Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: PokerFraudAlert Report: Lock Poker -- AVOID

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here is a listing of Jamie's, currently active:

http://www.realtor.ca/PropertyDetail...ey=-1087624927

It's a condo in Vancouver for $625,000.

Not sure who the client is, but I'm sure that could be looked up.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This is from the "about" page on the DBM-realty.com site, which is gone. Notice the partner. He should be contacted.

Name:  jamielarson2.png
Views: 1423
Size:  150.0 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here is Jamie Larson's "West Ridge" project, where they served cupcakes on January 5.

Name:  jamielarson3.png
Views: 1394
Size:  446.9 KB

Jamie is very into the whole West Ridge development on Qualicum Beach in Vancouver.

This seems to be his main project in early 2014.

Name:  westridge1.png
Views: 1414
Size:  1.17 MB

Name:  westridge2.png
Views: 1362
Size:  408.2 KB

Name:  westridge3.png
Views: 1293
Size:  335.9 KB

Name:  westridge4.png
Views: 1389
Size:  709.1 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Amazing how the website is completely down, given the size of these projects.

Jamie seems very busy, to be honest.

That is honestly the biggest red flag, as an innocent brother/husband of Jen wouldn't panic like this and remove the promotional materials for this major project.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also I want to point out the similarity in name between JDB Services and DBM Realty.

Both have "DB" as two of the three initials.

Could be a coincidence, but I doubt it.

The "DB" might stand for Dave Bryan, Jamie's partner in DBM Realty. He has been working in real estate since 1978 and very possibly helped bankroll Lock Poker.

This could also explain why "DB" is in both names. Not sure what the "M" stands for, but JDB Services could easily be "Jennifer / Dave Bryan".

Load Metric
    So help me understand. You are posting all this information about Jamie Larson because he is related to Jennifer Larson and you believe she is scum?

Would this be like 2+2 getting all pissy about the thread here about n-words and start harassing your brother about living in a racist family? If that started happening and your brother started deleting his social media presence would that then be a guilty plea?

You seem to be getting carried away. Are you taking advice from SBell and just throwing accusations at anyone close to try and get them to talk?

Comments

Steve-O: getting close to libel rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    So help me understand. You are posting all this information about Jamie Larson because he is related to Jennifer Larson and you believe she is scum?

Would this be like 2+2 getting all pissy about the thread here about n-word and start harassing your brother about living in a racist family? If that started happening and your brother started deleting his social media presence would that then be a guilty plea?

You seem to be getting carried away. Are you taking advice from SBell and just throwing accusations at anyone close to try and get them to talk?
    No.

I would not be posting all of this info about Jamie if the only black mark against him was being related to Jennifer.

In fact, I would be removing this information if it were just a matter of "harass the family of the criminal".

For example, if someone posted Jennifer's father's info, I would not allow it here, unless they convinced me that there was a good chance he was also involved with Lock Poker.

In Jamie's case, his realty website was registered to JDB Services, which is Lock's parent company (and pretty much identical to Lock Poker itself, from what we have seen).

Read that again. It was not just designed by JDB Services. The registered owner of DBM Realty's website was JDB Services. At the very least, this gives me the moral and legal ability to accuse Jamie of involvement in the ownership of Lock Poker.

"But what if Jennifer just designed Jamie's website, and registered it through her own registrar account due to laziness of not feeling like entering Jamie's info? Why should you be bothering this poor guy?"

If that's the case, Jamie should come forward somewhere and explain this. There is sufficient evidence all over the internet that Jennifer has stolen millions via Lock Poker, so it is reasonable that people would be out for blood when they find new people associated with that scam company.

Furthermore, Jamie's reaction was incredibly odd. He didn't just wipe out his social media pages, which would be understandable if people were bothering him because of his relation to Jennifer. He wiped out his entire company's website, including important promotional materials just created days ago!

It's not like we are dealing with some engineer who is on social media just for fun, but doesn't need a public internet presence to do his job. Jamie Larson's website was full of slickly-produced sales and promotional material, much of it created in 2014. You don't remove all of that just because one of your relatives is shady and people posted about your relation on the internet.

They also changed the registrant name of DBM Realty to "William Smith", from JDB Services. Why not just change it to Jamie Larson?

