Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I figured Drexel would leave PFA show :(

Ballin'
    Load Metric

I figured Drexel would leave PFA show :(

Had a feeling based on listening last week I believe when Drexel said he wanted fun topics, but Druff being Druff wanted to talk about other topics and keep his ego in line. I mean even when I call in, I get no respect, snapped off clean,etc,etc. This site PFA will go down in flames soon. As I predicted in the past with NWP. I wish you all the best ZOD - and I will be a listener and hopefully you can keep me on air for more than 2 minutes. Loyalty doesn't pay on PFA.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Cool story

badguy23: Always knew u liked sucking guys off. TMMLGAY

SchoenfeldsJawMuscles: terrible

Cat Out Of The Bag: snap tmmlgay off clean

ftpjesus: Respect is earned not just given out Canasain wannabe Shill

BiffCo99: .

cmoney: Best Poster, Best Co Host

drufdajewgod: Canasian rep

Load Metric
    I think, despite my criticism towards Brandon, they had a pretty good dynamic and he will be missed if he really is gone. He's just so sensitive. Like to a fault. He's like forty years old. Generally once you get to a certain age you just stop giving a fuck regarding stupid shit like what he got pissed off about last night.

So Druff had to suck a few dicks before the show at the Venetian. Cut the guy some slack, he probably needed the money. It's bad enough the guy's had to resort to sucking cock for a living, you going to punish him more by quitting his show on top of it. Think it through bro.

Comments

Jayjami: Pooh, resident PFA ball buster rep.

varys: I second this in the case of us with wife and/or kids

Load Metric
    SCOTT STFU.
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Load Metric
    Druff was nice to me when I called in.

Comments

badguy23: 100% best caller that night. Call more.

Load Metric
    I read his 4th retirement speech.

What happened though?

I do think Brandon brings a lot to show. You need someone to offset or disagree with Druff on certain shit or it becomes a circle jerk which Druff loves.

Y is he pissed? Because Druff started the show at 2am est and didn't tell him?

Comments

Pooh: yes that is why he is pissed believe it or not

ftpjesus: I think it's more then the time issue it's that Todd didn't bother to message or anything he just posted a thread and thought it was ok to not text Drexel or call or anything.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by badguy23 View Post

What happened though?

I do think Brandon brings a lot to show. You need someone to offset or disagree with Druff on certain shit or it becomes a circle jerk that Druff loves.

Not too hard to disagree with Duff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by badguy23 View Post

What happened though?

I do think Brandon brings a lot to show. You need someone to offset or disagree with Druff on certain shit or it becomes a circle jerk that Druff loves.

Not too hard to disagree with Duff
    This guy for co host

Comments

Buck Nasty: Badguy for co-host.

Load Metric
    Druff I'm starting to believe you are the Kelly Ripa of Poker Podcast.

Load Metric
    Why thank you badguy but id want to kill that rightwing hebe after the 1st hour

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Why thank you badguy but id want to kill that rightwing hebe after the 1st hour

polar opposites make for good radio.

Banned
    Load Metric
    TMMLK IS GOD

/ thread

Load Metric
    Martin,

How about you doing a radio interview about your new job etc.

Trump 2016

Comments

snowtracks: Tyde rep

Load Metric
    Drex Zod .. Bring back into the night.

Comments

IamGreek: This!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daniel72: green 4 kermit

Load Metric
    totally blind read, but i think part of the charm for drexel was being a foil for druff's counter culture conservative opinions.

now that druff's is essentially an establishment perspective, id imagine the novelty is gone for drexel.

so yeah it will be at LEAST 3 weeks before this blows over.

Comments

snowtracks: sonatine right on the money rep
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Druff and Brandon couldn't negotiate a new contract. All Brandon asked for was a sushi dinner not paid for on comps and Druff wasn't going to dig through his dusty wallet to pay the bill.

Brandon felt it was time to play the free agency market. The rumor floating around is Brandon will be flying in on an all expense paid flight for a meeting with Mark Hoke.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Martin,

How about you doing a radio interview about your new job etc.

Trump 2016

I'd say highly unlikely for 2 reasons

#1 my internet connect is beyond awful, and I'm at sea 2 weeks at a time. We leave back to Singapore in the morning and my phone access will be nonexistent.

#2 (not trolling Druff disclaimer)

TMMLK is spot on...Todd has a bad habit of cutting off callers. He doesn't exactly engage his radio participants.

Under ideal phone/internet connection circumstances I would be willing to call in, but I'm reluctant to do that because Todd pretty much hangs up on me every time if I am too 'opinionated' or had a few drinks.

I never listen to PFA 'radio' because typically it's Todd talking non stop for 3 hours straight...IMO his guests are just a distraction and he is a terrible listener.

His ego gets in the way of what could potentially be a great show. But Todd enjoys the sound of his own voice to the point his guests and cohosts seem to always play second fiddle.

