Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Game Of Thrones THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Yeah youll be seeing a lot more of Dany. And her politics. And her emotional states. And her politics. And her emotions. And her political emotions. And you will start to fast forward.

Pretty impressed with their discipline in terms of pacing honestly. That said, the convo between Walter Frey and RB spelled out loud and clear that we are indeed about to meet a whole phalanx of secondary characters that are about to become like 60% of season 4.

And thats fucking infuriating.

Just get to Westeros already.

Load Metric
    So I have a question, a lot actually, but 1 I've had all season

Where are the white Walkers? They were at the Wall at the end of season 2, why haven't they crossed,

Load Metric
    Can someone tell me the attraction of this show? Is it the medieval horseback riding and fighting or whatever. LOL medieval fantasy stuff, that is not at all what medieval times were like. Is it the sex? It's no racier than the Playboy Channel, why not just watch some hardcore shit on the intertubes? I watched some clips and wasn't impressed at all. Maybe if I watched it from the beginning and got involved with the characters but I don't see how I would get involved with them. This show seems to suck just like most TV does.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Can someone tell me the attraction of this show? Is it the medieval horseback riding and fighting or whatever. LOL medieval fantasy stuff, that is not at all what medieval times were like. Is it the sex? It's no racier than the Playboy Channel, why not just watch some hardcore shit on the intertubes? I watched some clips and wasn't impressed at all. Maybe if I watched it from the beginning and got involved with the characters but I don't see how I would get involved with them. This show seems to suck just like most TV does.
    It's not history, fucknut, it's fiction. (Hopefully the dragons and the fire lady and all that gave it away, but if it must be said, it must be said.) A story. An awesome, wide-ranging, gripping, emotional, unpredictable, fantastical story. People like great stories told well, and this is a well-loved story told incredibly well.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Well stated Crowe.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    It's not history, fucknut, it's fiction. (Hopefully the dragons and the fire lady and all that gave it away, but if it must be said, it must be said.) A story. An awesome, wide-ranging, gripping, emotional, unpredictable, fantastical story. People like great stories told well, and this is a well-loved story told incredibly well.
    Orly?

I wasn't saying the show should be realistic about medieval times. I am saying that all modern depictions of medieval times bear little to no resemblance of what medieval times were like, they are all highly romanticized. But you could have a realistic depiction of medieval times and add all the fantasy stuff in.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    So I have a question, a lot actually, but 1 I've had all season

Where are the white Walkers? They were at the Wall at the end of season 2, why haven't they crossed,
    I haven't watched the show yet this season, but I have read all the books, and as of the end of Book 5 they still haven't crossed yet (or even attempted a crossing).

But the sixth book which doesn't even have a release date yet is named "Wolves of Winter," so one can assume it might be Wall/White Walker heavy.

Comments

vegas1369: For fucks sake man, put a spoiler tag around this shit. Fuck!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Orly?

I wasn't saying the show should be realistic about medieval times. I am saying that all modern depictions of medieval times bear little to no resemblance of what medieval times were like, they are all highly romanticized. But you could have a realistic depiction of medieval times and add all the fantasy stuff in.
    I wouldn't even characterize this is a modern depiction of medieval times. This is a fictional story on a fictional planet, and there is nothing romanticized about it. If anything it is a little too over-the-top dark and cynical.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I'm just now closing out season one but as far as I can tell it appears like this show isn't just some romanticized medieval story, the writer takes historical moments that range from mongols to the renaissance and melds them together flawlessly.

Load Metric
    It's not history, fucknut, it's fiction. ](Hopefully the dragons and the fire lady and all that gave it away, but if it must be said, it must be said.) A story. An awesome, wide-ranging, gripping, emotional, unpredictable, fantastical story. People like great stories told well, and this is a well-loved story told incredibly well.
    wait ......... dragons are not real?

Comments

smithbk: exactly

4Dragons: 1, 2, 3, 4.. I count 4 here.

Load Metric
    Orly?

i get why youre confused, on top of which the plot itself is based largely on shit that happened during the war of roses period of anglo history, but as said, its an alternate reality, its like steampunk.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    I'm just now closing out season one but as far as I can tell it appears like this show isn't just some romanticized medieval story, the writer takes historical moments that range from mongols to the renaissance and melds them together flawlessly.
    Exactly.

It is closer to real life than most fiction. This whole war of the kings, is based on the War of the roses.

Starks=Yorks of the North
    Lannisters=Lancasters, richest family in those times.
    Red Wedding=Black Dinner

off the top of my head,
    like lewfather said,
    Darthraki=Mongols

Greyjoy=Vikings

I can go on and on, there are a lot of great articles talking about the influences.

And just like in real life, no good deed goes unpunished.

Load Metric
    i just started watching this last night at 3am thanks to lew for hooking me up with a link with all the episodes. I'm liking it so far Im on Season 1 episode 4 so got a long way to go so I wont be coming into this thread were u ppl will ruin shit!!

Banned
    Load Metric
    Have to respect the actor who plays that little fucker Joffrey, I haven't hated a character this much in a long time. I can't imagine how good his offing will be but I suspect it's not to far off *just starting season 2*

Name:  O7DCG.png
Views: 273
Size:  474.0 KB

Load Metric
    http://quartermaester.info/

Interactive map of everything. Pretty impressive. Click the cities for a wiki page.

Comments

JimmyG_415: Nice, that is the best one I've ever seen.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    Have to respect the actor who plays that little fucker Joffrey, I haven't hated a character this much in a long time. I can't imagine how good his offing will be but I suspect it's not to far off *just starting season 2*

Name:  O7DCG.png
Views: 273
Size:  474.0 KB
    The only guy I've hated on screen as much, was the guy who got David Caruso fired from NYPD Blue.

I remember reading that is the sign of a great actor, but, I also remember he'd guest star on other shows I'd watch and I still hated him.

Name:  IAB.PNG
Views: 291
Size:  162.4 KB
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0359695/?ref_=tt_cl_t14

Load Metric
    "Showed my dad pics of GoT characters and asked him their names"

http://imgur.com/gallery/11bIw

my sides
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    "Showed my dad pics of GoT characters and asked him their names"

http://imgur.com/gallery/11bIw

my sides
    'little kickass stark, mila?"
    Name:  kickassposterhitgirl.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  43.1 KB

:whynot

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Dothrakis are HOF and this guy is GOD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

Dothrakis are HOF and this guy is GOD
    yup I agree w/both.
    What episode are you on?
    Have you see the 6th one, "a golden crown"?

Load Metric
    So where on Noah's Ark is the :whynot ?

Thread Information