Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016/17 Premier League predictions thread

Load Metric
    Still a long season ahead. Going to be interesting which team finishes 5th- it'll be close at the top. Considering having a small wager on Spurs, they are where the value is at the moment- great manager, young ambitious players and hungry after missing out so narrowly last season. Best defence in the league so far helps.

My prediction as of today:

1. Tottenham
    2. Chelsea
    3. Arsenal
    4. City
    5. Liverpool

Comments

Lord of the Fraud: 1x
    BALLIN'!!

Load Metric
    Hull def starting freefall now.

Was at the game today (I'm Watford) and they literally parked 10 men behind the ball, playing for a point.

Cannot do that shit when you are 3rd from bottom.

GG Hull.

On a side note, how the fuck we managed to get Roberto Pereyra from Juve I'll never understand, but the guy is a machine.

Also, shout out to Sebastian Prödl who kept United at bay and today was again solid.

Top 10 for us I think, at a push maybe top 8.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid Stunt View Post

Was at the game today (I'm Watford) and they literally parked 10 men behind the ball, playing for a point.

GG Hull.

On a side note, how the fuck we managed to get Roberto Pereyra from Juve I'll never understand, but the guy is a machine.

Also, shout out to Sebastian Prödl who kept United at bay and today was again solid.

Hull have got horrible owners. But they've always been a shit club anyway.

How do you feel about your owners?

They're ruthless with managers but don't sell your best players (Deeney/Leicester) and seem to have genuine ambition.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric

GG Hull.

Just watched on MOTD. No shots on target for Watford, just squeezing a win against a shitty Hull with a OG.

I think your league position flatters right now. I would take the under on a top 10 finish.

Comments

Lord of the Fraud: beat me to it
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Hull should get relegated for that kit alone.

Looked a tight game on the MOTD highlights. No shots on target but 3 points is a result and a half.

Comments

Cupid Stunt: Pink kit is awful!

Belly Buster: No kidding about the pink kit. That shit is nasty on the eyes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post

GG Hull.

Just watched on MOTD. No shots on target for Watford, just squeezing a win against a shitty Hull with a OG.

I think your league position flatters right now. I would take the under on a top 10 finish.

Like I said, they parked the bus and flooded their own box whenever we were on the attack. Restricted us to long range shots.

Crossbar rattled twice in first 15 mins.

I stand by it, but to be honest I'm happy where we are considering I've been following this team since they were in Div 2 playing away at fucking Torquay!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post

GG Hull.

Hull have got horrible owners. But they've always been a shit club anyway.

How do you feel about your owners?

They're ruthless with managers but don't sell your best players (Deeney/Leicester) and seem to have genuine ambition.
    Honestly, they pulled us out of a shite situation. When they took over, we were pretty much bankrupt and struggling in the Championship.

They invested so much money into the club, not only into the players, but also into the stadium and training facilities.

Deeney was never going to leave. After he got put in prison, everyone said he was finished as a player. We stuck by him, and he's repaid that 10 fold. He's always first on the pitch and last to go back in after the game. Always mixes with the support. Signed a 5 year contract in the summer.

As for the managers, that is the only gripe I have with the Pozzos. Hopefully they will settle with Walter.

But the fans appreciate what they have done - here is a snap I took of the banner that the fans made up for Gino. They know without him, we wouldn't have a club.

Name:  20161029_145637.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  2.85 MB

Load Metric
    So many bad foreign owners about, you are lucky to find one who cares not only about the money.

It's disgusting what's happening with the likes of Leeds, Cardiff, Blackburn, Charlton and even Hull.

Oh and

Comments

Cupid Stunt: Z cars - well played!!

Load Metric
    So many bad foreign owners about, you are lucky to find one who cares not only about the money.

It's disgusting what's happening with the likes of Leeds, Cardiff, Blackburn, Charlton and even Hull.

Oh and

They've sunk so much money into the club and have managed to keep the core foundation, which is a family friendly club.

I'd say that Blackpool have the worst owner in English football. I'd never been to a game before where the away fans just turned up to boo their team and their owners.

Fucking madness!

Comments

Lord of the Fraud: yep another disgrace and run by peado owners.

Load Metric
    Burnley continue being God at home. Won 3-2 against PalArse with pretty much the last kick of the game after blowing a 2 goal lead.

City also fucked up. Again a late goal against Middlesbrough. Their defending could well cost them the title.