Incidentally, DBM Realty's site went back up this morning. They also changed the registration AGAIN for DBM Realty, and now it's listed as being owned by Jamie Larson.

I think it's back up because they realized that all of the info was captured out of the google cache and reposted anyway, so taking the website down only hurts Jamie's business and does not achieve any privacy gains.

My offer still stands, though. If Jamie can convince me that he has nothing to do with Jennifer (aside from a relation to her), then I will take all of this down.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    At one point, dbm-realty.com had the same IP address as kushpoker.com, jdbservicesnv.com, conrifil.com, and girahpoker.com!

Incidentally, girahpoker.com is now a generic poker info site, featuring unauthorized use of the images of various pretty girls in poker, such as Jennicide and Tatjana Pasalic.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    New registration for DBM-Realty.com:

Name:  dbm-ip2.png
Views: 1181
Size:  22.8 KB

Load Metric
    couldn't it just be a case where a non-internet guy has his more internet savvy sister buy the domains he is using?

I want everyone to know that you are encouraged to post any and all information related to these criminals, and I will not be censoring anything relevant to the ongoing scam that is Lock Poker.

Attention Jamie Larson and anyone else unhappy with the above policy:

I will only delete your info if you sufficiently convince me that you have absolutely nothing to do with Lock Poker and its parent/affiliated companies. Do not bother to send me legal threats, as I will just repost them here for everyone to see.
    you're basically calling him a criminal because his website is registered to the same company as Lock (which is owned by his sister), seems like a reach even for you.

Granted the taking down of info from the Internet is curious, but you are calling him a criminal in a public forum based on specualtion, you might want to go back and edit and soften that language a bit.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    couldn't it just be a case where a non-internet guy has his more internet savvy sister buy the domains he is using?

I want everyone to know that you are encouraged to post any and all information related to these criminals, and I will not be censoring anything relevant to the ongoing scam that is Lock Poker.

Attention Jamie Larson and anyone else unhappy with the above policy:

I will only delete your info if you sufficiently convince me that you have absolutely nothing to do with Lock Poker and its parent/affiliated companies. Do not bother to send me legal threats, as I will just repost them here for everyone to see.
    you're basically calling him a criminal because his website is registered to the same company as Lock (which is owned by his sister), seems like a reach even for you.

Granted the taking down of info from the Internet is curious, but you are calling him a criminal in a public forum based on specualtion, you might want to go back and edit and soften that language a bit.

I'm not calling him a criminal.

I am saying I will allow all information being posted related to "these criminals" (meaning Lock Poker).

Since his website was registered to Lock Poker's company, I think that qualifies.

I am not condemning him for anything yet, because it's possible that he is just unfortunate enough to be related to Jennifer and stupidly let her design/manage/run his website, despite her involvement in illegal activities. (Lock is illegally operating in the US, even if you ignore the scam/fraud part that's been going on.)

It would be nice if he at least came forward and explained himself, given the information that was found. Covering it up just makes him look more guilty.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Lock is illegally operating in the US
    Are you sure? I'm not. Has that been challenged in US Federal court and held to challenge? Which US Federal law are they breaking by having a poker website hosted outside of the US run by non-US citizens?
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post

I'm not calling him a criminal.

I am saying I will allow all information being posted related to "these criminals" (meaning Lock Poker).

Since his website was registered to Lock Poker's company, I think that qualifies.

I am not condemning him for anything yet, because it's possible that he is just unfortunate enough to be related to Jennifer and stupidly let her design/manage/run his website, despite her involvement in illegal activities. (Lock is illegally operating in the US, even if you ignore the scam/fraud part that's been going on.)

It would be nice if he at least came forward and explained himself, given the information that was found. Covering it up just makes him look more guilty.
    What you mean and what you wrote are two different things. I could care less if he's part of Lock Poker or not, I'm just letting you know you are getting close to libel. Your posts are about him, and you put his details, and then you say these criminals, it means you are talking specifically about him
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Lock is illegally operating in the US
    Are you sure? I'm not. Has that been challenged in US Federal court and held to challenge? Which US Federal law are they breaking by having a poker website hosted outside of the US run by non-US citizens?
    Having a poker website hosted outside of the US run by non-US citizens is not against the law.

