Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: I figured Drexel would leave PFA show :(

Load Metric
    Whenever I am faced with life questions I always refer to Zap's posts for wisdom.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Druff kicked Drexel in the penis. It was as if he rescheduled the band's concert and conveniently forgot to tell the lead singer.

I am sure this is nothing a 500 word public apology and tribute to Drexel wouldn't cure.

West Coast pride? We will see.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I never listen to PFA Radio because its all about Todd

Its never about his guests or their insight

Todd is a very smart man in his own twisted self indulgent way, but as I said in my previous post, the show would be so much more absorbing and fluid if he engaged the guests and readers of the forum more.

I don't listen to the show simply because 98% of the time its just Todd babbling on and on. He loves the sound of his own voice, and its almost as if anyone else sharing his airtime is a nuisance.

Again, I don't intend this as a troll post at all...merely constrictive critique with a sharp edge

Todd you need to engage your listeners more and stop using your show as a platform to massage your ego...nobody wants to hear you ramble on and on and on for
    hours solo

Godspeed
    I can't believe I'm going to say this....but Tyde is right. I rarely listen to the show anymore. I did once in a while, when Drexel was on. He made things a bit more interesting. If Drexel had his own show, I would make an effort to listen to it. He's just more interesting. He takes more calls, interacts more with the people listening. He's not going to get stuck on a topic most people don't care about, and then spend 2 hours straight talking about it....
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Thing that stands out most after reading Druff & Drexel's open thoughts is their total lack of off-air communication.

Druff says he's unsure how interested Drex is during a serious biz topic. Says he's hesitant to bring Drex into the discussion as he can't even be sure Drex hasn't gone off to make a sandwich or rub one out w/e.

That's probably just one example of many were better off-air communication would iron out differences which have been allowed to unnecessarily simmer.

Basically you're both equally to blame for it reaching this point and you both score 4/10 in the professionalism stakes.

Any mainstream duo radio hosts will tell you that preparation pre and post show is vital to their on-air relationship remaining a success.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    I'm supoosed to believe you guys are really girl fighting and this all doesn't have some deep esoteric meaning right? mmm hmm.

Cool logo though.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

I still want to know what the fucking 322 means though. Today November 18th is the 322nd day of the year but obv its nothing that basic.

“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason, your own understanding and your own common sense.”
    And you shall know.
    That is the logo of a World of tanks clan called 322 skull & bones

https://eu.wargaming.net/clans/wot/500008553/
    Slava Ukraini!

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    In before 8 page contracts and pics of Brandon's ass

Load Metric
    Druff's taking it pretty hard in the ass here. Poor guy may be bloodied for a few days to possibly a week. Right before the weekend too. I pray he gets through this.

Comments

SysOp:

Platinum
    Load Metric
    When you haven't even figured out how to schedule a show for the same time, or same day every week, (or start it at 5 in the fucking morning east coast time) problems/issues like this aren't surprising. This has slowly turned into some half ass attempt at a podcast when everything out there is pretty polished, even the most basic shows with little funding.

It is a total clusterfuck. That says to me that Druff really doesn't care enough to straighten even the most minor of details out, and hence here we are. I get it you have kids and just come and go as you please, but if you want to maintain SOME type of stability and an audience, you can't run it like a fucking clown show whenever you feel like it. Did you ever think that maybe if you had the show scheduled every week, that Brandon might be more inclined to not miss shows so often? People can't be at your beck and call every waking moment.

Money is out there. I bet if there was a sponsor paying Druff some Jew gold for the coffers, this thing would be ran a hell of a lot differently that is for damn sure. Getting a sponsor would be a start. And I hope Brandon would do an "in addition to" podcast and not leave the fraud show completely. That would be a disaster.

JMO.

Load Metric
    The show sucks because the premise on which it's based sucks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post

It's target audience is people for whom mainstream poker podcasts are too high brow and sophisticated.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    What you guys need to understand is that the show isn't for the forum posters. It can feel like that's the case, because that's who is vocal about it.

But the vast majority of listeners are people who found it over the years and are listening primarily for poker/gambling topics.

Many of them also appreciate the gags/tangent/prank calls/etc, but if the show were just that, a lot of them would quit listening.

I realize that much of this forum has left poker behind, or just plays recreationally and doesn't care about most poker topics.

