never took a one year real estate class) knows that it can be a risky business--sometimes things don't go as planned.me.
    Only a few people know what really happened. It seems like everyone I talk to that has inside information on the industry*** seems to not know anything about lock or have any solid info. Do we know how much this real estate company is worth? It would shock me if Jen Larson had some piece of the company as people that make decent money tend to invest it and have other things going besides there job. It is a great time to invest in real estate and if she has a close relationship with person it would be logic for her to invest.

I've only been following the thread a little but I don't think this is what happened to all of locks money. My guess is it was probably closer to how full tilt lost there money (minus the e check thing)

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Signed up here because 2p2 banned Druff, may as well post rather than just lurk. I'm SwoopAE on 2p2 just for the record.

Keep fighting the good fight, and scammers can gtfo.

Comments

bukowski72: Pretty big move...keep your posting place on 2+2 ...much more important tahn coming here

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitao View Post
    Signed up here because 2p2 banned Druff, may as well post rather than just lurk. I'm SwoopAE on 2p2 just for the record.

Welcome. Almost everybody here has been banned at one time or another over there.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitao View Post

Thanks for coming here.

I think we've done good enough work on 2+2 already to where Lock is crippled. I think it's just a matter of time until they are down for good.

I picked up a Cardplayer magazine at Commerce a few days ago, and there are no Lock ads there. Lock must be really close to fully broke.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Hey guys, new member here. I've actually been a reader for quite some time. But finally decided to create an account to get this off my chest. But to get to the point of this post. Has anyone else found it quite interesting that this lock cash out situation an more then likely gonna be bankrupt company isn't being reported daily by Pokernews or other news outlets that can reach the masses quickly to get answers? A company still taking deposits from players but not paying its players should be on the forefront for all poker related media. There duties is to report the news of poker good an bad. An I wish these media company's would get there heads out of there asses an start doing something about this. To me they should feel just as guilty as these fraud company's when new depositors get burned for not doing anything to possibly stop it. If there gonna make money off poker players then they have a duty/responsibility to protect them/report to the players when its obvious something shady is going on! They had no problem outing Howard Lederer an all big wigs at FTP. Doing lord knows how many stories about FTP crashing an burning its players but they seem to be turning a blind eye to Lock! Well I'll be interested to see responses as to why people feel this is happening or if maybe I'm just missing something.

Poker Investigative Journalist
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RobMyNuts21 View Post
    Hey guys, new member here. I've actually been a reader for quite some time. But finally decided to create an account to get this off my chest. But to get to the point of this post. Has anyone else found it quite interesting that this lock cash out situation an more then likely gonna be bankrupt company isn't being reported daily by Pokernews or other news outlets that can reach the masses quickly to get answers? A company still taking deposits from players but not paying its players should be on the forefront for all poker related media. There duties is to report the news of poker good an bad. An I wish these media company's would get there heads out of there asses an start doing something about this. To me they should feel just as guilty as these fraud company's when new depositors get burned for not doing anything to possibly stop it. If there gonna make money off poker players then they have a duty/responsibility to protect them/report to the players when its obvious something shady is going on! They had no problem outing Howard Lederer an all big wigs at FTP. Doing lord knows how many stories about FTP crashing an burning its players but they seem to be turning a blind eye to Lock! Well I'll be interested to see responses as to why people feel this is happening or if maybe I'm just missing something.
    Sorry to break the news to you, but there may not be a pair of more corrupt "news" sites than PokerNews and CardPlayer. I can tell you first-hand that in my days at PN, I fought like hell to keep the Cereus banners from reappearing, but was eventually overruled (and fired) by Tony G and the Dutchie gang, led by Noah Boeken.

Tony G and Barry Shulman (CardPlayer) are very similar in that they actually don't give a fuck about the players. What I experienced re: Cereus is what is happening again now with Lock.

Load Metric
    It appears that Cardplayer.com, at long last, has dropped Lock Poker. I suspect the never-ending drumbeat for action from the poker community played a role. I don't think CardPlayer did this for players or out of respect for community outrage, of course. Rater, I think they see that bad publicity is bad for business.

Their affiliate page is at http://www.cardplayer.com/online-pok...ne-poker-sites.
    Last edited by TheEngineer; 05-21-2014 at 09:37 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ari Engel was at a WSOP table with Cardplayer owner Barry Shuman today. Engel called him out about the Lock situation, and Shulman apparently called the floor to shut him up!

@RealAriEngel
    I called out Barry shulman for accepting lock money. So he got the dealer to give me a warning not to talk to him. #anythingbutcardplayer
    Wow.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Hi,

I´m in preparation for legal action against Lock Poker. If you have interest to join the petition, please send:

a) your full name

b) Lock user name

c) amount owed

d) date of the last payment(if)

e) proof of the claim
    - screenshot when logged into the poker client, showing your balance and user name

to: lockvictim@mail.com

Thanks!