Taking deposits from US citizens on unlicensed gambling sites is against the law.

I am not going to sit here rehashing all of the reasons why. It has been specifically against the law since late 2006 (UIGEA), and on murky legal ground before that.

But that's not even the main point of this thread, and you know it. I answered your question, but please stop trying to troll me here.

Load Metric

Having a poker website hosted outside of the US run by non-US citizens is not against the law.

Taking deposits from US citizens on unlicensed gambling sites is against the law.

I am not going to sit here rehashing all of the reasons why. It has been specifically against the law since late 2006 (UIGEA), and on murky legal ground before that.

But that's not even the main point of this thread, and you know it. I answered your question, but please stop trying to troll me here.
    I thought UIGEA made it illegal for US companies to facilitate transfers to offshore gambling sites. That doesn't make it illegal for the offshore gambling site to offer it's services. It makes it real difficult for them to run their business because it requires them to partner with someone within the US that is willing to break the law. I don't see how that makes Lock poker a criminal enterprise.

I know they are slow paying people and we can probably agree they are low on cash and in danger of shutting down. A failing business that leaves creditors is not by definition criminal enterprise. You may not like their ethics of accepting deposits but calling Jennifer Larson a criminal at this point is premature at best.

Not agreeing with Druff = trolling?

I'm not even ***giggling*** OK

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I thought UIGEA made it illegal for US companies to facilitate transfers to offshore gambling sites. That doesn't make it illegal for the offshore gambling site to offer it's services. It makes it real difficult for them to run their business because it requires them to partner with someone within the US that is willing to break the law. I don't see how that makes Lock poker a criminal enterprise.

I know they are slow paying people and we can probably agree they are low on cash and in danger of shutting down. A failing business that leaves creditors is not by definition criminal enterprise. You may not like their ethics of accepting deposits but calling Jennifer Larson a criminal at this point is premature at best.

Not agreeing with Druff = trolling?

I'm not even ***giggling*** OK
    Conducting any part of the financial transaction to receive the money for internet gambling is against the law. This includes the payment processor and the poker site itself. It does not include the players, since they are sending, not receiving. Even when they receive cashouts, they are customers rather than providers.

This is why Black Friday was able to occur. If it were just the payment processors breaking the law, Stars/Full Tilt/AP would not have been busted.

Lock is doing much worse than slow paying. They are non-paying all Americans, extremely slow-paying non-Americans (who should get payments within days, under normal circumstances), and constantly lying about their liquidity in order to solicit new deposits and new customers. Basically, they are taking new deposits under false pretenses, as the money is being immediately spent or used to pay other customers, rather than being held for the player as they make it appear.

This is being done intentionally. There is no effort to curtail unnecessary expenditures, such as the extravagant Portugal trip (which Lock only deemed necessary in order to get its pros to continue lying for them).

I would say that this has all of the hallmarks of a criminal enterprise, rather than just an irresponsible business that wasted player funds (which is already stealing, btw) and simply can't pay.

They also stole millions from their network partner at Revolution, again misrepresenting their liquidity and failing to make reconciliation payments for many months.

Need I go on? Go back to the first post in this thread before any of the non-payment stuff happened, and you'll see how shady/dishonest they were even before all of that.

Lock has been in "rob Peter to pay Paul" mode for at least a year now -- pretty much exactly what Full Tilt did, except here it has been discovered and Lock is still continuing. They left 2+2 when their lies were failing to get through to anyone aside from their own intentionally delusional pros.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm definitely going with brother and sister as I see some resemblance in facial structure when looking at the pictures.

Comments

Sanlmar: I'll be damned rep.
    Last edited by BeerAndPoker; 01-13-2014 at 07:41 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    I'm definitely going with brother and sister as I see some resemblance in facial structure when looking at the pictures.

Definitely my first thought as well.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Hi there! Jamie Larson with DBM Realty.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BuSTMeANuT View Post
    Hi there! Jamie Larson with DBM Realty.

I didn't watch all of these but in this one a phone # is given at the end which it might be in all of these for all I know but you know what that means for tomorrow Druff?

Thread Information