Thread: A Game Of Thrones THREAD

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

Dothrakis are HOF and this guy is GOD
    yup I agree w/both.
    What episode are you on?
    Have you see the 6th one, "a golden crown"?
    I shot the through the first season in 3 days, shot through 8 episodes of season 2 last night

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just finished all 30 episodes in a few days. I have not read the books or anything but as Sonatine said it is paced out pretty good it seems.

I downloaded this after I saw a million tweets and facebook posts about an episiode late in season 3 where a lot of people seemed "shocked"

I can't see how anyone would be shocked at anything in this series. Main characters get killed often. After I saw ned Starks head get butchered nothing really surprised me after that but I guess I had fair warning of some stuff that was going to happen and others didn't.

Best guy of the series was the guy who got blown into flames by the dragons for fucking with the blonde queen. He was a true god and should be brought back to life by some witch and be given the throne.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Can someone tell me the attraction of this show? Is it the medieval horseback riding and fighting or whatever. LOL medieval fantasy stuff, that is not at all what medieval times were like. Is it the sex? It's no racier than the Playboy Channel, why not just watch some hardcore shit on the intertubes? I watched some clips and wasn't impressed at all. Maybe if I watched it from the beginning and got involved with the characters but I don't see how I would get involved with them. This show seems to suck just like most TV does.
    Its the best show ever. i usuaklly dont like anything thats made up, but this shit is so deep. Its literally a show that could go on forever. The first time I watched it I couldnt get throught the 1st episode, but once you understand some of the story lines it will hook you.

Comments

JimmyG_415: I could have wrote this exact statement. 100 % agree.

Load Metric
    Just finished all 30 episodes in a few days. I have not read the books or anything but as Sonatine said it is paced out pretty good it seems.

I downloaded this after I saw a million tweets and facebook posts about an episiode late in season 3 where a lot of people seemed "shocked"

I can't see how anyone would be shocked at anything in this series. Main characters get killed often. After I saw ned Starks head get butchered nothing really surprised me after that but I guess I had fair warning of some stuff that was going to happen and others didn't.

Best guy of the series was the guy who got blown into flames by the dragons for fucking with the blonde queen. He was a true god and should be brought back to life by some witch and be given the throne.

It was shocking if you had no idea it was coming. They were coming together and celebrating. You already knew something big was going to happen, but most people didn't. I was fucking shocked. I felt a little sick afterwards.

Load Metric

You don't see how anyone could be shocked at anything? Really?
    & What show are you referring to that main characters get killed often?
    The wire had 1, String. Sopranos 0, until the last season w/Christopher, (they had the yearly villain/rat to kill, no one that was both important AND on more than 1 season,) And of course Jimmy, ....."to the lost".

No show goes through them like this one. Ned's death just made it clear no one was safe, didn't take the surprise of the other deaths away.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The wire had 1, String. Sopranos 0, until the last season w/Christopher, (they had the yearly villain/rat to kill, no one that was both important AND on more than 1 season,) And of course Jimmy, ....."to the lost".

No show goes through them like this one. Ned's death just made it clear no one was safe, didn't take the surprise of the other deaths away.
    Well Ned was more or less the main character in season 1, I didn't expect him to go so soon but after he did I realized anyone could be next.

Well Ned was more or less the main character in season 1, I didn't expect him to go so soon but after he did I realized anyone could be next.
    But you did expect him to die? If I hadn't read some of the books I would have never guessed Ned would die during the series.

Load Metric
    Takeshi Kitano once said in an interview that his favorite moment from any of his movies was the shoot out in the elevator towards the end of Sonatine.

His explanation was, "In nature, violence is sudden and unexpected."

Just saying, the Ned scene in GoT is in good company, film theory wise.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Takeshi Kitano once said in an interview that his favorite moment from any of his movies was the shoot out in the elevator towards the end of Sonatine.

His explanation was, "In nature, violence is sudden and unexpected."

Just saying, the Ned scene in GoT is in good company, film theory wise.
    Apparently so is exuberant off-season celebration.

Name:  great-photos-thechive-50.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  57.9 KB

Thread Information