You yellow tomorrow I take it, Mr Fraud?

Load Metric
    Cupid Stunt. Will do you a favour and offer a small friendly $20 wager on Watford v Everton on Saturday?

We're fucking shite just now, hence the favour. Settle up on Stars or in person after the game.

Comments

Cupid Stunt: Sent you a PM

Load Metric
    Cupid Stunt. Will do you a favour and offer a small friendly $20 wager on Watford v Everton on Saturday?

We're fucking shite just now, hence the favour. Settle up on Stars or in person after the game.

Gang of shithouses Everton. No creativity, no defence and worst of all, no fight.

10 hour round trip with a 6am start and they couldn't even look at us at the final whistle.

Horrible cunts.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    little off topic, but just watched a vice sports clip on AFC Wimbledon...seems pretty remarkable that this team has gone from the bowels of English football to now being 2 steps away from the premier league in a little more than a decade...how the hell does that happen? so they start off in the 9th tier, guessing they started with normal dudes from the community and not pros and they start to climb the tiers...when do they start bringing in pros to the team and how do they afford those guys? shit is just fucking fascinating as all hell because you just don't get that in American sports and the fact they've done this in such a short time period makes it all the more astounding...

and lol that they're now higher in the table than MK Dons...that's just fucking brilliant...

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    little off topic, but just watched a vice sports clip on AFC Wimbledon...seems pretty remarkable that this team has gone from the bowels of English football to now being 2 steps away from the premier league in a little more than a decade...how the hell does that happen? so they start off in the 9th tier, guessing they started with normal dudes from the community and not pros and they start to climb the tiers...when do they start bringing in pros to the team and how do they afford those guys? shit is just fucking fascinating as all hell because you just don't get that in American sports and the fact they've done this in such a short time period makes it all the more astounding...

and lol that they're now higher in the table than MK Dons...that's just fucking brilliant...
    Not sure if you know the history here, but it starts with a big lump of shenanigans by the "old" Wimbledon and the FA.

In long you can read here. In short, when the FA allowed Wimbledon to move to Milton Keynes (80 miles away), the large Wimbledon support got behind the formation of a replacement club in Wimbledon, and it was this following and support that put money in the coffers of the club that a normal 9th tier club could only dream of. This provided the foundation to help them to ascend the tiers rapidly; but even with this said the ascent is still remarkable. Great to see them above MK Dons in the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

Not sure if you know the history here, but it starts with a big lump of shenanigans by the "old" Wimbledon and the FA.

In long you can read here. In short, when the FA allowed Wimbledon to move to Milton Keynes (80 miles away), the large Wimbledon support got behind the formation of a replacement club in Wimbledon, and it was this following and support that put money in the coffers of the club that a normal 9th tier club could only dream of. This provided the foundation to help them to ascend the tiers rapidly; but even with this said the ascent is still remarkable. Great to see them above MK Dons in the league.
    yeah they did a little bit on the history of the shenanigans of the now MK Dons...

interesting on the finances...they said in the piece that it would be mostly owned by the citizens of the community so I didn't expect them to have a lot of money, but guess any sorta money would be pretty huge in the 9th tier...so in the 9th tier you basically have dudes playing who have other jobs? guessing you cant be a living off of the pay in that tier...so Wimbledon was basically able to pay for a professional team all the way down in the 9th and subsequent tiers?

again just find the whole English football system fucking phenomenally interesting, especially in this case since it might legitimately be possible for a team to go from all the way at the bottom to the premier league...

Load Metric
    Suck it Chelsea.

Probably still win it, but now we may at least get a sweat out of second half of season.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If Dele Alli keeps playing like this, Spurs may have a chance just yet. Got'em at 13-to-1 to win the EPL early in the year #COYS
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Look out. Here comes Arsenal. Leap frogged from 4th to 2nd.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Feel like the bad officiating has given Arsenal about +10 points this year. They are about the 6th best team. How many extra time and 87 minute offsides can officials miss before it's simply corruption for large market teams? Seems pretty blatant.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Feel like the bad officiating has given Arsenal about +10 points this year. They are about the 6th best team. How many extra time and 87 minute offsides can officials miss before it's simply corruption for large market teams? Seems pretty blatant.
    Name:  wtf2.gif
Views: 152
Size:  3.60 MB
    Name:  wrong.gif
Views: 143
Size:  1.21 MB
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Thread Information