Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Pacquiao vs. Bradley

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Maybe you should, because it may stop you from saying such nonsense as this:

THis strange consensus you speak of does not exist.

Based on what I have read from multiple sources over the weekend, the general consensus is that Bradley won the last three rounds. You may not agree that he won the last three, but I dont see how you can disagree that most people feel he did?

The one judge who gave Pac 7 of the first 9 rounds said he lost the last three
    http://www.mmamania.com/2012/6/5/306...ne-9-las-vegas Last three to Bradley
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ption-of-fightLast three to Bradley

I could literally do this all day. Almost everyone agrees that Bradley was more active in the final rounds. I have read numerous reports that say Pac "took the latter rounds off."
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    You guys are being pretty rough on Jsear. There really are a lot of people who gave Bradley 10, 11 and 12.
    Jsearles said "almost everyone agrees." First list I googled gives us this
    Fox Sports: 109-119 Manny Pacquiao.
    Los Angeles Times: 117-111 Manny Pacquiao.
    Guardian UK: 117-111 Manny Pacquiao.
    ESPN (Dan Rafael): 119-109 Manny Pacquiao.
    HBO (Harold Lederman): 119-109 Manny Pacquiao.
    Fighthype.com: 116-112 Manny Pacquiao.
    East Side Boxing: 118-110 Manny Pacquiao.
    The Associated Press: 117-111 Manny Pacquiao.
    Yahoo! Sports: 117-111 Manny Pacquiao.
    Daily Telegraph: 117-111 Manny Pacquiao.
    Primetime: 116-112 Manny Pacquiao.
    ESPN (Michael Woods): 119-109 Manny Pacquiao.

The 119's obv didn't have him winning the last 3. Nor 118, and a bunch of the 117's gave Bradley the first round, so most of them couldn't have given him the last 3 either. There are some people who give Bradley all 3 of the last rounds. They are not a majority, and are far from a consensus.

LA Times http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...,2222327.story gave Bradley 1, 10, 12
    Yahoo Sports via Kevin Iole: https://twitter.com/KevinI/status/211672162979942400 Gives Bradley the 1st, makes last 3 impossible
    LA Times guy https://twitter.com/stevecarprj/status/211672431239233536 same as Iole.
    Guardian UK gives Bradley 8, 10, 12, but not 11 http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012...y-bradley-live

That should be enough, no? We're way below a consensus or even a majority with this one.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 06-11-2012 at 02:43 PM.

Banned
    Load Metric

Based on what I have read from multiple sources over the weekend, the general consensus is that Bradley won the last three rounds. You may not agree that he won the last three, but I dont see how you can disagree that most people feel he did?

I could literally do this all day. Almost everyone agrees that Bradley was more active in the final rounds. I have read numerous reports that say Pac "took the latter rounds off."
    You guys are being pretty rough on Jsear. There really are a lot of people who gave Bradley 10, 11 and 12.

The 119's obv didn't have him winning the last 3. Nor 118, and a bunch of the 117's gave Bradley the first round, so most of them couldn't have given him the last 3 either. There are some people who give Bradley all 3 of the last rounds. They are not a majority, and are far from a consensus.

LA Times http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...,2222327.story gave Bradley 1, 10, 12
    Yahoo Sports via Kevin Iole: https://twitter.com/KevinI/status/211672162979942400 Gives Bradley the 1st, makes last 3 impossible
    LA Times guy https://twitter.com/stevecarprj/status/211672431239233536 same as Iole.
    Guardian UK gives Bradley 8, 10, 12, but not 11 http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012...y-bradley-live

That should be enough, no? We're way below a consensus or even a majority with this one.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post

Bradley won 2 of the last 4 rounds at best, I could argue a case that he only won 1, no way he won 3. Some saw it that way I know. A minority.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

Bradley won 2 of the last 4 rounds at best, I could argue a case that he only won 1, no way he won 3. Some saw it that way I know. A minority.
    I agree.

Load Metric
    You guys are being pretty rough on Jsear.
    This is true, but in general its because he's not well-liked, and his handling of the vegas situation was detestable, so he gets extra scrutiny.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I'm ready to watch the 3rd round, first 2 I gave to bradley. Pac only landed 2 punches in the first 2 round.
    Those compubox numbers are interesting, but watching the fight, bradley's winning imo.
    I'm watching a russian replay so theres no announcer influence

We'll see if it's possible for a incompetent judge like me to get it wrong
    R1 Bradley
    R2 Bradley
    R3Manny
    R4 Bradley *close
    R5 Bradley at this point there's no doubt in my mind Mayweather is too fast for Manny, Bradley ducking most of his shots.
    R6 Bradley Nothing really landing from either.
    R7 Bradley, not many punches landing either side, many thrown.
    R8 Bradley Bradley hitting manny gloves, manny many many airballs. Not much landing
    R9 Manny *close lots of misses both sides.
    R10 Bradley , lots of misses, manny can't hit this guy.
    R11 Manny Listening to bradleys cornermen, they seem under the impression they're winning
    R12 Bradley Perfect representative of the entire fight.

Wow I scored it 9 rounds to 3 in favor of Bradley. Very boring fight and hyping a cheating controversy when there really wasn't 1 seems to be a clever way to create excitement for a otherwise boring rematch. I'm glad I watched and not just jumped on the bandwagon.

