Thread: Ken Griffey Jr.

Load Metric

Ken Griffey Jr.

How good was this nigga?

Comments

Tegnation22: As good as the PEDS let him be

Load Metric
    my favorite player of all time and not many people remember how good his defense was early on his career

such a smooth swing

Load Metric
    One of best for sure. Like JS said one of the sweetest swings of all time

Load Metric
    He had his prime taken away when all the steroids and hgh related injuries took toll on him. Such a smooth swing.

Comments

ftpjesus: Do you really believe that shit.. Griffey Jr was one of the few perennial All Stars who wasnt shooting up to cheat

ToasterOven: idiot
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Darryl Strawberry is the goat

Load Metric
    Great center fielder.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegnation22 View Post
    He had his prime taken away when all the steroids and hgh related injuries took toll on him. Such a smooth swing.
    Do you seriously believe this shit you just posted.. In reality there is very little likelihood he was juicing.. First off a lot of the high profile players who were kicking ass and getting shot in the ass got caught.. Griffey never had weird sudden spikes in his stats (think McGwire and Sosa). and if he was really juicing the HGH would've allowed him to recover faster.. If anything Griffey was one of the few guys who wasn't playing dirty..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Do you seriously believe this shit you just posted.. In reality there is very little likelihood he was juicing.. First off a lot of the high profile players who were kicking ass and getting shot in the ass got caught.. Griffey never had weird sudden spikes in his stats (think McGwire and Sosa). and if he was really juicing the HGH would've allowed him to recover faster.. If anything Griffey was one of the few guys who wasn't playing dirty..
    Skinny kid blasts 50+ Homers multiple times in the Steroids Era then goes to Cincinnati, gets off the juice and breaks down physically.

It all leads towards suspicion.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Load Metric
    I still have his upper deck rookie card at my parents house somewhere....whats it worth these days about $25?

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric

I've never even though about it. He's always been above it. But shit, all his teamates did it. I hope he didn't but Brett Boone pretty much did a science experiment on himself. Buhner Incredible Hulked himself. A-Rod admitted it. His Dad popped amphetamines like Pez with all the guys from that era and Jr. grew up in that clubhouse. He pretty much never missed a game in Seattle. Then shit pops off with Big Mac and Sosa and he goes to Cincy and turns into an old man instantly.

Edit: Found this info in an article. It doesn't even list Buhner and Boone.

Griffey, Jr.'s teammates in Seattle included Alex Rodriguez, David Segui, Shane Monahan, Glenallen Hill, Ryan Franklin, and Todd Williams—all admitted steroid users. Former teammates such as Ron Villone, David Bell and Josias Manzanillo were named in the Mitchell report.

Thread Information