Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Ferguson Apologizes (sort of)

Load Metric

Chris Ferguson Apologizes (sort of)

Comments

IamGreek: That's it????????? Awful

Load Metric
    fucking nit faggot can go suck a large black cock

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Agreed Rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  32.5 KB
    HILLARY WON

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Amazingly tone deaf.

This is being universally panned throughout the poker community.

Clearly he made this video because he was just WSOP Player of the Year, and is about to face everyone at this year's WSOP next week.

Instead of using some of that stolen money to hire a writer and public speaking coach, the idiot dropped this insincere robotron "apology" on the community, and somehow thought it would go over well.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    From Mike "Schneids" Schneider, former red pro:

“I worked relentlessly to ensure all players got paid back, and I sincerely apologize it took as long as it did.” ...those of us who were red pros and had a smaller balance than what we were paid rakeback for being a red pro got nothing -- will Chris pay us back our balances out of pocket?

Blood boiling.

Yes, I know red pros such as myself had a cushy deal with the rakeback and hourly and stuff. But at the same time, before being a red pro I almost never played LHE on full tilt, and basically had played exclusively high stakes LHE on Stars, so becoming a red pro def cost me a lot long term when factoring in the amount of hours/hands I traded from Stars to Full Tilt in the name of playing smaller but reducing a tonnnn of variance when getting that red pro deal (that is, until I ended up losing my balance on Full Tilt).

DOJ/GCG paid red pros: Balance - 100% rakeback - hourly = what you get. For a lot of red pros, this was a huge hit, and in the case of many such as myself, the result was getting nothing.

Hey Chris, I'd love it if you made me right out of pocket if you're so sorry. I know you have millions and millions in the bank, and technically, your company owed me that money.
    For those of you unaware, the DOJ decided that "red pros" would not be entitled to their 100% rakeback when remunerations were calculated.

So Garden City Group (the company managing the refunds) subtracted total rakeback paid AND total hourly wages paid from the Full Tilt balance of all red pros. If that number ended up less than zero, they got nothing, as was the case with Schneids.

He has a right to be pissed. This was total bullshit. GCG/DOJ rationalized it by basically saying that the 100% rakeback and hourly wages were not part of the poker balance (even though it was), so therefore it would retroactively subtracted.

Chris and friends never made this right for anyone.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Hello

This video will not suffice Chris NotJesus Ferguson.

Please anyone at the WSOP 2018. Tell Chris "SHAME" once w/o getting loud. You will not be kicked out for one word. Please start this wave. The Poker Ocean is bulging with water atm and still stuck in a tiny pond. Release the Fish!

White Bath Robe Chris? In the WSOP poker room. Norman Chad even wondered WTF? Very few knew. It was awesome, but misunderstood. I flew 3K miles for that BS. You Full Tilt Fuckbag.

Give us a real apology Chris Ferguson. Drop Jesus altogether. You are not my WSOP POY. Let's renickname Chris "SHAME" Ferguson. If enough do it then it becomes his real new nickname.

Eat My Feces Chris Ferguson, Howard Lederer, Ray Bitar, Alec Toereli, Russ Hamilton, UB Poker, EDOG, +++ the list is an ocean of filthy Poker Pukes.

Peace to everyone else

LPT
    Last edited by LastPaperTowel; 05-23-2018 at 10:14 PM. Reason: POY not PLOY

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If this is all Chris is going to say then he would have been better off not speaking at all.

FUCK OFF ASSHOLE!

Go back to your hide out before returning to poker a few years back.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    All I have to say about this tweet from Hellmuth is Jesus Christ:

It's one time of the only times lately I agree with Negreanu even though obviously he repped what was the competition at the time (and still reps Stars):

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Holy shit that was cringe … favorite part is where he blames "BLACK FRIDAY" and ignores the fact that him and all the other people who cashed out huge checks literally stole the money … The incredible mental leaps they make is truly luls

Load Metric
    "I deeply regret not being able to prevent Black Friday from happening"????????????

What???????

Was BF his fault? Is there a part of the story we do not know about?

He's not apologizing for any wrong doing like stealing players money. Not apologizing for being mute as a corpse when the shit first hit the fan after BF. & this BS about how hard he worked trying to get players paid back afterwards. That's like a serial killer saying he busted his ass helping the cops find all the bodies. Lederer claimed this point too. They knew how much heat they were going to take, so yeah I bet they did try to come up with the money. Honestly, never liked Ferguson from the first time i saw him. Didn't have a problem with Lederer until after BF but Ferguson has always been creepy to me.

Also, this non apology sounded like it was read off a teleprompter with 0 emotion. It sucks to really have to apologize to someone when you have screwed up. Hard to not show any emotion in that spot but old Chris pulled it off. Hey Chris, FUCK YOU!!!!!!

One day the FTP story will be told. Its been 7+ years since BF. WTF are you waiting on?