All you sport bettors 1 thing is crystal clear after watching bradley dodge Manny's punches all night. Floyd Mayweather will beat Manny with moderate ease. No way he can hit Floyd, he cant hit Bradley.

Don't jump on the bandwagon, go to 44:00 minutes in the link above, watch Round 12 atleast. It's a perfect rep of the entire boring fight. . Manny's legend is over in my mind and this so called controversy may be a way to get 1 or 2 big paydays out of Manny before people realize he's fucking washed up.

Watch round 12, 44:00 min in the link. Bradley won, Manny couldn't hit him for shit.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 06-11-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    I'm ready to watch the 3rd round, first 2 I gave to bradley. Pac only landed 2 punches in the first 2 round.
    Those compubox numbers are interesting, but watching the fight, bradley's winning imo.
    Can't wait for your full report.

Name:  blind_man_watching_Pacuiao_Bradley.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  15.9 KB

Load Metric
    I'm watching a russian replay so theres no announcer influence

We'll see if it's possible for a incompetent judge like me to get it wrong
    R1 Bradley
    R2 Bradley
    R3Manny
    R4 Bradley *close
    R5 Bradley at this point there's no doubt in my mind Mayweather is too fast for Manny, Bradley ducking most of his shots.
    R6 Bradley Nothing really landing from either.
    R7 Bradley, not many punches landing either side, many thrown.
    I'm defending the plucky Bradley, but no way he won 6 of the first 7 rounds.

Bradley won 2 of the first 4 rounds in my expert opinion. LOL
    Pac won the next 4 rounds.
    Bradley won 2 of the last 4.

Load Metric
    You guys are being pretty rough on Jsear.
    This is true, but in general its because he's not well-liked, and his handling of the vegas situation was detestable, so he gets extra scrutiny.

Hope that clears up any confusion.
    ughbutfair

Is that you BCR?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    In Bradley's defense he did have A LOT of intense flurries hitting Pacquio's gloves and forearms. I guess they should count for something, right?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    In Bradley's defense he did have A LOT of intense flurries hitting Pacquio's gloves and forearms. I guess they should count for something, right?
    More than Manny's airballs atleast. I was all pumped to see just how blatantly corrupt boxing could be and I saw the opposite. I really think this "controversy" may be a way to extend Manny's legend status to a couple more paydays. Maybe the announcer's are really effective at setting the tone of the match, like I said I watched the Russian version so I had no talking heads influencing my opinion.

Those of you who think Manny was robbed, post his absolute best round I got wrong and I'll rewatch it, but at this point Bradley won a very non eventful fight.

Banned
    Load Metric
    More than Manny's airballs atleast. I was all pumped to see just how blatantly corrupt boxing could be and I saw the opposite. I really think this "controversy" may be a way to extend Manny's legend status to a couple more paydays. Maybe the announcer's are really effective at setting the tone of the match, like I said I watched the Russian version so I had no talking heads influencing my opinion.

Those of you who think Manny was robbed, post his absolute best round I got wrong and I'll rewatch it, but at this point Bradley won a very non eventful fight.
    This troll nonsense is not deserving of a reply except to point out that FPS_Russia probably just made the most absurd post in PFA's short history.

Views: 211

Load Metric

It's the clean punches that really count, Pac hit him cleanly way more then Bradley.
    I agree it was a rather boring fight.
    Bradley was stepping backwards and did not control the fight either.
    Was a bad decision for sure.
    I score the fight 116-112
    I could argue for 117-111 pretty easy
    Yet would struggle to argue 115-113
    I'd be inclined to accept 118-110 then to argue Bradley won 5 rounds.
    Poor judges can easily score a fight like this wrong.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    It seems that recently Pacquio fights are getting more and more boring.

As much as everyone wants to see Pacquio versus Mayweather, I imagine that fight would be a real snoozer. Pacquio would just chase Mayweather around the rung, hit him in the shoulder a bunch doing no damage, with Mayweather occasionally doing quick counterpunching flurries and then turtling up again.

Banned
    Load Metric
    He's 34, slowing down and losing stamina. Punching power is always the last thing to go but maybe signs that he's losing it 5 straight consecutive fights that go the distance.

Platinum
    Load Metric

This troll nonsense is not deserving of a reply except to point out that FPS_Russia probably just made the most absurd post in PFA's short history.

I hope I run into you at the FT of this PLO freeroll, you're dead meat toad. Hope I don't get bored and donk out.

Banned
    Load Metric

I hope I run into you at the FT of this PLO freeroll, you're dead meat toad. Hope I don't get bored and donk out.
    A Freeroll threat from a blind clown.

Load Metric

All three judges only agreed on 4 rounds (3,4,6,7)
    That's actually really interesting. If each judge flipped a coin to determine the winner of each round, they would, on average, agree on 3 rounds.

So the two men boxing in the ring had very little statistical significance on the scoring.

Load Metric
    http://compuboxonline.com/compubox-s...w-12-pacquaio/
    You aren't very good at watching fights, I guess, that's all I can guess. Pac couldn't hit Bradley? He hit him more often in almost every single round. Not "threw more punches," not "was more active," but actually put glove on body/headand inflicted damage. In the game of two men striking each other, one struck the other more effectively AND more often. And to say that round 12 is a microcosm of the rest f the fight is pretty LOL. 'cuz it wasn't like the rest of the fight.

Load Metric

I'm just saying a lot of people gave him the last 3. I'm not saying it's some huge majority.

Thread Information