Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Negan kills Abraham

Load Metric
    This show was all time great for about 15 minutes.

Then they jumped the Gov-ah-nah shark for 3 seasons.

Then they got back on track.

Then they did what every one of us would try to do.... find high walls..... and I aplaud them for that. But that was boring as shit and that's where I gave up on the show.

This show could have been an all time great but it fell into the common Hollywood trap. Instead of keeping it a show about the zombie apocalypse, they made it into a character drama. Two more seasons from now Carl's will figure out away to kill 100 zombies by breathing hard on them.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Then they did what every one of us would try to do.... find high walls..... and I aplaud them for that. But that was boring as shit and that's where I gave up on the show.

This show could have been an all time great but it fell into the common Hollywood trap. Instead of keeping it a show about the zombie apocalypse, they made it into a character drama. Two more seasons from now Carl's will figure out away to kill 100 zombies by breathing hard on them.
    Yup....I stopped watching after season 4.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Load Metric

Well to be fair the zombie thing gets old pretty quick unless you're invested in the characters.

oh and this needs to be a :thingy

Name:  glenns eyeball 2.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  66.6 KB

Load Metric
    garrett was an extra on the show apparently

Comments

ThreeBet: lol

Suicide King: Lol

Load Metric
    a couple of three things are straight ruining the show for me:

1) no ham / shortwave radio. everyone alive should be in constant contact via radio. who/what negan and his army are would be common knowledge.

2) oh so negan's got his boot on your neck? fucking pack up and head west. or south. or north. literally nothing and i mean nothing is keeping these fuckups where they are except bad writing.

3) no one should be hungry. the woods should be _teeming_ with game. especially 'nuisance' animals like deer which have been subject to regular deliberate culls to control population should be absolutely everywhere. rivers should be filthy with fish. crops should be literally everywhere, especially on abandoned farms. all of this could be canned/dried/jerked and used as provisions during a migration to a less fucked up place.

at this point im more sadistically amused by the efforts writers are going to in the name of avoiding obvious and sane realities than anything the show has to offer on its own terms.

Comments

LarryLaffer: you like jerking things huh Tine

ThreeBet: Solid analysis
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    LarryLaffer: you like jerking things huh Tine

HOW DAAAAAARE

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

1) no ham / shortwave radio. everyone alive should be in constant contact via radio. who/what negan and his army are would be common knowledge.

2) oh so negan's got his boot on your neck? fucking pack up and head west. or south. or north. literally nothing and i mean nothing is keeping these fuckups where they are except bad writing.

3) no one should be hungry. the woods should be _teeming_ with game. especially 'nuisance' animals like deer which have been subject to regular deliberate culls to control population should be absolutely everywhere. rivers should be filthy with fish. crops should be literally everywhere, especially on abandoned farms. all of this could be canned/dried/jerked and used as provisions during a migration to a less fucked up place.

at this point im more sadistically amused by the efforts writers are going to in the name of avoiding obvious and sane realities than anything the show has to offer on its own terms.
    I was going to type up something along these lines earlier. I'm not a geography major so I don't know what Georgia has for islands off the coast but I'm thinking the first place I'm headed is one of these islands with a bunch of C4 to blow the bridge or maybe I leave it up and put in one hell of a barricade.

Key West should/would be the new center of civilization.

Granted this would make for a shit TV show but it's a whole lot more realistic.

Load Metric
    Tine is literally upset that radios aren't made out of ham

Comments

gauchojake: rofl good 1 g

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

I was going to type up something along these lines earlier. I'm not a geography major so I don't know what Georgia has for islands off the coast but I'm thinking the first place I'm headed is one of these islands with a bunch of C4 to blow the bridge or maybe I leave it up and put in one hell of a barricade.

Key West should/would be the new center of civilization.

Granted this would make for a shit TV show but it's a whole lot more realistic.

I believe they established in the garbage spin-off that the zombies do just fine in water. Which is also a World War Z thing; zombies (some radioactive from when Pakistan nuked them) wandering around the ocean floor.

What neither addressed was how decomposition affected them, because holy shit salt water is brutal. But I guess you could play a get-out-of-responsible-writing-free card with like, oh the host virus suppresses decomposition by inhibiting the microbes that break down organic matter, which falls on its face because all the zombies are in advanced states of desiccation soooOOoOOooo at some point you end up reaching a tipping point where freshly 'turned' corpses fail to fill the ranks of zombies that have broken down to nothing. At which point uhhhh this problem kinda solves itself. Just have people sleep in rooms that lock from the inside, if you die you cant figure out how to get out and attack anyone, and aint no one getting in.