The overall listenership is up from the earlier days of the show, which you guys are saying you liked better.

I'm not necessarily doing this for ratings, but keep in mind that I try to generally present what the majority of listeners want to hear.

The issues with Brandon here are mostly logistical ones -- how we communicate off-air, how the show proceeds on air, his role in everything, etc. They are harder to work out than it would appear. Some are easier to fix, some are harder.

With that said, there is a discussion taking place privately about this, and we are seeing what we can do about it.

As the last episode was probably the worst one of the year, I will be skipping next week's show while we figure all of this out, and will report back later.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post

It's target audience is people for whom mainstream poker podcasts are too high brow and sophisticated.
    I know you're being sarcastic here, but this is actually somewhat true.

The main audience of the show consists of males 35-55 who are poker fans and/or casual players, who enjoy hearing about poker/gambling news, but would rather hear about it in a blunt, controversial, tell-it-like-is is sort of format. The show works best when that happens, but also manages to be fun and humorous at the same time.

The audience also likes the live, unpredictable nature of the program -- fail and all. When there's a story about a poker room screwing someone or doing something stupid, it's much more interesting to hear Colonel Fabersham call the place live and question them about it than just to hear a bland news story about the situation.

I've also tried to tone down or drop topics which fail to capture most of the listeners' interest, even if I like them. For example, that's why there's not much talk about DFS, bitcoin, or online poker legalization matters anymore.

I'm also very happy when Brandon brings some of his own topics, as sometimes he brings interesting material I wouldn't have thought of discussing, or he has interesting info or fresh takes on a certain situation.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    In before Druff reminds us once again how he is doing this for free and its actually costing him money, and that he will shut this bitch down when its not fun anymore

Comments

Tellafriend: not a good spot to hate
    Slava Ukraini!

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Hope Drexel comes back to radio!
    He makes it a better show.

Maybe you two can just hug it out and play with one ball!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    What you guys need to understand is that the show isn't for the forum posters.
    Nice Druff. A giant "fuck you" to all your forum posters. Maybe save yourself some money, and just shut the forum down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Ballin'
    Load Metric
    LOL @ Todd wanting ZOD to pay a portion of his money received to stream on PFA. Tight site. It's all about the site losing money every time. If that is the case what are we talking $100 a month? I am sure "us" non valued radio listeners can pitch in a few dollars to help the cause. Perhaps, we could get some air time when you take a breath once every hour. Tyde and ZOD are god - if my suggestions don't work - shut this shit down and lets go to ZOD.com where you will be kneeled to for entertaining purposes.

Load Metric
    druff is clearly spinning and jealous that Brandon was sponsored and it's outrageous for druff to ask for money.

what an absolute dick move.

drexel i offer to help you in anyway with regards to a new site, setting up your sound equipment, anything you may need. free of charge, I'll even send you the mixer i offered druff.

Load Metric
    i do also find this highly suspicious that this is happening while the site has declined in traffic tremendously lately.

:tinfoilhat

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SysOp View Post
    druff is clearly spinning and jealous that Brandon was sponsored and it's outrageous for druff to ask for money.

drexel i offer to help you in anyway with regards to a new site, setting up your sound equipment, anything you may need. free of charge, I'll even send you the mixer i offered druff.
    I didn't read half the shit itt.
    Why did druff ask for money?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

I didn't read half the shit itt.
    Why did druff ask for money?
    Brandon has been given sponsorship money and druff thinks he's entitled to some. outrageous.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

It's not outrageous at all to want a for-profit show broadcasting from my server to kick in its fair share for server costs.

So you're saying I should continue losing money operating this server while offering it for free to a show which makes decent money? LOL. Come on... now you're just trolling me.

The dick move would be charging him to use the server if he wasn't taking in any money for his show.

Here's a good comparison:

Let's say I was a doctor and decided I was just going to use my office to treat friends and family for free. So I pay rent and utilities for the office and obviously lose money every month.

Then a friend of mine, also a doctor, comes to me and says, "Hey, you have a great office, can I use it for my practice where I see regular patients who pay me?"

I would be a complete chump if I said yes and told him that he didn't have to at least help me pay for the cost of operating the office.

BTW, Brandon has not asked to use anything for free if he does a for-profit separate show, so I'm not criticizing him here. I'm criticizing dumb posts like the above which are clearly looking just to give me a hard time.

Thread Information