Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: PokerFraudAlert Report: Lock Poker -- AVOID

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So now Lock has it's own exclusive tournaments from the rest of the Revolution Network?

http://gambling911.com/poker/lock-po...ts-042013.html

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    So now Lock has it's own exclusive tournaments from the rest of the Revolution Network?

http://gambling911.com/poker/lock-po...ts-042013.html
    Gambling911 sucks. It's the National Enquirer of online poker news sites, but even worse. Most of their "news" is either unverified (and often incorrect) gossip or puff pieces for the rooms with which they have affiliate deals.

Anyway, I love this passage:

Lock Poker has unveiled its own exclusive online tournament schedule due to network changes.

Details of these network changes were not immediately known, however, Gambling911.com has been provided with the new tournament breakdown for Lock Poker, which appears below.

These tournaments occur daily Monday thru Saturday.

Better still, there will be a bounty on one of Lock Poker's pros in every tournament.
    The "network changes" referred to above are likely Lock's latest attempt to avoid having to pay skins any money. If Lock keeps all of the tournament "wins" in-house, they can slowpay their payers to their heart's content. If it's Revolution-wide, they might owe skins additional money if one of the other skins has their players hitting the big scores.

LOL @ "Better still, there will be a bounty on one of Lock's pros".... yeah, and even better still, you will never get paid even if you win one of those bounties.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    covers.com is helping lock poker scam... the ads are up on covers heavy.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Hi Folks,

Wish I had found this site a long time ago. Sounds like issues with Lock are well documented. I requested a withdrawal back in November of 2012 that to this day has not been paid out. The amount was a little over $2,100. Frankly I'd forgotten about it for a while, but today I decided to log into Lock and I looked at my transaction reports and see that it is completely blank. Really? How do I have VIP points in my account without any deposit information even? Never mind credit card statements and countless emails. Anyway, got the run around from chat help. Just thought I would share what sounds like another Lock scamee.

By they way I am a US based poker player. Is there anywhere on the Web we can play with at least a chance to get our money out?

Thanks guys.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by james007 View Post
    Hi Folks,

Wish I had found this site a long time ago. Sounds like issues with Lock are well documented. I requested a withdrawal back in November of 2012 that to this day has not been paid out. The amount was a little over $2,100. Frankly I'd forgotten about it for a while, but today I decided to log into Lock and I looked at my transaction reports and see that it is completely blank. Really? How do I have VIP points in my account without any deposit information even? Never mind credit card statements and countless emails. Anyway, got the run around from chat help. Just thought I would share what sounds like another Lock scamee.

By they way I am a US based poker player. Is there anywhere on the Web we can play with at least a chance to get our money out?

Thanks guys.
    Head on over to twoplustwo and ask Shane to look into it for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    I think I just watched a hostage video. Poor chap.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    G911 aka Lock's biggest praise site because they get paid by them is reporting that Lock Poker will stop addressing people on 2+2 and only on their own forum.

http://gambling911.com/poker/lock-po...22-080513.html

While G911 reports a lot of false stuff this one seems 100% legit so with that said it appears Lock is trying to get people on 2+2 to come on over to their forum where they can monitor the hell out of it trying to hide behind reality in a tiny community that their site is struggling instead of having their dirty laundry blasted all over a high traffic site that 2+2 is.

Lock Poker has unveiled its own exclusive forum that can be found at the Lock Poker website, Gambling911.com can now reveal.

The new forum will help player issues get resolved much quicker as members will be linked to their actual poker account. This will also serve to eliminate so-called “trolling” and really allow Lock to deal with true player concerns. There is a min GGR requirement for those looking to participate on the new forum.

Lock is one of the first rooms to ever do something like this. The company has decided to close their sponsored forum on the TwoPlusTwo.com posting forum and develop a solution of their own. The new forum will be managed by Shane Bridges, Social Media Director, and several members of the support team. Gambling911.com Publisher Chris Costigan, who has been involved in the online gambling sector since 1997, will also be participating on this forum, offering his own unique perspective of the industry as a whole.

Lock Poker is one of the largest online poker sites, operating on the Revolution Network.

It caters to players around the globe including North America.

A minimum GGR requirement to participate on the forum as well? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
    Last edited by BeerAndPoker; 08-05-2013 at 09:01 AM.

Load Metric
    ^^^^^

This is the beginning of the end IMO. I think Druff predicted this closing down the lines of communication.

Name:  Flush down the toilet.gif
Views: 814
Size:  1.87 MB
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yup, it's true.

Lock has informed 2+2 that their official reps (such as Shane) will be departing that site, and they will only be answering questions on the new Lock forum.

That forum, by the way, is heavily moderated and requires "mod approval" of each post before it is shown.

Jen Larson finally wised up and realized that Shane's disinformation campaign on 2+2 was a failure, and that the Lock forum there was driving people away from the site, rather than easing anyone's fears.

Terrible.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker
    A minimum GGR requirement to participate on the forum as well? LOLLLLLLL
    Yeah, that's the funniest/most disturbing part.

You need to have a certain amount of rake paid on the site to even post on their forum.