Anyway I've 100% always been on Team Island; you just take that fucking island and ring it with concentric fences or whatever and bob is your fucking uncle.

A barge would be fine too.

Comments

LarryLaffer: can't forget Zombie vs Shark from the italian movie ZOMBIE!

Load Metric
    ALSO SUPER CYNICAL BONUS POST

Ratings for shows are polled at 15 minutes into every half hour.

By postponing the reveal until minute 20, they guarantee no one tunes in for the kill then changes the channel, burning their 2nd half ratings.

Thats some real slimy shit right there.

Comments

gauchojake: RIGGED111
    Last edited by sonatine; 10-24-2016 at 04:42 PM.

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Just go somewhere cold preferably on a mountain that takes more effort than shambling to climb and you'll be fine. Zombies will freeze during winter (per world war z the book at least). And they won't be able to get you because they can't climb. I'm betting the rockies are teeming with human life in the walking dead universe.

Load Metric
    Tine - the next couple seasons are gonna be great. It's damn near impossible for them to fuck up the negan story line from the comics. Hell I might even start watching again after a multiple year break. The negan chapters are that good. Also shout out to shiva and the kingdom

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rum dick View Post
    Just go somewhere cold preferably on a mountain that takes more effort than shambling to climb and you'll be fine. Zombies will freeze during winter (per world war z the book at least). And they won't be able to get you because they can't climb. I'm betting the rockies are teeming with human life in the walking dead universe.

I like but Id want to be more or less 4k yards of observable terrain from the nearest woods/cover, which is too far for a realistic sniper shot but close enough to reach to harvest/retrieve game and wood for fires etc.

Load Metric
    ok are you guys ACTUALLY having a for real conversation about a fake show about zombies.

let me guess, you guys are preppers.

Comments

rum dick: not a prepper but am an okie married to a texan so we are heavily armed
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Name:  tine.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  13.7 KB

Load Metric
    Most people would probably assume Larry would be one of the first to get eaten but his scrappy ass will probably survive for awhile (at least until society really breaks down and people start killing the weak for their 10 speeds and stuff and Larry can't defend himself because he's a felon and isn't allowed to own a firearm).

Anyhow tine - great point....there's plenty of good sized meadows ringed by forests in high elevation areas conejos/rio grande national forest.....the wife has a family cabin there so assuming we can make it outta of socal before the national highway system gets taken over by maraudering cannibalistic biker gangs, that's where we'll be riding out the zombie apocalypse trout fishing and playing old board games. There's plenty of room and unused cabins so you're more than welcome to meet up with us. Just don't give gare directions to the cabin (dude would be a total carl).

Gold
    Load Metric
    Name:  14718649_10211647852380607_8034409239007912239_n.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  106.9 KB

Comments

rum dick: amazing

Load Metric
    Most people would probably assume Larry would be one of the first to get eaten but his scrappy ass will probably survive for awhile (at least until society really breaks down and people start killing the weak for their 10 speeds and stuff and Larry can't defend himself because he's a felon and isn't allowed to own a firearm).

Anyhow tine - great point....there's plenty of good sized meadows ringed by forests in high elevation areas conejos/rio grande national forest.....the wife has a family cabin there so assuming we can make it outta of socal before the national highway system gets taken over by maraudering cannibalistic biker gangs, that's where we'll be riding out the zombie apocalypse trout fishing and playing old board games. There's plenty of room and unused cabins so you're more than welcome to meet up with us. Just don't give gare directions to the cabin (dude would be a total carl).

i assure you, I'm not a felon, I still own a firearm, and I get my FOID card back in november when I get released from being on papers.

my gun (which is a remington .45 which is a colt m1911 variant) is safely locked away in the next county at my parents house. that's where it's always been as I feel safe enough where I live where I don't need to defend myself with it.

Why do I have a gun? no real reason, other than it looked cool and it was around the price range i wanted.

My cousin who runs a pawnshop also has a gun, as does his business partner (the partner carrys, my cousin doesn't).

shit you'd love that pawnshop, they have lots of guns (including a 12 gauge mossberg with a pistol grip)

next month i'll totally post some pics at the range because that's the first place i'm going with the GF, who also has a remington .45 like mine (only hers has different grips)

also....i ride an 8 speed
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric

THANK YOU.

Lets be real tho, the marbling on gares backstrap must be amazing.

Comments

gauchojake: So marbled

Load Metric

RIP Maggie

Thread Information