& how bout that Phil Helmuth. Did not know he was the giant ass kisser he is here.
    Tradition is a set of solutions for which we have forgotten the problems.

Load Metric
    Why doesn't he just disappear from poker? If I had way more money than I'd ever spend in my lifetime like he does, I could never play another hand, and not miss poker at all. There are way more interesting things to do than play poker if the money doesn't matter to you. Does he really love it that much?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    not watching this shit, but about 7 years too fucking late cocksucker...

I hope he chokes on a million fucking cocks...

Load Metric
    Can we get some footage of Ferguson working relentlessly behind the scenes to make sure everybody was paid back after BF?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by spit this View Post
    Can we get some footage of Ferguson working relentlessly behind the scenes to make sure everybody was paid back after BF?
    That was the line which pissed people off the most (though the entire video's stilted insincerity did that, as well).

However, believe it or not, I know exactly what he's trying to say, because Lederer basically said the same thing to me when I argued with him at the WSOP last year.

The former Full Tilt board (Lederer, Ferguson, Bitar, Furst) basically has been patting themselves on the back because they agreed to forfeit Full Tilt to the US government, which later facilitated the payback of players when Pokerstars bought Full Tilt from the government for $750 million.

The way Ferguson and the others see it, if they hadn't voluntarily forfeited Full Tilt to the government, then the Stars' purchase of it wouldn't have happened, and no one would have been paid back. Therefore, they got us paid back

But that's flawed thinking in so many ways.

The forfeiture of Full Tlit to the government was most of the "fine" they agreed to pay in order to get out of further civil/criminal charges. While they could have fought the forfeiture, their best play at that point was to forfeit it in order to save their own asses. So this was NOT done to pay the players back.

Furthermore, the Stars deal was NOT anywhere near in place at the time Full Tilt was forfeited to the government. These were two separate events. First Full Tilt was forfeited. Later, Stars expressed interest in buying it, and forked over $750 million total (a huge overpayment) in order to get the government off their backs, as well.

If anyone should be thanked for getting their Full Tilt funds back, it should be a combination of Pokerstars and the DOJ. Not Full Tilt. The principals at Full Tilt forfeited it in a selfish move to save their own asses, and they were the ones who stole our money in the first place. They cannot take credit for later actions by Stars and the DOJ which got us repaid.

Comments

Forum Wars: Well said. This guy and Lederer are going to have to come to the realization that you can't apologize if you did something to save your own ass --- and they are just digging a deeper hole when they half-ass apologize

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Amazingly tone deaf.

This is being universally panned throughout the poker community.

Clearly he made this video because he was just WSOP Player of the Year, and is about to face everyone at this year's WSOP next week.

Instead of using some of that stolen money to hire a writer and public speaking coach, the idiot dropped this insincere robotron "apology" on the community, and somehow thought it would go over well.

Lol @ matt glantz btw, don't embed him. Shilled for Trump for a year, absentee voted for Hillary a week before the election and tweeted about it (so he could side with the winner?) and then afterwards acted like he didnt. Fkn tool

And I've always been sympathetic to the full tilt guys, it's not their fault we got f'd by black Friday. Nobody would have been ripped off if they didn't get treated unfairly in the first place. Overextended their gravy train is all, lotta ppl woulda done the same.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Rationalizing your own fucked up ethics with “lot of people would of”. A true Trumpian scumbag.

sah_24: counter mumbles down syndrome rep

Load Metric
    When this all went down years ago Tony G. Said it best and I always thought he was right. Tony said that if they would have just taken there own money between Ferguson , Lederer, and Bitar and paid everybody that had an account balance under $5,000 which was proven they could have done it they would have taken a ton of heat off them publicly .

Load Metric
    -- "I deeply regret from not being able to prevent Black Friday from happening"

No, I don't think he could have prevented Black Friday from happening, but that is not what everyone is pissed off about. They're pissed off about FULL TILT

-- "After Black Friday, I worked relentlessly to ensure that all players got paid back"

HOW!?!? Nobody heard anything from you for SIX FUCKING YEARS. You did nothing. You finally came out of your hole once players were paid back (with no help from yourself)

-- "I also realize it has taken me a long time to make any public statement"

Yeah....no shit.

Basically this "apology" is completely worthless and has no weight what so ever.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    -- "I deeply regret from not being able to prevent Black Friday from happening"

No, I don't think he could have prevented Black Friday from happening, but that is not what everyone is pissed off about. They're pissed off about FULL TILT

More obfuscation and passing the buck.

Load Metric
    I can't believe he and Lederer still haven't had the shit kicked out of them.

Comments

Shizzmoney: Stars saved their ass

Diamond
    Load Metric
    MumblesBadly: Rationalizing your own fucked up ethics with “lot of people would of”. A true Trumpian scumbag.

Odds I would do it 0%

You 95%

Thread Information