Its cool though, PFA is his house he can do what he wants, but the show would be infinitely superior if he would simply work a little harder at letting his callers, guests, and cohosts actually speak once in a whisk

Comments

SysOp: once in a whisk rep

Jayjami: Excellent comments Marty. Look what you can accomplish when you are sober!
    Last edited by tyde; 11-17-2016 at 11:40 PM.

Load Metric
    i do agree that druff needs to let the co hosts interact more and stop interrupting them when they try to get a word in.

Load Metric
    I have just caught up reading both threads, so please allow me to comment.

None of this is a personal attack on Todd, I want to emphasize that. When you have been friends as well as partners with someone approaching a decade, differences are bound to occur.

It is true, I was pissed last night when I found out about the show being delayed by reading the radio thread. I understand Todd stated he sent me a text that he later realized did not go through. However, the above is just a small part of a bigger issue.

I realize and it was made clear to me by Todd from the get go that he is the sole owner/decision maker of the fraud site. That was never an issue. However, as some of you that have been around here for a long time know, in 3 months it will an exact decade from when I did my first ever podcast.

I also worked my way up, paid my dues in the sense that the first couple of years of doing a show with both Druff and that one guy, I contentiy was the 3rd voice, I deferred to them as a sign of respect since they had created this before me and I knew my place.

My hope with the fraud show was that when I came back a year ago that Todd and I could be equals. That unfortunately hasn't happened. This issue isn't about covering serious poker content nor about me being burnt out.

I feel that we both should equally be the stars of the show. From everything to communicating when the show starts, to as best we can equally sharing talk time on air. As many of you who have listened for a while can attest to, the latter definitely has never occurred.

To use badguys constant cliche, I haven't taken my ball and gone home. My ego isn't so huge that I believe I am above anyone. I am more than happy and able to work with others, share talk time, creative content etc but it's clear to me that Druff wants to be the one and only star, the majority voice and run the fraud show the way he sees fit.

And that is fine. He has absolutely every right to.

This isn't going to cause some huge drama bomb on these forums or cause (at least on my part) any rift between us.

I do want to say that when Kalowatt started the "Colloqueal Evidence", I was floored at the response I got from so many people that religiously listen to us but have never posted on here or even joined. Several hundred people alone reached out to me!

Moving forward, Jeanne has spoken on my behalf to the powers that be in regards to arranging sponsorship/budget. That's huge. I can't thank her enough. I'll say right now before speculation starts that it isn't anywhere in the ball park of what the 2+2 guys got but it's more than enough to implement some ideas I have and finally compensate me in a more than fair way for my time.

I appreciate the offers that I have gotten from a few of you in the past 24 hours regarding helping me in the technical aspect of this endeavor, as most know how much I lack in that area. I have yet to talk with Druff regarding the logistics of any of this or if it's best to host my new show on the fraud network or to branch out. I am sure Druff and I will talk in the coming days.

Traderusky has already extended an offer to me regarding being a part of this new project. Not homo or anything but traderusky is a cool motherfucker. Got a lot of love for him and I definitely would love to have him be a part of this.

I also want to thank dagreek22 for offering me his unequivocal support as well as Sonatine, Cmoney, and a bunch of others.

And of course I can't state in words the appreciation I gave for you guys.

GS

ZoD

Comments

SysOp: cheers, gl on your next adventure

Jayjami: You will be missed.

IamGreek: looking forward to the new show

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I wasn't going to get into as much detail publicly, but since Brandon aired some of his gripes, I feel I should explain further.

When I left DD and started up this place 6 months later, I decided PFA would be a solo venture. I have a feeling that this is the reason PFA has outlasted every single one of the NWP spinoff forums, in terms of number of years active. I feel it's better for both the users and the owner to have just one person in charge, with a consistent set of rules and expectations. PFA can't be destroyed by infighting of ownership, because I'm the only owner and the only mod.

Radio, however, is a bit different. I just want the show to be good. I don't have to be the only "star" of the show.

Brandon approached me right after PFA went up, and said he wanted to do radio with me. I was enthusiastic about this idea, but my biggest concern about Brandon was his consistency. As seemed to be the case on DD, he would be very gung ho about the whole thing and do a great job for a few months, but then abruptly disappear for periods of time, with little explanation.

I wanted to do a show with Brandon, but I also didn't want to worry about how long he would stay on the show before fading away again.

I also felt it wasn't fair of me to ask him for a commitment, as he didn't own any portion of PFA, and I wasn't going to be paying him for his time on the show (since this site doesn't make money!)

I decided it was best to treat Brandon as an added bonus for PFA Radio. It would be great to have him, but the show would go on if he wasn't there. This way he also didn't feel any pressure if he wasn't feeling "up to" doing radio for an extended period of time. There were no commitments, and no pressure.