Comments

sd858duece: good luck

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Towerflower View Post
    Hi,

I´m in preparation for legal action against Lock Poker. If you have interest to join the petition, please send:

a) your full name

b) Lock user name

c) amount owed

e) proof of the claim
    - screenshot when logged into the poker client, showing your balance and user name

Thanks!
    1. Lulz

2. This is going to end well.

3. You have to be a Euro, only a Euro would think a petition could do anything.

4. Lulz

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Hi,

a) your full name

b) Lock user name

c) amount owed

e) proof of the claim

Thanks!
    Good luck, but I don't think this is going to go anywhere.

Lock Poker is broke.

You would have better luck tracking down Jennifer Larson and her assets (look in the Vancouver area), and suing her personally.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    To join the petition in Curacao is cost free.

Yes, a private investigation has a higher chance to succeed, but requires 1000s of $$. If people are willing to spend some money, I´ll gladly organize this.

Let us do a little math:

1)The total amount of tracked pending withdrawals is around USD 1 Mio.

- Let us assume that the total amount of account balances behind these pending withdrawals is around USD 4 Mio.

- If IHasTehNutz´s report represent 20% of Lock´s customers worldwide:

USD 1 Mio. + USD 4 Mio. = USD 5 Mio. x 5(20%) = USD 25 Mio.(total pending withdrawals + total account balances)

- If all creditors worldwide would be willing to spend 0,1% of the money owed = USD 25.000.-, then this would be enough for an intensiv private investigation.

example: 0,1% of USD 5.000.- owed = USD 50.- to spend

- But let us say 90% of all Lock customers have no interest whatsoever and 10% of the creditors are willing to spend some money, then the calculation would be:

1% of USD 25 Mio. = USD 25.000.- , so the 10% willing customers would have to spend 1% of the amount owed.

example: USD 10.000.- owed = USD 100.- to spend

RESULT: To put in 1% of the amount owed(for further investigation), is from an economically point of view always an instant call!

2)The total amount of tracked pending withdrawals is around USD 1 Mio.

- Let us assume that the total amount of account balances behind these pending withdrawals is around USD 3 Mio.

- If IHasTehNutz´s report represent 30% of Lock´s customers worldwide:

USD 1 Mio. + USD 3 Mio. = USD 4 Mio. x 3,3(30%) = USD 13,3 Mio.(total pending withdrawals + total account balances)

- If all creditors worldwide would be willing to spend 0,2% of the money owed = USD 26.600.- , then this would be enough for an intensiv private investigation.

example: 0,2% of USD 5.000.- owed = USD 100.- to spend

- But let us say 90% of all Lock customers have no interest whatsoever and 10% of the creditors are willing to spend some money, then the calculation would be:

2% of USD 13,3 Mio. = USD 26.600.- , so the 10% willing customers would have to spend 2% of the amount owed.

example: USD 10.000.- owed = USD 200.- to spend

RESULT: To put in 2% of the amount owed(for further investigation), is from an economically point of view always an instant call!

Comments

1marley1: this smells
    Last edited by Towerflower; 09-08-2014 at 09:05 AM.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I have to report a pokerfraudalert!

Quote Originally Posted by nowitsower(2+2)
    Why is Towerflower banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heaven(2+2)
    I believe that he is one of our regularly banned alleged serial scammers.

It would be easy for a scammer to impersonate an honest player if he had a screenshot of their account to show to his latest marks.

If you have given him such a screenshot, expect your SN to be used in future scams, imo. I would advise you to mention it here that you gave him a screenshot, now, in case my thinking is correct, when you can at least point to it, later.

If I am wrong, no harm done. He can come back and tell us exactly who he is, etc, etc.
    A screenshot when logged into the poker client(showing a user name and a balance) is enough to impersonate a honest player and scam others in the player transfer thread.

As the numbers of the balance and the letters of the user name are in white colour on a total black background, you can easily(with any kind of photoshop program) put any balance and user name in the poker client screenshot.

And as anyone can collect user names from players sitting at the tables or leaderboards and then prepare screenshots to impersonate a honest player, I strongly recommend to not sit down at the Lock poker tables!!!

Thanks!

Load Metric
    If people are willing to spend some money, I´ll gladly organize this.

- If all creditors worldwide would be willing to spend 0,1% of the money owed =USD 25.000.-, then this would be enough for an intensiv private investigation

RESULT: To put in 1% of the amount owed(for further investigation), is from an economically point of view always an instant call!

RESULT: To put in 2% of the amount owed(for further investigation), is from an economically point of view always an instant call!
    There's $0 money in the pot. To put one more cent in is bad pot odds.

A link to your website would be great. Or was this just gonna be more low key. Couple of white envelopes in your sock drawer?

Thread Information