Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iceland---Anybody been there?

Load Metric

Iceland---Anybody been there?

Have the opportunity to go to Iceland in June with a friend. Airfare is like $450 round trip and we are staying with his friend.

I like traveling but I'm not so sure on iceland. They do have the Aurora borealis, that lava field blue lagoon, and mountains.

But what else? It's a small country with like 350k ppl.

Comments

John Stamos: experiencing the world rep
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Bronze
    Load Metric
    One of my good buddies was just there 2 months ago for a few weeks. If you have any specific questions I'm sure I could get some answers. It's expensive for tourists but the landscape and culture is breath taking.

Load Metric
    yes, I have been there. Amazing country. I always take the opportunity to visit any new place, I would definitely go back.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by John Stamos View Post
    yes, I have been there. Amazing country. I always take the opportunity to visit any new place, I would definitely go back.
    I'm actually planning a trip to Iceland for a few days then onto Scotland & Ireland for a few weeks for sometime in 2017. You may be receiving some PM's from me.

Comments

John Stamos: i got you HG
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegnation22 View Post
    Have the opportunity to go to Iceland in June with a friend. Airfare is like $450 round trip and we are staying with his friend.

I like traveling but I'm not so sure on iceland. They do have the Aurora borealis, that lava field blue lagoon, and mountains.

You won't see the Aurora Borealis in June as it is practically 24 hours daylight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    I'm actually planning a trip to Iceland for a few days then onto Scotland & Ireland for a few weeks for sometime in 2017. You may be receiving some PM's from me.
    If you're willing to turn pro I can get reduced fares as a caddy for the second leg of your trip.

Canada has way more ice btw so do the math

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post

You won't see the Aurora Borealis in June as it is practically 24 hours daylight.
    Really? That's a buzzkill. Have always wanted to see the Aurora Borealis. I'm leaning towards going as it's a chance to travel and lodge for cheap.

Checking out some golf courses, thats what I mostly will want to do. Especially if it's light out mostly all day.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Load Metric

Really? That's a buzzkill. Have always wanted to see the Aurora Borealis. I'm leaning towards going as it's a chance to travel and lodge for cheap.

Checking out some golf courses, thats what I mostly will want to do. Especially if it's light out mostly all day.
    If you're going to Iceland for, primarily, a golf holiday you're doing it wrong especially since Scotland & Ireland are such a short distance away. Not saying there are not any courses worth playing but it's definitely not what I think of when someone mentions Iceland.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric

If you're going to Iceland for, primarily, a golf holiday you're doing it wrong especially since Scotland & Ireland are such a short distance away. Not saying there are not any courses worth playing but it's definitely not what I think of when someone mentions Iceland.
    Iceland is golf crazy. Most courses per capita in the world. I've been to England and Scotland in 2011 an d played golf. Very interesting.

I'm not solely going there just to golf, but when I do go that's what ill want to do.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

There is so much in this thread that does not ring true

i.e. visited England and Scotland and played golf VERY INTERESTING.
    Your research on the A. Borealis never mentioned season?
    btw the days are long in the summer as are the nights

FRAUD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

FRAUD
    Links golf is very interesting, considering all I play is modern American layouts.

Researching the Aurora borealis? I never did. Everybody has heard of it, sorry I didn't know the facts and every poignant piece of information that pertains to it.

If I did research I would have known that you can't see it in summer

Carry on with your trolling. Faggot.

Load Metric

FRAUD
    Links golf is very interesting, considering all I play is modern American layouts.

Researching the Aurora borealis? I never did. Everybody has heard of it, sorry I didn't know the facts and every poignant piece of information that pertains to it.

Teg, regardless of seeing the northern lights or not you will have a great time if you suck up the experience.

I had never done links golfing before until a couple of months ago when I played a course in Ireland.

I am nothing special of a golfer, shoot high 80's on average and was with 3 golfers who were all quite a bit better than me. After the first hole we decided to do a 2 vs 2 scramble because otherwise we would have all shot 100+ easily. Even without trees if you don't hit it in the narrow ass fairway just forget about finding your ball in that shit.

Load Metric

Teg, regardless of seeing the northern lights or not you will have a great time if you suck up the experience.

I had never done links golfing before until a couple of months ago when I played a course in Ireland.

I am nothing special of a golfer, shoot high 80's on average and was with 3 golfers who were all quite a bit better than me. After the first hole we decided to do a 2 vs 2 scramble because otherwise we would have all shot 100+ easily. Even without trees if you don't hit it in the narrow ass fairway just forget about finding your ball in that shit.
    I know it's a different animal. Im a 5 handicap and i shot 77, 86, 90 over there. Def agree with the long grass coming into play, some of the undulating greens and slopes are unreal. Nothing like hitting a GIR and having a false front push it off and into the hay or a pot bunker. Don't see that on the states too often.

Links golf is VERY INTERESTING.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I know it's a different animal. Im a 5 handicap and i shot 77, 86, 90 over there. Def agree with the long grass coming into play, some of the undulating greens and slopes are unreal. Nothing like hitting a GIR and having a false front push it off and into the hay or a pot bunker. Don't see that on the states too often.

Lol, that confirms it. No 5 handicapper would ever, ever speak of playing golf in the U.K. or Ireland as interesting. If you're a 5 handicap you are addicted to the game and would gladly talk golf to a homeless guy. Maybe if you're a robot but they typically favor Polo. And what good is a reply of interesting? Interesting how? Really interesting? No mention of golf in your op until you find out the Borealis won't be happening

Load Metric

Lol, that confirms it. No 5 handicapper would ever, ever speak of playing golf in the U.K. or Ireland as interesting. If you're a 5 handicap you are addicted to the game and would gladly talk golf to a homeless guy. Maybe if you're a robot but they typically favor Polo. And what good is a reply of interesting? Interesting how? Really interesting? No mention of golf in your op until you find out the Borealis won't be happening
    Interesting as in the fact it is the polar opposite of American layouts. Jesus you are a retard.

Shut it down bro. Your shit is weak.

Load Metric
    Did you end up doing this tegnation?

BTW, my plans changed & we'll be doing an Iceland-Ireland trip in May 2018.
    Expect some PM's John Stamos.

Comments

big dick: Stay out of Ireland asshole

Kuntmissioner: if you're traveling the west of Eire, pm any ?s
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    stay out of Ireland they don't like your type there.

Comments

Hockey Guy: Already been there in 2012 asswipe.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    limitles knows the secrets of the world but chooses to spend his time busting this guys balls.

#gay
    #howmuchtimedoyoureallyhave
    #atleastexplainthat

Comments

jsearles22: @

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    stay out of Ireland they don't like your type there.
    They liked me just fine the first time:

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...land-Adventure

Comments

big dick: That's great! Thanks for the link homo

Kuntmissioner: Obv offset
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    Did you end up doing this tegnation?

BTW, my plans changed & we'll be doing an Iceland-Ireland trip in May 2018.
    Expect some PM's John Stamos.
    I did go this past summer and it was a great trip.

Friendly country, very beautiful landscape and all and all a great experience.

I would recommend it to everyone. Seljalandsfoss waterfall was absolutely stunning, the blue lagoon was nice, and the perlan dome offered some great views.

Played Westman Islands golf club and it was an amazing track.
    Last edited by Tegnation22; 12-08-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Thread Information