Thread: Ignition experiences ?

Gold
    Load Metric

Ignition experiences ?

So I deposited 1k in BTC on Ignition. They have a weird countdown timer in their cart software. I don't know what the point of it is, but there are multiple reasons why it is a bad approach. Many hours later I get home to play some poker and nothing is credited to my account. I email them WTF is going on. They need a PDF/IMAGE of the confirmation. (Incredibly incompetent, they can use that one address I gave them to get all the other info.) An image just means someone has to type it in manually.

So I send an image.

They apparently didnt like the image although it is very visible. So I send a second one. They tell me it may be days before they can credit my account.

Is this normal?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    They have a weird countdown timer in their cart software.
    When you deposit with Bitcoin the processor computes the btc equivalent and gives you a certain amount of time to execute that deposit.

Bitcoin is volatile and they are just trying to limit their exposure by keeping the time frame small.

Ignition isn't the payment processor. They don't know what goes on in that window especially on the deposit side. Looks like they never got the money from the processor. Now that's interesting unless your the guy caught in limbo.

I am not a Bovada guy and never will be. If customer service means anything to Igition they should comp you something for your inconvenience and anxiety. Good luck with that.

On a side note, I have long suspected that there is probably only one major btc processor.

RIP the possibility of Chad Elie on radio.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    They have a weird countdown timer in their cart software.
    When you deposit with Bitcoin the processor computes the btc equivalent and gives you a certain amount of time to execute that deposit.

Bitcoin is volatile and they are just trying to limit their exposure by keeping the time frame small.

Ignition isn't the payment processor. They don't know what goes on in that window especially on the deposit side. Looks like they never got the money from the processor. Now that's interesting unless your the guy caught in limbo.

I am not a Bovada guy and never will be. If customer service means anything to Igition they should comp you something for your inconvenience and anxiety. Good luck with that.

On a side note, I have long suspected that there is probably only one major btc processor.

Yea, I get they have to lock in prices.. but they should be monitoring those addresses for longer than 15 minutes. That is some shitty backend processing. There is no excuse for it.

They should have a process examine those addresses then credit the account with the spot price once they see the transaction.

Load Metric

Yea, I get they have to lock in prices.. but they should be monitoring those addresses for longer than 15 minutes. That is some shitty backend processing. There is no excuse for it.

They should have a process examine those addresses then credit the account with the spot price once they see the transaction.
    Your money was never transferred from the processor to Ignition. That's your only beef. Focus your hate on that issue alone.

Did the processor ship it to your Bovada account? Just a crazy moonshot idea.

I expect you'll be fine. A royal pain in the ass for something that is suppposed to be fun is the tenor of your conversation with Ignition.

Gold
    Load Metric

Your money was never transferred from the processor to Ignition. That's your only beef. Focus your hate on that issue alone.

Did the processor ship it to your Bovada account? Just a crazy moonshot idea.

I expect you'll be fine. A royal pain in the ass for something that is suppposed to be fun is the tenor of your conversation with Ignition.

What annoys the fuck out of me is

#1 their shitty backend process. You can't guarantee transactions are sent within 15 minutes. They should monitor those addresses afterwards. I guess some people want a "quote" on their BTC. I don't care if it is up or down a couple of dollars, I just want to be able to send an arbitrary amount and have them sell it into USD and deposit it. Simple as can be.

#2 I shouldn't have to provide the address I sent it too. They should have that on file, and they should just reuse the same address instead of generating new addresses. New addresses helps with anonymity by disguising the BTC flow in regards to Igition, but it would be much better if they just reused the same address like an exchange would.

#3 Insistence that I send an image of the issue. Holy fuck you idiots! I gave you the fucking address in the email. Go cut and paste it into an explorer. No, they want an image. What in the fuck. This isn't proof. There doesn't need to be extra layers of bullshit. Now they have to go type the address off the image.

edit - This was fixed by the end of the day. Just make sure you have your wallet ready so you can put the transaction ASAP. Maybe send the exact right amount. I'm used to using actual BTC services where you send the BTC and they make it work. Pretty crappy BTC deposit process but they got it fixed in about 24 hours.
    Last edited by donkdowndonedied; 11-14-2016 at 03:40 PM.

Thread Information