As you guys have seen over the 4 1/2 years of PFA Radio, that's exactly how it went. There were periods where Brandon was very active and present throughout every episode in full, and other periods where he would be absent. The absence periods were for a wide variety of reasons, but suffice to say that PFA Radio had one constant in its nearly 5 years of operation, and that constant was my presence.

We've had 209 episodes of PFA Radio. I've been on just about all of them. Just taking a rough guess, I'd say Brandon was there for about half. Maybe I'm off a bit, but I bet it's in that ballpark.

Keep in mind that I'm not claiming Brandon broke any commitments. He didn't. There wasn't a commitment, and even during periods when Brandon made a soft commitment to be on radio consistently (and mostly kept to it), something would always occur and he would be off the show again within a few months.

I'm bringing this up because most of the work for the show has always been in my lap. I write up the agendas. I make sure that we get to those items on the agenda, even if it takes 8 hours sometimes. I have to answer the phone calls (as well as choose whose calls NOT to answer, as well as choose when to end these phone calls). I have to run the general flow of the show. I have to run it all from a technical standpoint. I have to show up, even if I'm feeling depressed, frustrated, tired, or simply not feeling "into it" that particular week.

I'm saying the above not to brag or pull rank, but rather state the reality that it's hard to have one guy basically running everything and then for him to defer enough to a second host to where that host always feels "equal".

For example, sometimes a call will come in, and it's someone who has been trying to get through all night, but I wasn't answering because we were always in the middle of something. Nobody else besides me can see that call coming in, and I have to make a split-second decision whether to answer or ignore it. If I answer, I risk Brandon getting irritated that I either cut him off or destroyed the flow of the segment. This is especially true if I take the call while Brandon is speaking. What Brandon doesn't see is that the same guy tried to call 8 other times during the show, and I kept blowing the caller off.

So it's stuff like that which becomes very tough when you have a second host who doesn't want to feel like he's being made into second banana.

Same thing with the show schedule. Sometimes Brandon is simply unreachable when it's time to be on radio. I don't get mad. I understand he doesn't get paid for this, and this is just one of his quirks. I always say, "I'm always happy with any time we have with Brandon on this show", and I mean it.

But at the same time, it seems that Brandon gets irritated with me when I abruptly change the starting time of the show without giving him proper notice. That would be a reasonable argument from someone who is ever-present for every show, but not such fair criticism from someone who is known to sometimes vanish on radio nights without explanation.

I have tried to convince Brandon that I do see him as an equal on the radio, and not as my sidekick. That's honestly how I feel, and honestly how I see him. However, at the same time, I need to run the controls, I need to move along the agenda (even around the various tangents, which can be entertaining), and I need to be there almost every week, even if life circumstances suck or I'm not really in the mood to do the show.

I think the problem is that, given my many tasks of producing/directing/engineering/hosting radio, it's hard to bring in another big radio personality and make him feel 100% equal, no matter how hard I try.

Another example is the serious poker topics. As Brandon has little interest in them, I'm okay with doing them mostly solo, or with one of the other co-hosts. But when Brandon is there for them and is kinda quiet, it's hard to know what to do. Is he even there, or did he go make himself a sandwich? If it's something he already said he doesn't know much about and lacks interest, should I try to keep him in the conversation, or just assume this segment is a little "break" for him? It seems like often what I think is the right choice is what Brandon deems the wrong choice.

So maybe it really is time for Brandon to step out on his own and see if he enjoys doing his own show better.

That's really what this should be about -- enjoyment.

Will his new show be on the fraud network? It can be, if he wants. My only request is that he kick in a little of the sponsor money to cover server expenses. It wouldn't feel right to have him running a for-profit show on the fraud network while the site itself loses money. I assume Brandon would be fair about this and we could come to some reasonable terms. If he didn't have a sponsor and was just doing it for free (as he has in the past), then I would never expect him to kick in any money for the server costs.

If Brandon decides he would prefer to be on his own network, of course he's welcome to do that, as well.

There are no hard feelings here. I still want to maintain the same friendship with Brandon. It's much more important to stay friends than to force a radio/business relationship which seems strained. That sort of forcing is pretty much what destroyed DD, as well as several friendships.

And if, at any point, Brandon decides he's sick of the new show and wants to come back to PFA Radio (or if he just wants to co-host as a guest), he's always welcome.

Comments

sonatine: a reasonable perspective

Hockey Guy: yup, pretty reasonable.

donkeykilla: Anybody who has listened to the majority of the radio shows, can agree with this.

ThreeBet:

nunbeater: FUCK YOU FAGGOT

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (4 members and 3 guests)
    Brittney Griner's Clit, Dan Druff, Drexel, Tyde

Damn. PFA holy trinity of Osiris, Isis, and baby Horus.

Thread Information