Also, there is a line in their terms and conditions that they can close your account and confiscate your money if you "harm the company through forum posts", so this pretty much guarantees that everyone stay in line. Oh, and of course they won't ever approve your post to be viewed if it contains any negativity toward Lock.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker
    A minimum GGR requirement to participate on the forum as well? LOLLLLLLL
    Yeah, that's the funniest/most disturbing part.

You need to have a certain amount of rake paid on the site to even post on their forum.

Also, there is a line in their terms and conditions that they can close your account and confiscate your money if you "harm the company through forum posts", so this pretty much guarantees that everyone stay in line. Oh, and of course they won't ever approve your post to be viewed if it contains any negativity toward Lock.
    In that case why would anyone opt into this forum? I'm sure if you mention what was said over on 2+2 they will try to track you down and then say: "You broke the ToS and your account with Lock Poker is now closed. All funds are confiscated as agreement in the ToS."

Of course every post will be monitored and only the "good news" ones will get posted like when someones cashout from six months ago finally gets to them and they go thanking Lock in the forum,etc...

To take it a step further they can create bullshit usernames and make things look like people are getting paid regularly with fake praises of their site,etc.. I wouldn't put anything past these shady bastards.

Load Metric
    I just checked and I have access. So far there is nothing but fluff posts created by Shane.

The terms and conditions expressly prohibit asking about a specific cashout btw:

- General comments and questions about withdrawals are welcomed but requests for details on a specific cashout must be requested with the Cashier team at cashier@lockpoker.eu
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Don't worry the pros care a lot and are working around the clock to fight for the players.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    A supposed whistleblower account was created on 2+2 and made the following claims.

2+2 mod SGT RJ stupidly revealed the location of the poster, which was in the US (I won't post any more specifics in case they remove the location).

Here is the text that was posted. The poster did not return.

-The initial plan in the first quarter was to buy some time, push out with drawls for a time, expand into new markets, and eventually become profitable.

-Declining margins, increasing operating expenses, under estimated with drawls, declining traffic, and the rapid decline of new deposits has made this impossible. The company will fail and certain insiders know it.

-Lock is generating cash flow, but it is not profitable. There is money coming in, but expenses are higher. So, they are only paying essential expenses that keep the company operating. Wherever possible creditors and bills are not being paid and are being strung out as long as possible.

-One faction at Lock is operating under the theory that when they expand into new markets, they will generate new revenue and be able to turn things around. Another faction is operating under the theory that the company will fail and are designing a stalling strategy until the company collapses.

-Lock is comprised of many shell corporations and individuals who function as fronts to disguise ownership and to provide vehicles to inhibit creditors. Cipaco, Revolution, Cake, Lock, SDB Services. Lock may not own Cake, but that is a distraction. What matters is who controls the cash. That is a small group of insiders in Canada. The idea that JL is sole owner and CEO not entirely accurate. Just as M.J. Hugenholtzweg is not. JL gets a cut, but is not taking the largest slice of the pie and is a semi front person.

- Lock is not reconciling with the network. The way the companies are structured, Lock can point the finger at the network and the network can point the figure at Lock. But it’s the same people. A better way to look at it is that the skins are owed money. Around $4 million from last count.

- Lock will not be paying employees in an upcoming pay period. Excuses will be used, but the money is running out.

-2+2 was a huge problem for Lock. If you Google Lock and with drawls, cash outs, or scam you will get hits to the 2+2 forums. This is a big problem to acquire new customers and has crushed new deposits. Initially, they wanted to pull out after the ad flap, but certain factions felt that they could manage the issue.

-Shane’s performance was so poor and raised more problems that they pulled the plug and decided that a hide and seek approach was better. The plan is to run disinformation from their own site touting improved cash outs. Costigan will be a point man for this effort. The hope is to marginalize 2+2 and paint a more positive picture in the poker community.

-Lock had fund in Cyprus where they conducted banking transactions and they lost a significant sum.

-Funds are not segregated and never have been. All money went into one bucket and was then spent on operating expenses, player acquisition costs, and payments to ownership.

-Without an influx of capital from player deposits, Lock will collapse by year end.
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/19...-lock-1359293/

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Apparently Lock pros did at one time have priority fast cash outs and were profiting off it.

Quote Originally Posted by WiCane View Post
    When he says he doesn't receive cash outs faster he is either being dishonest or there are different levels of Lock Pro's. When I was looking to unload 10K of Lock money (on March 16th) in the transfer thread I received a PM from Lock Pro Melanie Weisner (who has posted in this thread). I'll summarize the PM since I think its against rules to post them:

Hi, I'm a lock pro and I can help you get money out. You will ship me the 10K and I will cash it out. Once I receive the money I'll send you 7.5K (at the time market rate was .65 or less). My cashouts are usually done with in a week (this is when they were already 2 months+) because I go directly to the owner, my last one was 2 days. If it takes 3 weeks or longer, I'll drop the vig.

The deal ended up not happening.

I'm not sure if Pro's still receive expedited cash outs today but at one time they did or at least some of the Pros did.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    PrimordialAA coming to Lock's defense yet again.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...&postcount=663

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Apparently the whistleblower was fake.

M.J. Hugenholtzweg is the name of a street, not a person. And yet that "person" was named as one of Lock's owners.

So disregard what they wrote.

Thread Information