Thread: Ran a few passes at Epping Raceway in New Hampshire.

Load Metric

Ran a few passes at Epping Raceway in New Hampshire.

Over the last few weeks with the impending cold weather of Massachusetts approaching I got the itch to head up to the track. So i brought the Nissan 240sx up to Epping Raceway in New Hampshire today to make some runs in the 1/4.

I grew up around cars and was influenced like so many young adults my age by the original fast and furious movie. I.specifically am drawn towards Japanese cars and have been in the tuning world for over a decade.

My first car i purchased was a 94 Acura Integra LS. I had her for 6 years. I ended up going with a GSR setup in her, B18c1 head with a b1 block, basic boltons (I. H. E), bigger fuel injectors, new cams and gears, throttle body.

Anyways.

I hadn't dragged on a track in a few years so I was looking forward to it and a little nervous. I haven't gotten a new pair of drag radials so I was running on street rubber.

I made the 2 hour drive up this morning and warmed the old girl up with a few 3rd gear roll passes on the highway. Nothing like ripping through a crisp fall morning with a turbo spooling and a blow off valve whistling.

So I got up there, registered, got car inspected and waited my turn in line.

First run i ran a 11.38 at 129mph. I slammed into 2nd pretty bad and had some serious turbo lag until it spooled in high 3rd gear. All in all was
    very happy with my pass as I hadn't tracked my car since May 2014 and it needs to be tuned badly. I ran it on 19 pounds of boost.

I decided against making a second run.

There was a plethora of old muscle, German cars, imports cars that were laying down passes.

I am quite impressed by the new Nissan GTR (replaced the skyline) the launch control setup they have out of the factory is quite clean. There were 4 GTRs that I saw make passes and one of them went 9.37 1/4, my jaw dropped.

Anybody into tuning cars and racing?
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    If you could design your dream race car what color would you make it?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegnation22 View Post
    Over the last few weeks with the impending cold weather of Massachusetts approaching I got the itch to head up to the track. So i brought the Nissan 240sx up to Epping Raceway in New Hampshire today to make some runs in the 1/4.

I grew up around cars and was influenced like so many young adults my age by the original fast and furious movie. I.specifically am drawn towards Japanese cars and have been in the tuning world for over a decade.

My first car i purchased was a 94 Acura Integra LS. I had her for 6 years. I ended up going with a GSR setup in her, B18c1 head with a b1 block, basic boltons (I. H. E), bigger fuel injectors, new cams and gears, throttle body.

Anyways.

I hadn't dragged on a track in a few years so I was looking forward to it and a little nervous. I haven't gotten a new pair of drag radials so I was running on street rubber.

I made the 2 hour drive up this morning and warmed the old girl up with a few 3rd gear roll passes on the highway. Nothing like ripping through a crisp fall morning with a turbo spooling and a blow off valve whistling.

First run i ran a 11.38 at 129mph. I slammed into 2nd pretty bad and had some serious turbo lag until it spooled in high 3rd gear. All in all was
    very happy with my pass as I hadn't tracked my car since May 2014 and it needs to be tuned badly. I ran it on 19 pounds of boost.

There was a plethora of old muscle, German cars, imports cars that were laying down passes.

I am quite impressed by the new Nissan GTR (replaced the skyline) the launch control setup they have out of the factory is quite clean. There were 4 GTRs that I saw make passes and one of them went 9.37 1/4, my jaw dropped.

11.38 is pretty solid. But you really drove 4 hours to make one pass? Did you really think the car was going to break on a second one? Also, how much more boost would you consider running?

I love the GT-R. It's odd looking in a cool way. The jawdropping thing when it debuted was that it was $70k and going toe to toe with European cars at twice the price. The new one is still great, and 565hp, but it starts at $110k. The NISMO version is 600hp, lighter, and $175k. Anyone can throw money at a car and make it awesome.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    If you could design your dream race car what color would you make it?
    Dark Purple
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegnation22 View Post

Anyways.

11.38 is pretty solid. But you really drove 4 hours to make one pass? Did you really think the car was going to break on a second one? Also, how much more boost would you consider running?

I love the GT-R. It's odd looking in a cool way. The jawdropping thing when it debuted was that it was $70k and going toe to toe with European cars at twice the price. The new one is still great, and 565hp, but it starts at $110k. The NISMO version is 600hp, lighter, and $175k. Anyone can throw money at a car and make it awesome.
    I also went there to spectate aswell. I wasn't really concerned with breaking anything but considering I had to drive home 2 hours factored in to the decision. If I had trailered it i would have made multiple passes.

I can run it on 24 pounds, I utilize an electronic boost controller. I worry about the compression of my head set up when I run a high level of boost.

I daily driver her on 10 pounds.

Thread Information